Borges: UConn Putting Finishing Touches on Recruiting for 2014 Class | The Boneyard

Borges: UConn Putting Finishing Touches on Recruiting for 2014 Class

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What are the odds Kasongo commits this week (to UConn) and Colson never makes it to campus? The article portrays Cassel as a bit of chucker, does he have that reputation? Is there some work to do on his shot selection? I don't see Ollie closing his eyes and waiting for the results as Cassel's former high school coach suggests.

Reaction Score
That description of Cassell Jr sounds just like Bazz, and his youtube vids show the resemblance.

Reaction Score
What are the odds Kasongo commits this week (to UConn) and Colson never makes it to campus? The article portrays Cassel as a bit of chucker, does he have that reputation? Is there some work to do on his shot selection? I don't see Ollie closing his eyes and waiting for the results as Cassel's former high school coach suggests.

That's the difference between a high school coach and a Division 1 college coach. Both Cassell and the other alleged "chucker" coming in will find out pretty quickly what happens to guys who take bad shots.

Reaction Score
That's the difference between a high school coach and a Division 1 college coach. Both Cassell and the other alleged "chucker" coming in will find out pretty quickly what happens to guys who take bad shots.

Point being though they're not bad shots when they go in.........he's a creative scorer you can tell by the video's as i said kinda Earl Kelley-ish and you jiust have to let them do what they do best, create offense!

Love this kid in National Flag Blue the more I think of it........close the deal!

Reaction Score
Cassell is a scorer. All scorer's take shots they shouldn't but they hit some of them. You get the good with the bad. In HS the coach probably gives him the green light. I tend to like a fearless guys with confidence. At the college level you rein him in a little but you still want him to be a scorer. DH is a scorer and takes some bad shots but some of them go in to. Kemba became a scorer his last year. He also took some bad shots but that what you get with a scorer and you would never change what Kemba for the team.

Reaction Score
Point being though they're not bad shots when they go in.........he's a creative scorer you can tell by the video's as i said kinda Earl Kelley-ish and you jiust have to let them do what they do best, create offense!

Love this kid in National Flag Blue the more I think of it........close the deal!

Totally agree. He's a scorer more so than a shooter. When he is hot ride 'em.

Reaction Score
Where was Cassel ranked coming out of high school?
Top 50, top 100?

Must be good if he got scholly to Maryland.

Reaction Score
Think we have a very good shot this week with both cassell and the Canadian. .but could be talk.. the joy of recruiting

Reaction Score
Where was Cassel ranked coming out of high school?
Top 50, top 100?

Must be good if he got scholly to Maryland.

Scout had him as a 3 star kid with offers from Nova, FSU, USF and MD. Not in the top 100.

Reaction Score
Scout had him as a 3 star kid with offers from Nova, FSU, USF and MD. Not in the top 100.

You'll find articles however that UConn offered him last year when he was available.

Reaction Score
Anyone who knows Sam Cassell Sr.'s game knows there is gonna be some chucker in Sam Jr. If Sam is anything like his dad in terms of talent and competitive spirit, you take him with open arms and just try to teach him a little restraint.

The thing about guys that can shoot is, they can shoot. Guys that can't shoot and take too many shots are a much bigger problem.

Reactions: caw
Reaction Score
458548986.gif

If he's anything like pops I'll be elated

Reaction Score
458548986.gif

If he's anything like pops I'll be elated

LOL when I watched that above GIF.

Didn't SR torch us at Gampel back in the day? It would be nice to see a Cassell fill it up on a regular basis in our house for the home team. My only concern is can he run a team? I don't mind a scoring point, but that type PG needs to learn that Plan-A is getting his teammates involved with Plan-B, which can take place at certain points in the game, to put the scoring on his shoulders. Marcus Williams was that type of point. Bazz is that type of point. As pointed out by others, scorers are going to take a bad shot or two just about every game, but many of those bad shots will be in the, "Noooo! Yessssssssss!" variety.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom