Booing Ollie for missing out on free chicken wings | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Booing Ollie for missing out on free chicken wings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'm no BWW fan, but we went after the Coppin game and it was totally enjoyable freebie. Was looking forward to another chance to support a UConn sponsor. But I knew it was doomed when one of our guys hit the rim with a shot on the way up.

Reaction Score
[QUOTE="CTBasketball, post: 1177455, member: 2809"J. Tim's has gonape downhill recently in my opinion. I probably would have cheered for Anna Liffey's or Archie Moore's (New Haven). Probably even Sliders.[/QUOTE]

Even if they have dropped a notch, they're still miles ahead of 99% of the places that serve them,...besides J. Tim's now has several small local brews on tap and not just your standard Hooker & Back East.

Reaction Score
If Bazz was there he would have held high a protest sign and have been the number one booing cheerleader.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I'm no BWW fan, but we went after the Coppin game and it was totally enjoyable freebie. Was looking forward to another chance to support a UConn sponsor. But I knew it was doomed when one of our guys hit the rim with a shot on the way up.

When it's free food from a sponsor you get your fill, buy a drink and move on. At the end of the day if you make it out of there without food poisoning it's a success.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I don't mind the occasional minor food poisoning these days. Helps keep you regular.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Even if they have dropped a notch, they're still miles ahead of 99% of the places that serve them,...besides J. Tim's now has several small local brews on tap and not just your standard Hooker & Back East.
:eek: Be careful...:)
Haven't been there in two years - last two times I went I got food poisoning and UConn lost to Marquette on that bullsh!t possession call in overtime. It had to have been the wings for such misfortune.

Reaction Score
I enjoyd the wings after Coppin State and was looking forward to some today. I chanted we want wings, but did not boo. I'm sure most if not all who booed were doing so in jest. What would have been great would have been if Howie, if he was aware of the promo, gove KO a signal to let them shoot. The place would have gone nuts.

Reaction Score
I was at the game. We werent booing Ollie. It was more funny than anything else everyone around me was laughing we just wanted some free wings lol.

Reaction Score
J. Tim's has gone downhill recently in my opinion. I probably would have cheered for Anna Liffey's or Archie Moore's (New Haven). Probably even Sliders.
Your nuts..wings the same and good as ever...

Reaction Score
just confirms what we have all known, but have been too afraid to say. Kevin "Hollywood" Ollie is too out of touch with the common fan.

the free chicken wings (or lack thereof) are a symbol that we must unite around.
GLORIOUS_CHIKIN_REVOLUTION_by_sauch.jpg

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Courant strongly hinting that this may be an issue at KO's weekly radio show. Broadcast from....BWW.

Wouldn't surprise me if KO didn't buy the house a round of wings for those in attendance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom