Borseth Resigns from Michigan going back to Wisc Green Bay | The Boneyard

Borseth Resigns from Michigan going back to Wisc Green Bay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Surprising - Link

Usually coaches leave Mid Majors to go to BCS schools and then don't return. Guess he wasn't happy at Michigan or was he forced out. Good ReHire for Wisc Green Bay

Reaction Score
And Erik Johnson, former BC asst and Denver coach, back to BC.
Don't recall Denver setting the world on fire, so another questionable - and hence, typical - BC hire.

Reaction Score
And Cynthia Cooper-Dyke to an assistant at USC under Michael Cooper

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
I always thought Borseth was pretty good, but maybe his superiors did not?

Anyway, if he is good then the B1G continues going sideways, improving at Illinois at least theoretically, while losing a good coach at Michigan.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Many people fail to appreciate that some folks love coaching but do not want the problems of coaching at a BCS school and "Big Time" programs. They aren't driven by the money, aren't driven by the notoriety, anren't driven by anything other than loving to coach.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I didn't think Borseth was looking very happy, and I'm not sure the support at Michigan (fans or administration) is as good as at Green Bay.

Hadn't heard about Cooper-Dyke, however, that could be a coach in waiting situation. Cooper is an odd case, saw him in person at AZ, thought he was very detached for part of the game, but then became more involved as needed.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
A swish appeal article lists Tenn asst Dean Lockwood among the names being mentioned for the Michigan job. Others include Toledo's head coach, EMU's coach (former McCallie asst at MSU) and Melanie Balcomb. I can't see Balcomb leaving Vandy for Michigan. EMU's coach just resigned and her program is under investigation by the NCAA for practice and recruiting violations.
http://www.swishappeal.com/2012/4/5/2928191/michigan-wolverines-womens-basketball-coach-candidates
http://www.swishappeal.com/2012/4/5/2928191/michigan-wolverines-womens-basketball-coach-candidates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler

Top Bottom