Borges article: Cronin will be missed | The Boneyard

Borges article: Cronin will be missed

Status
Not open for further replies.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
http://www.nhregister.com/sports/20150109/mick-cronin-will-be-missed-as-uconn-hosts-cincinnati

God, I hate seeing Cronin act like a child on the sidelines, but you gotta wish him nothing but the best with his health issues.

This is an awesome gem from the article that I am just seeing now:

A couple of weeks later, after Shabazz Napier had beaten out Cincy’s Sean Kilpatrick for AAC player of the year honors, Cronin wasn’t pleased. While accepting the league’s coach of the year award (a beautiful Gibson guitar) Cronin said Kilpatrick was “my player of the year” and never congratulated (or even mentioned) Napier. After the presentation was over, Cronin was heard by Connecticut Post writer Bill Paxton telling Kilpatrick and Justin Jackson that “heroes are made in March, boys. This is all (B.S.),” while walking out of the building.
So... what did he say to his guys after UConn hoisted the national championship and Shabazz was NCAA tournament Most Outstanding Player?... oof.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Always had a soft spot for him regardless. Something about ornery Irish-American coaches who don't give a f@hck what they say to the media.

Reaction Score
He is a mini bob knight. . Hope him the best since cincy is our aac bullshiit rival

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Knowing how my blood pressure rises during game time as a fan I cannot imagine what it must be like for him to sit at home and watch it on TV. I guess he only worries about his wife or the family dog giving out technicals. At least he doesn't have to go nose to nose with Teddy!

Reaction Score
Reminded me of Rollie. I thought Cronin was entertaining in a funny way but would not want to coach for us

Reaction Score
No matter how I feel about Cronan, I wish him the best, health wise .

Reaction Score
Cronin is the kind of coach that you hate to see on the sidelines and one that you miss when you don't see him on the sidelines.

Saturday will be one of those days were I will miss seeing that ornery fart.

Reaction Score
Have always liked Mick Cronin, the game needs people like him.

Reaction Score
Yup Mick, heroes are made in March. You're right. Unfortunately for you the right guy ended up being a hero in March.

That story is too funny.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Firstly, I wish him all the best in his recovery.
I never cared for his antics on the sideline because to me it just didn't seem real or natural
Some guys like JC, Bobby Knight, Tibs of the Bulls - the rant and rave, to me, was/is part of their persona.
But with Cronin it always looked like he had to do it to prove his macho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom