Borges 2021 Recruiting Article | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Borges 2021 Recruiting Article

Reaction Score
Sanogo wants to develop into a 4. At his size, with NBA aspirations, he probably needs to. That means he’d be able to play alongside Clingan - although that’s a lot of beef in the paint at once.

Where does Akok fit into that equation? He might be the highest upside player on the roster.

Reaction Score
Reclass to 2021?

This is what I was thinking as well. Would jive with the fact that we haven't been hearing Mac's name much recently. I'm sort of indifferent as to whether he comes in '21 or '22...but maybe we have a better chance with him in '21 before the big boys really come calling.

Reaction Score
This is what I was thinking as well. Would jive with the fact that we haven't been hearing Mac's name much recently. I'm sort of indifferent as to whether he comes in '21 or '22...but maybe we have a better chance with him in '21 before the big boys really come calling.
Strategy could be to get him on campus..Red shirt him..Build up his body and have him practice vs our Bigs(like DH did with Richie S).. AS/RS/Javonte Brown Ferguson should all be pretty strong for 2021 season.. Akok still around then??

Reaction Score

I think one of the last big published articles (ESPN MAYBE?) His father talked about being torn between keeping him in public school or going private. Wouldn’t be surprised if the announcement is a change in schools either.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
So this is ok but when I joked about SOMEONE ELSE asking for copy and paste I got flamed and all my posts deleted? How’s that work @temery

The post you are talking about:

"and mine got deleted too before you memorialized it for me... thank you!!!!"

Cut and paste requests and posts will always be deleted, if a mod sees it, and will replies.

Reaction Score
The post you are talking about:

"and mine got deleted too before you memorialized it for me... thank you!!!!"

Cut and paste requests and posts will always be deleted, if a mod sees it, and will replies.
That was the aftermath. I just joked to watch out for the cut and paste police. So circumventing it via the link provided is ok? Just making sure I understand here.

Reaction Score
Reclass to 2021?
How? It's not like he's been held back a year already like kids who may transfer to a prep school. How do you just make up a year of high school in your junior and senior year? I wouldn't even think BCHS would let him do that.

I think the news might be related to where he's going to high school next year, as posters have said here.

Reaction Score
Just a comment on recruiting in general, the Sanogo thing really flipped a switch in my psyche. I'm going to say that for a while my default feeling on getting the recruits we wanted has been moderately pessimistic. I now find myself far more sanguine about our ability to get the guys we seriously target. I'm not saying we're going to land all of our "Plan A" guys but rather than being merely hopeful, I'm having to hold back from becoming expectant that Hurley et al can get their guys.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
That was the aftermath. I just joked to watch out for the cut and paste police. So circumventing it via the link provided is ok? Just making sure I understand here.
I assume from a forum mod's perspective, someone posting a link to a publicly available 3rd party website is pretty different than someone copying copyrighted material and posting it in the forum.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I assume from a forum mod's perspective, someone posting a link to a publicly available 3rd party website is pretty different than someone copying copyrighted material and posting it in the forum.
That’s why I’m asking genius. Last time everyone was on their soapbox about paying for a subscription to get the article and this obviously circumvents that.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
How? It's not like he's been held back a year already like kids who may transfer to a prep school. How do you just make up a year of high school in your junior and senior year? I wouldn't even think BCHS would let him do that.

I think the news might be related to where he's going to high school next year, as posters have said here.

Yeah I actually didn't think he could, but didn't know, hence the question mark.

It's not like funky reclassifications don't happen often, so I didn't know enough details about what courses he's taken or what he would need to fulfill to reclassify. I would guess "big news" would be that, a change of schools, or some sort of top __ list. So that's why I asked.

Reaction Score
Yeah I actually didn't think he could, but didn't know, hence the question mark.

It's not like funky reclassifications don't happen often, so I didn't know enough details about what courses he's taken or what he would need to fulfill to reclassify. I would guess "big news" would be that, a change of schools, or some sort of top __ list. So that's why I asked.
The thread was a 5 pages of debating the merits of him attending a prep school so my guess is that's the announcement. But this was all before the world ending so who knows now

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
The thread was a 5 pages of debating the merits of him attending a prep school so my guess is that's the announcement. But this was all before the world ending so who knows now

That's been big speculation all along ... your statement about "news" didn't reference any thread, so I just heard you say "supposedly there's big news" and I asked the question ... him transferring to a prep school would seem more like obvious news than big news, so again, it was just a question of possibility.

I personally don't know what classes the man takes or has taken.

Reaction Score
That's been big speculation all along ... your statement about "news" didn't reference any thread, so I just heard you say "supposedly there's big news" and I asked the question ... him transferring to a prep school would seem more like obvious news than big news, so again, it was just a question of possibility.

I personally don't know what classes the man takes or has taken.
Yeah was in reference to this thread/post

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
That’s why I’m asking genius. Last time everyone was on their soapbox about paying for a subscription to get the article and this obviously circumvents that.
Yikes., pardon me. If you already figured out what I suggested, why'd you have to ask the question?

Reaction Score

Have a friend down here in FL, her daughter was in her junior year of high school, was an early acceptance at FSU, took more classes somehow and graduated this month - but then again this is Florida.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Have a friend down here in FL, her daughter was in her junior year of high school, was an early acceptance at FSU, took more classes somehow and graduated this month - but then again this is Florida.

Yeah I didn't think it was likely but it also isn't close to unheard of. Especially when we don't know what type of classes he's been taking all along. I know kids that do dual-enrollment at jucos that have their full associate's degrees by the time they graduate, and they start taking college courses in sophomore year of HS.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom