Borges on Spencer | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Borges on Spencer

Reaction Score
He better be since he is kind of replacing Hawkins in the rotation rather than Calcaterra
It’ll prob be a group effort in replacing what all we lost, vs a 1 for 1.

Cam will be responsible for the shooting piece, but the difference in overall scoring will likely be a group effort between Newtons growth & Castle’s scoring vs someone like Andre.

The defensive perimeter neutralizer is who/what combo is going to fill that role

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
We should be preseason #1.
I don’t care about that we did an unranked to title. And tore threw country pre conf season. I also don’t complain if we were pre season 1. That’s fine too. But here’s the deal we need to go into Lawrence Kansas in early December and beat them down. I actually like that scenario lower ranked. And then we can talk.

Reaction Score
From an outsider's perspective, Spencer is a significant upgrade from Calcaterra. Think he'll average around double figures.

He’s a different player in all reality. Joey came in as a piece off the bench Cam is a solid starter with leadership capabilities. Also a different player than Hawkins but capable of impacting the Huskies at the same level.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score

Killa Cam

Hustling Hip Hop GIF

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
On paper, we should be #1. But objectively, who gives a damn. We'll move up quickly & the rubber meets the road in March anyway.

But for all the reasons mentioned, Castle/Newton/Spencer/Karaban/Clingan is an insanely talented starting 5.

And Diarra/Samson/Ross/Stewart/Youssouf behind them is, on paper, drool-worthy.

My guess: we'll rise to the top quickly, take a few conference hits, and be battle-tested for March. Uncreative assessment, but it just feels that way.
One big caveat. If Youssouf and Samson dont step up where does our rebounding come from when the Big D isnt on the floor? That could be a major issue and is the only thing that keeps me up at night. Samsons contributions are going to be huge. If he balls out then we are good to go.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I don’t care about that we did an unranked to title. And tore threw country pre conf season. I also don’t complain if we were pre season 1. That’s fine too. But here’s the deal we need to go into Lawrence Kansas in early December and beat them down. I actually like that scenario lower ranked. And then we can talk.
If we win in Lawrence @HuskyHawk has to get a Big East tattoo on his chest.

Reaction Score
We wont be. Likely top 5. At worst top 10.
I understand that. I also know it doesn’t matter at all in reality. But we’re the reigning national champs and our talent on the roster, especially in the starting lineup speaks for itself. I want to see the #1 next to UConn when I tune in to opening night.

Reaction Score
Not a nickname … but “Welcome to Campel Pavilion“ signs will work at select home games.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Nope. Not gonna happen, the tattoo that is. Hoping we (UConn for anyone still unclear) win in Lawrence for sure. Also hoping it becomes an annual game. ;)
Kansas, obviously, would be a (or preferably two) game that I would circle on the calendar every year. Two pedigreed programs battling for conference supremacy would be must see TV.

I would like to see a game at Allen. Not heading out there this year, but if we are in the same conference, I'd definitely would make my way there, eventually.

Reaction Score
As much as I have ignored most of this thread, how about National Campion?

Reaction Score
These are all really bad.

With that said sticking with the geographic inspiration of Joey California

how about a play on Maryland

Cammy Crab Cakes? :D

ok bye now sorry about that

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads