borges:Ryan Boatright: "We've got to win four straight" | The Boneyard

borges:Ryan Boatright: "We've got to win four straight"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I do think this team has one last ounce of fight in them. I would be really surprised if they lose before Saturday. I think playing at the XL will help a lot and with the way this crazy season has went so far, it would be typical of us to make it all the way to the championship game on Sunday just to lose at the buzzer or something crazy like that.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Chap strikes the comment section again!

He's gotten meaner since he's switched to commenting on Courant articles. He goes after Ollie and the kids harder than anyone still here.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Chap strikes the comment section again!
His commitment to his insanity is impressive in a way. Then I see stuff like this where he's clearly speaking in "Chap voice" yet under an anonymous tag on a random article where he has no "fans" and gets zero credit for the post, which makes the smallest part of me think he might actually be a real person who speaks/types like that... Which in its own right terrifies me to no end, what if there is a real Chap, like whose allowed to have a job, drive a car, have kids, and be out in public.

Reaction Score
I'm hoping like hell that they win obviously, but I can easily see them going through the motions for a 7-8 point win against USF where they pull away with 5 minutes to go and then lose to Cincinnati by about 10 in a game they trail thoughout.

I hope I'm wrong, if Purvis and Hamilton are scoring efficiently they can play with all but about 5 teams in the country.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
"We had a real long film session and we watched every clip, one by one. Then we watched the last five minutes and the first five minutes… I just told them they’re even going to come out showing that they’re going to take me out of the game and we’re going to figure it out from there. Or they’re going to go out and try to play us straight up and once I get to going off they’re eventually going to try to take me out of the game.
"I just told guys that’s your sign to step up. That’s your time to know that, ok, we’re going to let boat get us rest and we’re going to take over the game. We’ve got two, Daniel and Rodney, that can do that easily. We’re playing 4 on 3 at times, and it should be easy for you to get a basket."
That part of the article worries me. It shouldn't be about them taking over a game and giving him a rest or him going off. He knows they need to be involved to win so get them involved and get them going. Why have them wait until the other team stops him from scoring? Does he know that if he gets them going early it'll make it that much harder for teams to key in on him when he gets going later since he is the one that can get going almost whenever he wants? That's been the problem all year.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
"We had a real long film session and we watched every clip, one by one. Then we watched the last five minutes and the first five minutes… I just told them they’re even going to come out showing that they’re going to take me out of the game and we’re going to figure it out from there. Or they’re going to go out and try to play us straight up and once I get to going off they’re eventually going to try to take me out of the game.
"I just told guys that’s your sign to step up. That’s your time to know that, ok, we’re going to let boat get us rest and we’re going to take over the game. We’ve got two, Daniel and Rodney, that can do that easily. We’re playing 4 on 3 at times, and it should be easy for you to get a basket."
That part of the article worries me. It shouldn't be about them taking over a game and giving him a rest or him going off. He knows they need to be involved to win so get them involved and get them going. Why have them wait until the other team stops him from scoring? Does he know that if he gets them going early it'll make it that much harder for teams to key in on him when he gets going later since he is the one that can get going almost whenever he wants? That's been the problem all year.
Boat does pass them the ball, they just don't get the assists

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I want to see them come out with a new sense of intensity. Press from the beginning idc just energy from the start

Reaction Score
My two concerns for tonight are playing not to lose and playing with the assumption they're going to win. Oh and what time I'm getting home.

Reaction Score
He's gotten meaner since he's switched to commenting on Courant articles. He goes after Ollie and the kids harder than anyone still here.
You beat me to it. I thought that was Chappy in the comment section.

Reaction Score
His commitment to his insanity is impressive in a way. Then I see stuff like this where he's clearly speaking in "Chap voice" yet under an anonymous tag on a random article where he has no "fans" and gets zero credit for the post, which makes the smallest part of me think he might actually be a real person who speaks/types like that... Which in its own right terrifies me to no end, what if there is a real Chap, like whose allowed to have a job, drive a car, have kids, and be out in public.
The ignore button is my friend in regards to Chap.

Reaction Score
Uconn Mom 11 @TaneshaBoatrigh

This mommy just received some news that really bothered me. But I know I can't stay there the squad depends on me.

11 March

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Boat does pass them the ball, they just don't get the assists
There's a difference between passing someone the ball because you can't score and passing someone the ball to get them going like Bazz used to do with a Deandre last year. He used to start off games making Deandre the focal point because he knew we needed him as much as anybody.

Reaction Score
Uconn Mom 11 @TaneshaBoatrigh

This mommy just received some news that really bothered me. But I know I can't stay there the squad depends on me.

11 March

What could this be? I don't understand "tweet":eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member