Boston Viewing for Second Round | The Boneyard

Boston Viewing for Second Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So, Boston has UConn bars? Excuse the ignorance, just moved back to the area (Natick) after 20 years away.

Reaction Score
Will be on the Cape for Saturday's games...any suggestions for a UCONN friendly bar?

C

Chief00

Will be on the Cape for Saturday's games...any suggestions for a UCONN friendly bar?

Actually South Boston has great bars and a surprising number of UConn fans particularly in Southie, Roxbury, Dorchester and Quincy.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
I'll more than likely be at Lincoln in Southie.

Reaction Score
I almost never go to bars to watch a game, but when I lived in Boston I once went with a buddy to the Cask 'n' Flagon right next to Fenway for the Elite 8 game against Arizona in 2011. I was surprised to find a pretty good contingent of alums/fans.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I think the Greatest Bar is a regular spot for UConn Alumni gatherings.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Does anybody know what time the game is? When will we know. I have the ok from my wife to skip our charity auction if necessary.

Reaction Score
Anyone bar to go to Saturday? I assume it will be a similarly scheduled game.

I feel like this'll be a game I need a few (more) drinks for.

I was front and center today at Greatest Bar with my hand up, and it stayed there, and it stayed there. I will buy you a few drinks to prove Husky Hawk otherwise.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I almost never go to bars to watch a game, but when I lived in Boston I once went with a buddy to the Cask 'n' Flagon right next to Fenway for the Elite 8 game against Arizona in 2011. I was surprised to find a pretty good contingent of alums/fans.

I went to cask and flagon for the Mich St game in 2014 and it was a fantastic crowd, bar, and experience. Chock full of UConn fans geared up and fired up.

I was hoping there'd be a game watch because I felt like the Michigan State game was insurmountable 2 years ago, similar to how I feel today.

We play at 7:45, the Celtics don't play and the Bruins don't play til 10:30, so I was hoping cask would be the spot again.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Wait did Chief suggest Southie bars to someone who'll be on the Cape? lol

He suggested Southie bars and then mentioned Roxbury, Dorchester and Quincy....two of which are not places people should casually consider going.

As a former Southie resident, there aren't any great sports bars for UConn fans. The problem in Boston is always the same, if the Bruins or Celtics are playing, they are what is on TV. Hell, BC hockey would bump the tournament. So you can't trust that you'll see the game at most bars.

Greatest Bar may be the best bet, even though I don't like the place and their beer selection sucks. I'm sure the KU alumni association will email me their Boston watch site, if you guys want to know.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
That's my problem with The Greatest Bar right there.

I stay out here in MetroWest. Have seen the last two NCs at the Blue Dog Sports Bar in Milford, which was a bit of a dump but is nicer now and has ok taps and a good bottle selection.

Reaction Score
He suggested Southie bars and then mentioned Roxbury, Dorchester and Quincy....two of which are not places people should casually consider going.

As a former Southie resident, there aren't any great sports bars for UConn fans. The problem in Boston is always the same, if the Bruins or Celtics are playing, they are what is on TV. Hell, BC hockey would bump the tournament. So you can't trust that you'll see the game at most bars.

Greatest Bar may be the best bet, even though I don't like the place and their beer selection sucks. I'm sure the KU alumni association will email me their Boston watch site, if you guys want to know.

I feel like maybe we should congregate in Roxbury, maybe we find some Jalen friends/family

Reaction Score
There are technically 2 UConn bars in Boston. As mentioned, the Greatest Bar which is terrible. Cask N Flaggon has also hosted several UConn tourney events. You'll most likely find some UConn fans there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom