OT - Boneyarders I'd Like To Meet and Why | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT - Boneyarders I'd Like To Meet and Why

Reaction Score
I will be flying back to Connecticut to visit my family (my dad and step mom are UCONN grads and season ticket holders) and we attend the conference tourney's together. In the past, I've foregone the American tourney for the regionals in Bridigeport, but this year, no regionals.

Those games are a GREAT time to meet fellow BY'ers. Usually someone will post a meeting place before the UCONN game - it's usually at one of the enterances. @MilfordHusky and I will be sitting together and will have our UCONN garb on so you can't miss us LOL.

It's funny - in the past we have talked about getting BY tshirts with the boneyard on the front and our screen names on the back, but it never materialized. I wonder if @Biff could find an old BY pic and put our names in? I have no idea how to edit photos but there are numerous people on here much smarter than I at that stuff...

It is always fun to put names with faces. Most people I meet look different than I expected. Not good or bad - just different.

As for visitors, I've meet @CamrnCrz1974 numerous times. I'd love to say something snarky, but he's just a really good guy, even if he is a Dookie...

Next season I plan on going to San Diego to see Ice Brady play. I know there are several west coasters out here and will hopefully hook up with them. @Golden Husky, Um, @ochoopsfan, and @CT2SanDiego are 3 I can think of off the top of my head. Are there more out here???!!!

Um, Hello

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
'Bama...I think you mixed me up with mbr33ct....I'm msf22b
Interesting how may New Yorkers made the cut...although not on the list...I'm a Bronx boy who moved to the "Village" and never left.
From way down here in Alabama, all you Yankees look alike, or something! Sorry for my confusion Maestro. ;)
Nah, it's gotta be the name. I have to wear the more expensive cologne now. I used to wear some cheap stuff, but when I met/dated my 2nd wife said "that's the same stuff my dad wears, this ain't gonna work". And so it goes.
:eek:@meyers7 you must be one of the lucky ones. I saw an article in Salon wherein the guy writes that his wfe thinks it would be fun to have a threesome with her brother. The guy should have had a clue because the wife likes the husband to dress up like her father and wear daddy's cologne. So you got it easy pal.:eek:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
From way down here in Alabama, all you Yankees look alike, or something! Sorry for my confusion Maestro. ;)

:eek:@meyers7 you must be one of the lucky ones. I saw an article in Salon wherein the guy writes that his wfe thinks it would be fun to have a threesome with her brother. The guy should have had a clue because the wife likes the husband to dress up like her father and wear daddy's cologne. So you got it easy pal.:eek:
I gave you a like, but how the hell do I unsee all you've written?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Here in St. Louis all we have is the Billiken message board which is 99.9% about the men. Interest in women's college basketball is very low. I don't know if there are any UConn fans in St. Louis unless Sluconn Husky is from here. I have met only two from the Billiken board, one of which was a former moderator. In reading some of the post on the BY, I sometime wonder how it would be talking to the poster in person. So, here is a list of posters I'd like to meet.
THE MODS WHO CONTROL THE BOARD WITH A FIRM HAND- Husky Nan, Biff, JS
THOSE WHOSE POST I USUALLY LIKE - oldude, Carnac, Charliebball, EricLA, JordyG, TheFarmFan, mudcat
THOSE WHO SEEM TO KNOW WHAT IS HAPPENING WITH RECRUITING - Sluconn Husky, (who answered a question I asked him) UConn Cat, (even though she ignored a question I asked her, the same one I aske Sluconn), CocoHusky
THOSE WHO SUPPLY US WITH A SCHEDULE OF UPCOMING GAMES - Shades, Plebe
MY DOO WOP BUDDIES - Bama fan, Jingo
THOSE WHO I THINK ARE CLOSE TO MY AGE - veryolddog, Kaizen
VISITORS FROM OTHER TEAMS - nwhoopfan, Conway Gmck, Gamecockfan 77, Secbbfan24, cockhrnleghrn, triaddukefan
There may be more but that is enough. Just expressing a desire that is Boneyard related.

Thank you Donald. I too am honored.

:)

Bama fan

Reaction Score
I gave you a like, but how the hell do I unsee all you've said.
You have to just look at the world in a different way! And appreciate a bit of sarcasm when it hits you JordyG. ;) BTW , was it the cologne or the Yankess thing that was offputting?

Last edited:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
You have to just look at the world in a different way! And appreciate a bit of sarcasm when it hits you JordyG. ;)
Except I ain't Husky fanatic. What's up with the header y'all?

Bama fan

Reaction Score
Except I ain't Husky fanatic. What's up with the header y'all?
It is strange , but endemic to this particular thread lately

Carnac

Reaction Score
Yes , I saw that too after I posted. Stands to reason that a guy who refers to himself as veryolddog might be very old, but 77 is not really old!

It depends on ones point of view. To a teenager, he’s a fossil. To someone in their 90’s, he’s a youngster with Similac on his breath. That said, I agree with you he’s not old. A lot of us may not be on his street, but we’re in the neighborhood. ;)

Reaction Score
I'm almost 74 and felt old until reading this fun post. It certainly was fun to get a insight to many posters here. I'm actually a fan of Syracuse men's basketball and football but NOT women's basketball where it is all UConn. I go to watch Syracuse men's games but NEVER women's because of what they did to Briana. Very low class. The only UConn game I've seen live was the Vanderbilt game last year. Hope to catch them during the conference championships this year as my daughter lives basically in Cape Cod.

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
I will be flying back to Connecticut to visit my family (my dad and step mom are UCONN grads and season ticket holders) and we attend the conference tourney's together. In the past, I've foregone the American tourney for the regionals in Bridigeport, but this year, no regionals.

Those games are a GREAT time to meet fellow BY'ers. Usually someone will post a meeting place before the UCONN game - it's usually at one of the enterances. @MilfordHusky and I will be sitting together and will have our UCONN garb on so you can't miss us LOL.

It's funny - in the past we have talked about getting BY tshirts with the boneyard on the front and our screen names on the back, but it never materialized. I wonder if @Biff could find an old BY pic and put our names in? I have no idea how to edit photos but there are numerous people on here much smarter than I at that stuff...

It is always fun to put names with faces. Most people I meet look different than I expected. Not good or bad - just different.

As for visitors, I've meet @CamrnCrz1974 numerous times. I'd love to say something snarky, but he's just a really good guy, even if he is a Dookie...

Next season I plan on going to San Diego to see Ice Brady play. I know there are several west coasters out here and will hopefully hook up with them. @Golden Husky, @ochoopsfan, and @CT2SanDiego are 3 I can think of off the top of my head. Are there more out here???!!!
Yes, I hope you will drag me to the Ice Capades, Eric. I never have witnessed a woman's basketball game in person--a Boneyard distinction, I'm guessing--which I hope to end.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Ok, the thing that really jumps out here is,........ you were reading Salon?????? :eek:

Bama fan

Reaction Score
Ok, the thing that really jumps out here is,........ you were reading Salon?????? :eek:
I read nearly everything I can get my eyes on.

Carnac

Reaction Score
I'm almost 74 and felt old until reading this fun post. It certainly was fun to get a insight to many posters here. I'm actually a fan of Syracuse men's basketball and football but NOT women's basketball where it is all UConn. I go to watch Syracuse men's games but NEVER women's because of what they did to Briana. Very low class. The only UConn game I've seen live was the Vanderbilt game last year. Hope to catch them during the conference championships this year as my daughter lives basically in Cape Cod.

I’ll bet there is a lot of good high school basketball teams in your area. I saw Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis as a senior when her high school came to our local school for a regional post season playoff game. The gym was packed with fans and supporters from both schools. She had already committed to UConn. She was by far the best player on the floor. It’s easy to get hooked on girls HS basketball as well as wcbb.

Reaction Score
Hey Tony, I remember you from the ESPN chat rooms years ago. It sounds like you need to post more often.
It's nice to be remembered but that must have been someone else that deserves the credit. I've only posted here and one other WBB site. Thanks.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I’ll bet there is a lot of good high school basketball teams in your area. I saw Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis as a senior when her high school came to our local school for a regional post season playoff game. The gym was packed with fans and supporters from both schools. She had already committed to UConn. She was by far the best player on the floor. It’s easy to get hooked on girls HS basketball as well as wcbb.
I love high school girls basketball. I saw KML's high school championship game on television her senior year. After the game in her interview, she told the interviewer she would be playing for UConn. I had never heard of her, but at that time I was not following the nationally ranked girls.

Reaction Score
I'd love to meet Veryolddog at Tun's Tavern to swap tall tales and Bamafan to discuss which is best, Hog & Bones, Sonny's Barbque or Primati's stuffed sausage sandwiches.

Bama fan

Reaction Score
Stuff like that don't blind you? :D :cool::cool::cool:
Hell no. There is some really lousy stuff out there, but Salon is innocuous. They largely reprint stuff from other sources. Often not good, but never plain terrible. Just have to learn to agree to disagree with most online media anymore!

Reaction Score
You can be on the dark side with me. :cool: Nobody wants or likes to meet me. When I do meet BY people in real life, after I introduce myself as meyers7, they usually take 3 steps back with a look of horror on their face. C'est la vie.
I find this hard to believe. 99% of the time I "like" your comments. Same with OldDude. Please don't think I'm stalking you two. :D

Bama fan

Reaction Score
I'd love to meet Veryolddog at Tun's Tavern to swap tall tales and Bamafan to discuss which is best, Hog & Bones, Sonny's Barbque or Primati's stuffed sausage sandwiches.
Hey @Steelerone , I cannot help you with Sonny's or Hog and Bones. None around here. And I have not been to Primanti Bros. since it was just a joint in the Strip District. Boy have they grown!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom