Boo Alabama! | The Boneyard

Boo Alabama!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
I was told, never confirmed, that Alabama stalled in processing the release of Kaneisha Horn. Ms. Horn, graduated in 3 years from Alabama, in the summer of 2013. She transferred as a grad student to USC-west coast and still had 2 years of eligibility left. Because of the delay in processing her official release she couldnt play in the first two games last season. USC won those games anyway, but the point is she graduated and didnt want to use her remaining eligibility at Roll Tide.

Sign the release and let the girl leave.

Reaction Score
This is something like the Leticia Romero case at Kansas State last May, although her reasons for needing to leave were different. The sports media and fans need to get on this as they did then. It worked in Leticia's case.

Reaction Score
What a crock. She graduated for heaven's sake. What does Alabama gain by doing this? Did they learn nothing from the Kansas State debacle? Apparently not. *SMH*

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
This really is ridiculous that the NCAA allows a school to have any say after a student completes her degree.
The Romero situation was significantly different on a number of fronts - unpleasant but not without an at least partially understandable school position.

Reaction Score
Bill Battle is the AD at Alabama. Haven't found a twitter account for him.
Douglas Walker is the Sports Information Director. His twitter is @UAsiddoug
Athletic Department is @ua_athletics.

Lets start a campaign to help Daisha

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com...l-will-allow-womens-player-transfer/16471973/

http://www.bamarecord.com/2014/10/02/alabamas-treatment-of-former-player-daisha-simmons-is-shameful/

Phone number for UA Women's basketball office is listed at the end of the article.

"Kristy Curry, Bill Battle and everyone at Alabama that made this decision should be ashamed of themselves. Petulance is a stinky cologne.

If you’d like to let them know that this upsets you, you can. The phone number for the women’s basketball office is 205-348-7077."

Reaction Score
The NCAA slammed UConn/Geno for merely congratulating 8th grader Mo'ne Davis. Accordingly, the hypocritical and shameful NCAA must -BUT WILL NOT- condemn Alabama in the harshest terms for what they are doing to Daisha Simmons. I taught at the prep school Daisha attended. I know her. She is a wonderful young lady who opted to travel more than 3 hours every day via mass transit from Jersey City to attend private school half way across the state, where she could have academic (yes, and basketball) opportunities she might otherwise only dream of. She had to work incredibly hard in the classroom (because JC and almost every other inner city NJ school is profoundly deficient in educating the children of those less privileged) and on the court. She has been hugely successful, graduating from a major university and wants to pursue a graduate degree - an unbelievable and praiseworthy accomplishment in the face of all the adversity Daisha has faced in life (and precious few of us have encountered).
Daisha is attending Seton Hall, doing graduate studies, and the miscreants at Alabama are interfering in Daisha's life. They are pissed off because her departure leaves Alabama without a point guard replacement. Well that's too damn bad. A Daisha, free to do what Daisha wants with her life, is far more important. Daisha has achieved so very much, making the most of a truly difficult and challenging time growing up. I am proud of all she has accomplished, and Alabama should be, too. In the end, neither Alabama nor the NCAA will succeed in holding down Daisha Simmons. She is a fighter, and she will ultimately prevail.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
is there a #hashtag to follow on Twitter?

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
IMHO Bama is using the strategy say nothing and this story will go away. Probably correct. :(

Reaction Score
Why would a school want to keep a player who doesnt want to be there?
Spiteful A55holes!! My official favorite team list now includes anyone playing any Alabama team. And how sweet it was to see Ole Miss beat Alabama this weekend. I guess this gives their A.D. bigger fish to fry. :):):)

Last edited:

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
As the daughter of a Bama alum, I am saddened that the Tide would stoop so low.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom