Boston Thursday Roll Call | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Boston Thursday Roll Call

Reaction Score
we should be behind the "home team bench" with the thought that our sections will be 21, 20, 19, 109, 107, 330, 329. season ticket rep will let me know if this changes

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
The Brooklyn crowd was pretty sad in comparison to other programs, especially considering we chose this site and were by far the closest.

The hope, really, is that our fanbase foresaw 3 straight weekends in MSG, Barclays, and Boston, and most of them concluded (probably correctly) that the Brooklyn games would be the least interesting and our support would be the least needed among those.

There's no excuse not to dominate Boston, especially considering the other programs are from San Diego or the Midwest.
Completely agree as I mentioned in the foreshadowing Sunday thread. The fans need to show up in Boston.

Reaction Score
The Brooklyn crowd was pretty sad in comparison to other programs, especially considering we chose this site and were by far the closest.

The hope, really, is that our fanbase foresaw 3 straight weekends in MSG, Barclays, and Boston, and most of them concluded (probably correctly) that the Brooklyn games would be the least interesting and our support would be the least needed among those.

There's no excuse not to dominate Boston, especially considering the other programs are from San Diego or the Midwest.

i have been to the first round games each of the last three years (buffalo, albany, and brooklyn - although i only went to the friday game this year) and i have always been surprised by how few uconn fans turn out. i agree that it is largely a factor of the big east tournament, but it is still consistently surprising.

that being said, i think the building will be full of uconn fans on thursday. we have a big fan base up there that is obviously very hungry to see the team in their backyard.

hoping i can still make it, but not sure! really wish we were playing on friday.

Reaction Score
If you have the means to go (wish I did), then please go and be heard. Considering what heavy favorites we are, everyone else in the arena not a UConn fan will be rooting against us.

Reaction Score
Once in a lifetime type stuff for me. I’m a stone’s throw from TD Garden and couldn’t imagine not being there for this team.
Same here, it’s filthy expensive, all my friends backed out but I feel the combo of Boston regional and UConn as #1 seed may never happen again

I’ll be there +1 in the sportszone behind one of the hoops. I hate that view but getting tix direct from TD that was the last they had

Reaction Score
Same here, it’s filthy expensive, all my friends backed out but I feel the combo of Boston regional and UConn as #1 seed may never happen again

I’ll be there +1 in the sportszone behind one of the hoops. I hate that view but getting tix direct from TD that was the last they had
How often do they even have Boston as a location, let alone a regional final, let alone with UConn in it, let alone as the 1 seed, let alone on the road to repeating as champions?

This scenario will never happen again.

Reaction Score
Do we have a pregame spot?

Can't fault anyone for not going to Brooklyn - Big East tourney costs $$$ and days off. If you're the #1 overall seed, there is a certain expectation you'll be playing in the Sweet 16 at a minimum, so I'm sure fans saved up money and PTO for a Boston takeover.

Reaction Score
Do we have a pregame spot?
I wish Tavern in the Square had better standing room

Blackmoor is immediately across the bridge in Charlestown, but isn’t much bigger. I feel like the only big spots are the crummy dives in that north station area

Night Shift Brewing has a super solid and big tap room right there that could be a good option

I haven’t been to Banners yet so I can’t comment but I’m sure it’ll be swamped by fans from all 4 teams

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
How often do they even have Boston as a location, let alone a regional final, let alone with UConn in it, let alone as the 1 seed, let alone on the road to repeating as champions?

This scenario will never happen again.
It has been before. Could happen again but not for many years if at all. I wanted to go, being semi-local, but the prices are absurd and it's Easter week. I'm buried at work and covering for two others who are out. I can't miss Friday.

Maybe I'm just getting older, but I want to see the game more than I want to experience the crowd. I've been to TD Garden enough to know that most of the tickets under $1000 are going to suck. Back before the big screen 4k TV world that made less of a difference. Now?

Reaction Score
It has been before. Could happen again but not for many years if at all. I wanted to go, being semi-local, but the prices are absurd and it's Easter week. I'm buried at work and covering for two others who are out. I can't miss Friday.

Maybe I'm just getting older, but I want to see the game more than I want to experience the crowd. I've been to TD Garden enough to know that most of the tickets under $1000 are going to suck. Back before the big screen 4k TV world that made less of a difference. Now?
For me it’s “my Huskies are in there fighting to become legends, I can’t be out here looking at the outside of the stadium. I have to be in there to cheer them on”.

If we get through Boston it would immediately become the biggest in-person sporting event I have ever witnessed.

I’m lucky I don’t have kids or anything like that, and won’t be kid-free for long (getting married in October). This is as can’t-miss as it gets for me

Reaction Score
I wish Tavern in the Square had better standing room

Blackmoor is immediately across the bridge in Charlestown, but isn’t much bigger. I feel like the only big spots are the crummy dives in that north station area

Night Shift Brewing has a super solid and big tap room right there that could be a good option

I haven’t been to Banners yet so I can’t comment but I’m sure it’ll be swamped by fans from all 4 teams
I think we're lucky being local and a lot of the Garden-adjacent spots will be havens for the 3 non-local teams.

Anyone got any north-end ideas? That's walkable.

Reaction Score

Yeah? I’ve almost always gone to Celtics games in the upper deck and have always felt TD is a great arena where there aren’t any bad seats.

my busy period of work was last week, my birthday is in the ncaa championship date range so thankfully my wife had no problem doing Easter with the kids and her family without me. It’s completely stupid expensive but I couldn’t miss this

Reaction Score
For me it’s “my Huskies are in there fighting to become legends, I can’t be out here looking at the outside of the stadium. I have to be in there to cheer them on”.

If we get through Boston it would immediately become the biggest in-person sporting event I have ever witnessed.

I’m lucky I don’t have kids or anything like that, and won’t be kid-free for long (getting married in October). This is as can’t-miss as it gets for me

This legit sounds like my own thought process, thank you for your support, I truly feel understood.

Are you aware of any tourney related fanfare going on? I’m assuming Wednesday afternoon there will be an open practice (already blocked off my work calendar that afternoon) but wondering if I should try to get to the TD area as early as possible Thursday or if it’s just going to be a couple of games without a lot of BS going on.

Reaction Score
I think we're lucky being local and a lot of the Garden-adjacent spots will be havens for the 3 non-local teams.

Anyone got any north-end ideas? That's walkable.
Well the main drag of North End where most of the bars are is a similar walk to the stadium as is Beacon Hill, which will almost assuredly be less packed than the north end. Hill Tavern has always been a favorite of mine. Tip Tap Room is okay but not big, and not much of a “pregame” place. Sadly Beacon Hill Pub apparently closed recently. There’s the Dubliner, more so in that government center area…

Reaction Score
GJh5KYdbgAAvtf8

blue sections are ours!

Reaction Score
This legit sounds like my own thought process, thank you for your support, I truly feel understood.

Are you aware of any tourney related fanfare going on? I’m assuming Wednesday afternoon there will be an open practice (already blocked off my work calendar that afternoon) but wondering if I should try to get to the TD area as early as possible Thursday or if it’s just going to be a couple of games without a lot of BS going on.
Haven’t heard or seen anything. Never been in a city where this is going on. Do they typically have a buildup for the sweet sixteen games? The general area doesn’t strike me as being very conducive to doing much, unless bars step up and do stuff (which I also don’t really see happening)

Reaction Score
i have been to the first round games each of the last three years (buffalo, albany, and brooklyn - although i only went to the friday game this year) and i have always been surprised by how few uconn fans turn out. i agree that it is largely a factor of the big east tournament, but it is still consistently surprising.

that being said, i think the building will be full of uconn fans on thursday. we have a big fan base up there that is obviously very hungry to see the team in their backyard.

hoping i can still make it, but not sure! really wish we were playing on friday.
We definitely like to blow our load on the Big East tournament

Reaction Score
Weather is looking very rainy. We'd want to pregame somewhere not that far from the arena.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Yeah? I’ve almost always gone to Celtics games in the upper deck and have always felt TD is a great arena where there aren’t any bad seats.

my busy period of work was last week, my birthday is in the ncaa championship date range so thankfully my wife had no problem doing Easter with the kids and her family without me. It’s completely stupid expensive but I couldn’t miss this
Middle upper deck down and Loge are all good. Top of the upper deck makes me ill. Corners and end-zones, I tend to prefer TV. Lower corner is worse really (the upper lower and lower upper have better visibility). I also find it hard to get to the Garden, but I'm southwest of the city. Those coming from the north or nothwest have it easier. For example @Rocktheworld mentioned Nightshift, which does get good marks, that might as well be the moon coming from where I live on a weeknight.

Trust all of you guys to provide the team the backing our Huskies deserve. I'll check stubhub again to see if anything is reasonable.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Weather is looking very rainy. We'd want to pregame somewhere not that far from the arena.
Well The Greatest Bar has always been a UConn alumni event bar. I think they take the top floor. Check AD Dave's Twitter, they could put an event on. It's close. I don't like it, but it's huge. Tavern in the Square is nice but crowded and slow. I've heard good things about Banners but haven't been. I see that the Nightshift reference was probably to the Lovejoy Warf spot, that could work.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom