Bored - Joey C Georgetown | The Boneyard

Bored - Joey C Georgetown

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
0:30 to 0:41 was his best sequence of the season.
Until the play at 1:30.

I think Clingan will miss JoeyC a lot. They really seemed to connect on a lot of no look stuff, all season long.

Reaction Score
IMG_1134.gif

Reaction Score
That was genuinely one of the most enjoyable things I’ve whitenesses at a live sporting event. I distinctly remember that turn around shot in the corner looked wayyyy more impressive live than on tv, with the way his body was falling away from the basket. Special kid

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The Velcro hand play was stunning and ingenious.
Yep, although I think the behind the back bounce pass thing Clingan it's probably my favorite.

(Oh, and for all those who think a solid midrange game is valueless in college basketball, you might want to spend a minute or two watching this video.)

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I don’t remember Antric Klaiber coming off the bench and doing that for the “better” 1999 team

Reaction Score
The board didn’t believe me when I said that guy was instant offense like a only a few we’ve had before
Against Buffalo we were lethargic trading an occasional basket. I was getting antsy .as the score was stuck on 12-12 14-14 .
He came in and in less than two minute it was a 12-14 point lead and pretty much game over.
The ghosts of John Gwynn or Rash Anderson was what I was thinking that night.
But that Georgetown sequence was special as we were getting outplayed and on the brink of a huge upset to the worst team in the Big East , when that stretch completely turned the game on its head . He may not have been the great fire but sometimes a fire only needs a spark to ignite. He was that spark .

JakeTheDog

Makin’ bacon pancakes
Reaction Score

What an absolute heat check - don’t remember a slew of sick plays coming in such a short time from a bench guy ever

So good. Aside from the Natty, this sequence brought me the most joy last season. You could feel the validation and fulfillment of all Joey dreamed about when he committed. Kid showed out and I can’t thank him and the team enough. I love UConn basketball. On the .00000000001% chance you ever read this, thanks Joe!

Reaction Score

Without question my favorite bucket from the title game.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
That was genuinely one of the most enjoyable things I’ve whitenesses at a live sporting event. I distinctly remember that turn around shot in the corner looked wayyyy more impressive live than on tv, with the way his body was falling away from the basket. Special kid

Nice Freudian slip!

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I really liked Joeys game right from the jump. I was surprised he was such a throwaway transfer after watching him play, but clearly the staff knew what he could provide. That kid brings energy and instant offense and just knows how to hoop.

Kromah has been on my short list of underrated and improbable Husky Heroes, but Joey at least got to his level this year. When those guys were in, they had me just as confident or MORE than some starters.

Joey C is forever a legend in my house.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
What a fun game. Gampel got loud that night. A fun win. That was the week of Christmas and we were calling him Joey Christmas all week.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
The pass to Cling was fun. The tip in was sick. But that 3 pointer from the wing brought the house down.
Has any transfer ever been happier about where they landed and how it played out?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom