Both unc AND duke lose on the same day? | The Boneyard

Both unc AND duke lose on the same day?

Reaction Score
Can you think of a better weekend? If WVU can trounce unranked Kentucky that would just be gravy..

Oh, well, and if Uconn can beat Temple tomorrow...

BTW, is there anyone in college with a more punchable face than Grayson? Loved seeing him get that elbow and clang that 3 in the closing seconds.

Reaction Score
Can you think of a better weekend? If WVU can trounce unranked Kentucky that would just be gravy..

Oh, well, and if Uconn can beat Temple tomorrow...

BTW, is there anyone in college with a more punchable face than Grayson? Loved seeing him get that elbow and clang that 3 in the closing seconds.
Love to hate him but wish he was on your team type of player

Reaction Score
Was watching parts of the dook game, and one thing stuck out to me. They don't settle for the first open 3. They always move it around probing for a better shot.

I'm talking both teams, and they have better 3 point shooters than us. There were times during the game I kept saying Vital would have shot that over and over again regardless of distance.

Two well coached and disciplined teams, and of course good talent (night and day).

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
It took 3 replies in an OT thread to bring out the Ollie hate. I want to see him go, but good grief.

The more threads get taken over, the sooner AD Dave will wake up to how dire the situation is and raise $10 million.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
The more threads get taken over, the sooner AD Dave will wake up to how dire the situation is and raise $10 million.

Might not have to at this point, but that remains to be seen. I hope he does, because that means it was much ado about nothing.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
It took 3 replies in an OT thread to bring out the Ollie hate. I want to see him go, but good grief.

A thread tangentially about Grayson Allen is going south no matter what.

Reaction Score
Can you think of a better weekend? If WVU can trounce unranked Kentucky that would just be gravy..BTW, is there anyone in college with a more punchable face than Grayson? Loved seeing him get that elbow and clang that 3 in the closing seconds.
One of my favorite things about introducing my wife to some of my least favorite athletes (Sidney Crosby, Tom Brady, etc) is that it doesn't take long for her to realize why these players are hated and she soon develops a strong distaste for these players.

For example, I showed my wife the play when Grayson flopped trying to draw a charge in the 1st half and then barking at the ref. I was like "this is why people hate Duke, especially Grayson Allen". She was half-paying attention to the game, but she did see when he got the inadvertent elbow to the chin and then rejected the helping hand from the Virginia player. Her response: "What an a."

Really fun game seeing an explosive offense get mostly quelled by Virginia's excellent defense. Dangerous team in March.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
And to think we have problems. I was shocked to see North Carolina at #10 with their losses. Duke with another loss. These losses should move both of them a couple of notches. I agree about Grayson. If he didn't have that leg that twitches during game I don't think anyone would pay attention. But, he has punk written all over his forehead. Seems like Duke over the years has produced genuine punks.

Reaction Score
Was watching parts of the dook game, and one thing stuck out to me. They don't settle for the first open 3. They always move it around probing for a better shot.

I'm talking both teams, and they have better 3 point shooters than us. There were times during the game I kept saying Vital would have shot that over and over again regardless of distance.

Two well coached and disciplined teams, and of course good talent (night and day).

Nobody gets better defense out of his players than Bennett. And there won't be many uglier games than the one's his teams are in, but if they are playing in the 60's or less the other team is probably coming out on the short end.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Have you read AW much lately krinkle, my thought is sarcasm on this one or possibly just answering for the others who were thinking it? I could be wrong.
I was being sarcastic. ....... mostly. Because quite honestly if there is any there there with this ncaa investigation I quite honestly will want to (metaphorically) punch him.

I don’t like being duped and lied to.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Love to hate him but wish he was on your team type of player
Dont want him on our team at all. Had a great first two years but he's horrible now. Went from lottery to undrafted.

Reaction Score
I was being sarcastic. .. mostly. Because quiet honestly if there is any there there with this ncaa investigation I quite honestly will want to (metaphorically) punch him.

I don’t like being duped and lied to.
Don’t mean to hijack the thread but I’m on my last legs anyways with college sports. Especially men’s basketball. The product is just not that good anymore. The skill level for most teams is pretty low. And there is so much cheating going on. Probably always was but now it’s being exposed at a greater rate. If UConn is found to be a guilty of recruiting violations I will really become a casual fan. The NBA is much more entertaining and I find myself choosing It over an NCAA game on tv.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Nobody gets better defense out of his players than Bennett. And there won't be many uglier games than the one's his teams are in, but if they are playing in the 60's or less the other team is probably coming out on the short end.

Guy should hire an assistant in the mold of an NFL Offensive coordinator role. Just pass it over to someone who knows what they are doing and go win championships.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom