Boo Williams Players to Watch | The Boneyard

Boo Williams Players to Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
BlueStarMedia -Link

Video Highlights - Link Click the various links that are on the page to access the videos.

Sierra mentioned. Don't know how many times I've confused Gabby Williams with Gabby Green. Gabby Williams is the one heading to UConn.

It looks like Texas is rebuilding and might be a force in a year or two.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Also mentioned in the Bluestar article is Dekeyia Cohen:

The Georgia Metros are one of those programs that develop players over the years and continually cycle them through their always talented rosters. Playing alongside accomplished players like Allisha Gray and Amber Campbell last summer Dekeyia Cohen still found a way to be a key component in the Metros success. Campbell returns again this year but it’s really hard not to notice the consistent performance of the 6-1 Cohen. It’s not just every possession she seems to be playing like the game’s last minute…it’s almost every pass. She’s there on the break, off the cut, crashing the boards, or creating off the dribble. Her anticipation helps her contain penetration, get tips and touches as well as rotate quickly and effectively. If you’re looking for a consistency of high effort combined with impressive size and athleticism in the 2014 class, this is your girl. The Charleston, South Carolina resident is looking to slash through defenders at every opportunity but provided some reliable midrange work with a high elevation pull up. Her assertive defensive effort produces results both on the ball and in helpside situations. There’s still a need for more depth to her offensive arsenal and some additional willingness to mix things up physically, but if effort has anything to do with it, it should be no problem.

She's the SC kid who really wants to go to UConn. She was discussed on this board back in January: http://www.the-boneyard.com/threads...hoping-uconn-comes-calling.10475/#post-125633

I wonder if Geno and staff watched her play at Boo.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score

The Georgia Metros are one of those programs that develop players over the years and continually cycle them through their always talented rosters. Playing alongside accomplished players like Allisha Gray and Amber Campbell last summer Dekeyia Cohen still found a way to be a key component in the Metros success. Campbell returns again this year but it’s really hard not to notice the consistent performance of the 6-1 Cohen. It’s not just every possession she seems to be playing like the game’s last minute…it’s almost every pass. She’s there on the break, off the cut, crashing the boards, or creating off the dribble. Her anticipation helps her contain penetration, get tips and touches as well as rotate quickly and effectively. If you’re looking for a consistency of high effort combined with impressive size and athleticism in the 2014 class, this is your girl. The Charleston, South Carolina resident is looking to slash through defenders at every opportunity but provided some reliable midrange work with a high elevation pull up. Her assertive defensive effort produces results both on the ball and in helpside situations. There’s still a need for more depth to her offensive arsenal and some additional willingness to mix things up physically, but if effort has anything to do with it, it should be no problem.

She's the SC kid who really wants to go to UConn. She was discussed on this board back in January: http://www.the-boneyard.com/threads...hoping-uconn-comes-calling.10475/#post-125633

Can't have too many Cohens. Go get her GA.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Can't have too many Cohens. Go get her GA.
Geez, if we get her and a few more, and Geno decides not to play man-to-man defense, then we'll really have ... well, you guys can figure this out. :)

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Geez, if we get her and a few more, and Geno decides not to play man-to-man defense, then we'll really have ... well, you guys can figure this out. :)

The original UConn Cohen Zone - I'll take that pastrami on rye now....! :p

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Hmm. She sounds like a possible alternative to Sierra Calhoun.

Any kid who goes to the Maya Moore camp demonstrates good judgment.

Let's get 2 recruits from South Carolina. :)

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score

I only have sons, but I do have 3 granddaughters. Unfortunately, they are quite a few years away from eligibility, although I have seen a few D1 coaches hanging around the pre-school gym.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I only have sons, but I do have 3 granddaughters. Unfortunately, they are quite a few years away from eligibility, although I have seen a few D1 coaches hanging around the pre-school gym.
But those Cohen brothers are great film makers.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
But those Cohen brothers are great film makers.
My youngest is one of the three Cohen brothers of Rocky Hill and South Windsor. He's a pretty successful TV producer. Has a few shows running now on H2 and the Weather Channel. Those other Cohen brothers , who conspicuously dropped the "h" from their name, obviously to escape my son's enormous shadow, are forever trying to steal his ideas. Scoundrels.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Hmm. She sounds like a possible alternative to Sierra Calhoun.

Any kid who goes to the Maya Moore camp demonstrates good judgment.

Let's get 2 recruits from South Carolina. :)

Any idea whats going on with her recruitment?? I would have thought she would have committed by now.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
My youngest is one of the three Cohen brothers of Rocky Hill and South Windsor. He's a pretty successful TV producer. Has a few shows running now on H2 and the Weather Channel. Those other Cohen brothers , who conspicuously dropped the "h" from their name, obviously to escape my son's enormous shadow, are forever trying to steal his ideas. Scoundrels.
That H was dropped to avoid embarrassing their parents.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
That H was dropped to avoid embarrassing their parents.
I can say with a straight face (look hard into your monitor) that my son has never produced a show that embarrasses me. In other words, he's rejected all of my suggestions.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

Right now (last I looked) she is not listed in the top 60 of Hoopgurlz, or top 100 of Bluestar. That could change of course. Don't think that's gonna put her on UCONN's radar, unfortunately.

Especially with Wilson, Calhoun, Westbeld, Gussert, Rooks and possibly Drummer being looked at. But who knows?

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I can say with a straight face (look hard into your monitor) that my son has never produced a show that embarrasses me. In other words, he's rejected all of my suggestions.
So you admittedly will not even recognize the other two as your children. :oops:

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
So you admittedly will not even recognize the other two as your children. :oops:

I liked Fargo. They were my sons on that one. The others, it depends which brother you're talking about. But can you blame me? They never call or write. despite my having to cover for their lousy credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom