Borges says.... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Borges says....

C

Chief00

Chief, when you're on campus sleuthing do you wear a deerstalker hat, a trench coat and use a magnifying glass? I think it would be a good look for you. Now get up to Storrs and come back with some solid intel!

Was chilling with Chill at Blaze.

C

Chief00

Any insights?

Of course, by NCAA rules, he can't comment on any specific recruits. These are not insights but impressions - he is a very experience recruiter, very likable and positive. I learned this year not to get overly optimistic but I think the next month is key. It's probably fair to say we are very close on a few guys but need to close the deal on a couple. I am hoping and expect our staff can do that.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Of course, by NCAA rules, he can't comment on any specific recruits. These are not insights but impressions - he is a very experience recruiter, very likable and positive. I learned this year not to get overly optimistic but I think the next month is key. It's probably fair to say we are very close on a few guys but need to close the deal on a couple. I am hoping and expect our staff can do that.

You took a paragraph to say nothing chief...

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
So I happen to be friends of friends with Andre Drummond...asked him if he knew a "Cheif" .... turns out he does!!! Even had a video of him:

Reaction Score

Thanks, @Chief00

Reaction Score
That really is remarkable insight Chief. Are you sure you went up to Storrs to learn that, or are you on your couch?? Because you just said nothing that any one of us "casual fans" could have said.

Reaction Score

Did he express any concerns about our recent misses? Did he indicate any changes to our recruiting strategy going forward? Thanks.

C

Chief00

Did he express any concerns about our recent misses? Did he indicate any changes to our recruiting strategy going forward? Thanks.

Did not discuss those points - he is just working his butt off trying to get guys to commit. Everyone knows the conference is a headwind as is lastvseason - no need to keep using them as an excuse.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Chief, I think you said not to get our hopes up for this year and then you said the next month is the key. What gives?

Reaction Score
This is a different strategy than Glen Miller applied. He would schedule guys when campus was dead - mid August/ Christmas break. I am glad Chill gets that's not a good idea. True, it made for uncongested tours of facilities and plenty of time for studying that course catalog, but how much fun was it?

I am going up to campus tomorrow to hopefully check out the new MBB guys, see some football practice and touch base with some friends.
Glad to see casual fans taking an interest in the football team

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom