Borges: Daniel Hamilton ready to start a new chapter with Huskies | The Boneyard

Borges: Daniel Hamilton ready to start a new chapter with Huskies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://www.nhregister.com/sports/20140913/daniel-hamilton-ready-to-start-a-new-chapter-with-huskies

Mom and dad finally went back to their Los Angeles home on Sept. 2, returning to an empty nest while their youngest son begins life with a whole new set of “brothers.”

“He said, ‘Mom, I’ve been on different teams — travel ball, etc. — and I’ve never been on a team like this,” Karen said. “It really is a brotherhood. There are really no gray lines. This is really a fraternity and a brotherhood. It’s pretty amazing.”

Said Daniel Hamilton: “We all love each other, we’ve got love for each other. I think that’s the main thing. And it’s going to translate on to the court.”

Reaction Score
Yeah, this kid is special. After reading the article you can understand why he didn't need to sign a LOI.

Reaction Score
".... a seventh-grader at the time, was heavily swayed by the recruiting trip. It’s something his parents and siblings didn’t even know about until reading a recent newspaper article after he committed to UConn."

Anyone have a link to the article referred to above?

Great work by Borges.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
God articles like this make me so proud to be a uconn fan. This is something teams like kentucky will never be able to duplicate. And they wonder how we've owned them in tournament games this decade.

Reaction Score
For those that aren't there yet the best thing to happen in that article is an 'empty nest'!

Reaction Score
wow, I think that's such a tribute to KO and JC, every recruit should read that.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
For some reason the Sunday New Haven Register has been delivered to my house for the past few weeks; I do not have a subscription. Anyhow, I just read this article in it and came here to make sure it was posted.

What a great read.

And one day I would love to hear whether any of those who came into contact with Daniel during his brother's recruiting trip knew they were recruiting Daniel at the time...

Great work by Borges. I'd suggest starting a "Best UConn Reporter" thread, but I expect it would be a pretty boring one because there is really only one correct answer.

Reaction Score
Daniel Hamilton cannot choose a better coach and school. Here is wishing DH a fantastic , successful and happy career at UConn. Great story.

Reaction Score
For some reason the Sunday New Haven Register has been delivered to my house for the past few weeks; I do not have a subscription. Anyhow, I just read this article in it and came here to make sure it was posted.

What a great read.

And one day I would love to hear whether any of those who came into contact with Daniel during his brother's recruiting trip knew they were recruiting Daniel at the time...

Great work by Borges. I'd suggest starting a "Best UConn Reporter" thread, but I expect it would be a pretty boring one because there is really only one correct answer.

Donnie Love?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger