Boozers

Reaction Score
Was there ever any doubt about this?

puke GIF
There was, Miami was the reported leader for most of the recruitment

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
It is like an old record that skips, every year when we get to this point and Dook thrashes us in the recruiting wars. Dook is usually joined by Kentucky and a hand full of schools that come and go right now Arkansas is hot, shoot even Rutgers is stacking five stars this year.

But some of us act like this is a new phenomenon.

This is who we are.

I mean it’s not like we are Judge Smails grandson you’ll get nothing and like it.

1728671125196.gif

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
One thing you’ve hear over and over with the Boozers is that they are tough winning players. They do the small things and love hoops. Would have been great fits for Uconn, but too many things in the way there to make it a possibility.
Anytime we (UConn) think we need more Boozers we can throw a $2 beer night. Problem solved.

Reaction Score
It is like an old record that skips, every year when we get to this point and Dook thrashes us in the recruiting wars. Dook is usually joined by Kentucky and a hand full of schools that come and go right now Arkansas is hot, shoot even Rutgers is stacking five stars this year.
I don't get this post, especially now. We weren't even recruiting the Boozer twins seriously and we're well positioned to get an amazing recruiting class this year.

Reaction Score
I don't get this post, especially now. We weren't even recruiting the Boozer twins seriously and we're well positioned to get an amazing recruiting class this year.
Actually, I don’t think we were recruiting them AT ALL lol

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Apologies it was all sarcasm….more about where the thread was going. I don’t get caught up in who we are or are not recruiting. I just read through the recruiting threads and the theme of this one seemed to be going down the road of we never get the best players.

The only part of the thread which was not sarcasm was, we are who we are. Which meant we usually never out recruit brand schools in the 5* area. But that does not seem to matter. We do it the Hurley way which is who we are.

I prefer Hurley’s approach, and there was a good point made in this thread. By next March will JStew or Ball after two years in the same system be better players than most of the 5* recruits coming in this year.

I think they will. Sure there will be a few 5* that will shine in March but my guess is Ball and Stewart will be as good or better players than most of the incoming 5*’s either right now or certainly by tournament time.

It could have been written better looking at it now. I have no issues with what or how recruiting is going this year.

Reaction Score
Actually, I don’t think we were recruiting them AT ALL lol
There was some interest from Cayden back in June but it didn't seem to get very far. Hurley probably didn't want to be hoodwinked by another life long Duke fan.

Reaction Score
It was a brutal dance of sweat and desperation, UConn and Purdue clawing at each other like drunks in a last-call brawl. The ball bounced wild and wicked, the crowd's roar a beast with a thousand throats. UConn came in with swagger, champions from another time, but Purdue wanted it like a man wants his next drink, teeth bared and fists clenched. The clock mocked them all, seconds ticking down like the last gasps of a dying dog. In the end, it was UConn in the winner’s circle, and Purdue was left to drown their sorrows somewhere far from glory’s spotlight.
B-minus. Reads more like Mailer than Buk.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
It was a brutal dance of sweat and desperation, UConn and Purdue clawing at each other like drunks in a last-call brawl. The ball bounced wild and wicked, the crowd's roar a beast with a thousand throats. UConn came in with swagger, champions from another time, but Purdue wanted it like a man wants his next drink, teeth bared and fists clenched. The clock mocked them all, seconds ticking down like the last gasps of a dying dog. In the end, it was UConn in the winner’s circle, and Purdue was left to drown their sorrows somewhere far from glory’s spotlight.

Mr. Peterman?

JCSuperstar

Garbage Time All Star
Reaction Score
B-minus. Reads more like Mailer than Buk.
Yeah, what originally came out of ChatGPT was even worse, I was counting on the formatting to do some heavy lifting. Needed more about “long athletic legs” and at least one mention of a beer crap.

Last edited:

JCSuperstar

Garbage Time All Star
Reaction Score
Mr. Peterman?
The “drunk drinking’ in the post I quoted is American underground writer/poet (and famous drunk) Charles Bukowski. I didn’t expect to find him on the Yard yesterday morning!

Reaction Score
First of all I don't care what Duke does. They can have a roster loaded with 5 star players but to me it matters most with who is on the sidelines. UConn has the best coaching staff with Coach Hurley, Murray, Young and Moore.

Reaction Score
Here’s how I look at it. Sports is entertainment. Great entertainment often has villains and heroes. Duke plays a GREAT villain, which makes sports that much more entertaining. We get to watch that bandwagon fanbase build itself up with over confidence to then hopefully lose in disappointing fashion to watch the ensuing meltdown. That is fun.

Reading Rupps Rafters go through a meltdown after a loss is pure comedic entertainment.

I used to despise the Yankees and loved watching them lose. But when they did I realized it just wasn’t as entertaining. Now that they don’t have George, don’t have old Yankee stadium, have players with less personality/swag, don’t win the WS anymore, not nearly as fun to route against.

Be grateful for Duke, they play an important role in this thing we call sports entertainment.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom