Borges: Moore confused he’s yet to land job | The Boneyard

Borges: Moore confused he’s yet to land job

Reaction Score
Former UConn assistant Ricky Moore confused he’s yet to land job
Now that Kevin Freeman is reportedly taking a job as an assistant coach at Penn State, everyone from Kevin Ollie’s UConn staff last season has landed on his feet.

Everyone, that is, except Ricky Moore. And he’s a bit miffed by it all.

“I’m still confused about how everyone has a job except for me,” Moore said by phone on Thursday morning. “I don’t get it. It’s very strange.”

pj

Reaction Score
Glen Miller took six months to get a job, and dropped to DIII to do it. He was a former head coach and had won championships as an assistant. Ricky needs to work on his sales pitch.

Reaction Score
I always thought Rickey got this job only bc he was on '99 team and friends with KO. Hope he lands on his feet but thrilled for the new highly-qualified guys!!!!

Reaction Score
Ricky Moore looked completely disinterested and bored on the bench. I never saw him contribute to any in-game coaching.

Reaction Score
Now that Kevin Freeman is reportedly taking a job as an assistant coach at Penn State, everyone from Kevin Ollie’s UConn staff last season has landed on his feet.

“I’m still confused about how everyone has a job except for me,” Moore said by phone on Thursday morning. “I don’t get it. It’s very strange.”
Ricky nothing to be confused about it’s perception.
That’s why Kevin made the right choice in taking the Penn State job.
The wisest thing for a career oriented former star player is to take a job at another school
The perception not necessarily the reality is your just another former player with little to contribute who was tossed a bone because of his star status. Unfair but life is unfair
Freeman’s out was he was retained even though the rest of the coaching staff was canned giving him a perception of competence.
Ricky will have to depend on someone in the Calhoun family giving him a chance.,or he might be forced into a lower level job.

pj

Reaction Score
Ricky nothing to be confused about it’s perception.
That’s why Kevin made the right choice in taking the Penn State job.
The wisest thing for a career oriented former star player is to take a job at another school
The perception not necessarily the reality is your just another former player with little to contribute who was tossed a bone because of his star status. Unfair but life is unfair
Freeman’s out was he was retained even though the rest of the coaching staff was canned giving him a perception of competence.
Ricky will have to depend on someone in the Calhoun family giving him a chance.,or he might be forced into a lower level job.

Calhoun and Hurley started with high school coaching. There's nothing wrong with working your way up.

Reaction Score
Glen Miller took six months to get a job, and dropped to DIII to do it. He was a former head coach and had won championships as an assistant. Ricky needs to work on his sales pitch.

..or Glen Miller might have some money and could be extremely selective? Sounds like Ricky needs a headhunter. I hope he gets what he wants

Reaction Score
UGA should look into Ricky next time they need an assistant, Georgia guy with Northeast connections and a championship. Never seemed from the outside he had a huge impact, but he did bring Gilbert from Georgia. Best of luck to him!
Not sure if you read the article, but apparently Jim Calhoun felt the same way. Calhoun reached out to Tom Crean but Crean never called back.

C

Chief00

Given the gag order I will talk in general terms.
There might be a perception out there that a head coach seldom creates NCAA violations by himself. If we were any kind of normal setup last year (which we weren’t) the head coach would have plausible deniability and the assistants would actually commit the violations and the issue for the head coach would be degree of institutional control.
So with the other assistants hired and you assume the other schools vetted them in regards to this investigation via Benedict - Ricky has a bullseye on his back. Fair or unfair. The other factor may be DK and Chill worked at other schools where Ricky had a more limited experience at Dartmouth.
Of course, Kfree getting a job must hurt because he did not have the experience of working elsewhere. I do believe though that Kfree’s situation was more knowing a particular person.

Reaction Score
That's funny. I saw him always engaged, always coaching, never disinterested.

I sat front row in the student section almost every game and I think he spent more time looking in the stands than the game. I wish the guy best of luck as I do with every former player but I don't think he contributed much on the bench.

C

Chief00

What I got out of this article was Tom Crean did not return Jim Calhoun’s call. LOL

Reaction Score
UGA should look into Ricky next time they need an assistant, Georgia guy with Northeast connections and a championship. Never seemed from the outside he had a huge impact, but he did bring Gilbert from Georgia. Best of luck to him!
Anywhere in Georgia makes sense for him for recruiting at least

Reaction Score
The staff failed from top to bottom. He needs a restart at a low level program. Best of luck. He seemed bored, but always a good guy.

Reaction Score
I sat front row in the student section almost every game and I think he spent more time looking in the stands than the game. I wish the guy best of luck as I do with every former player but I don't think he contributed much on the bench.

The picture I have of Ricky is him with a marker board in hand showing a player something. He was the only one who seemed to talk to the players.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
My main memory of Moore on the sidelines under the Ollie administration was him talking into players' ears when they were visibly frustrated or upset over something that was exchanged between them and Ollie before getting benched.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom