Boneyarders Bold Predictions - 2014 Preseason Edition | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Boneyarders Bold Predictions - 2014 Preseason Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
I'm not going to waste your time with my prediction of the record. You all know what that is. Here are my other predictions:

1) Cochran will actually have his name spelled correctly by all on the Boneyard by the end of the year, and at least 5 Boneyard members will grow a mullet.

2) A life-size statue of Coach Foley will be placed in the Burton Complex, with a note next to it that says, "We're sorry about the last three years..." *(and yes, it will contain the "..." so he figures out wrote the note).

3) The name "Geremy" will become a word synonymous with greatness. You will find yourself in the office, congratulating your fellow co-workers on a job well done, simply by saying, "That was so Geremy!"

Take these things to the bank...
REALLY!!! alright i believe it, side note Davis sets school records in receiving new nickname is the Venus fly trap!

Reaction Score
Please use this thread to post your bold predictions for the upcoming season. Fire away with whatever you got! My top 5:

1. UCONN will get to a bowl game this season. I know that it will take time to completely wash the bad taste of Paul Pasqualoni's tenure from this program, but I'm impressed with how much has already been done. Firing him early in the season was bold and smart (the decision to retain him in the first place is a completely separate argument) and allowed the players and program to begin to the turn the page sooner than later. The guys look to be trimmer, slimmer and more chiseled than ever thanks to a full offseason under Coach Balis' S&C program. Also, I look at our schedule and it is set up pretty favorably: all tougher games at home and some winnable games on the road (including a "road" game at Yankee Stadium). I see 6-7 wins as THE FLOOR for 2014.

2. I will win my gentleman's wager with JayRU: UCONN will draw more than 41,000-whatever to the Army game at Yankee Stadium. With a bowl game possibility in 2014 and a chance to make bold statement in CR (similar to packing MSG at last year's Regional Finals), UCONN fans in the gold coast and NYC will scoop up loads of tickets. I'm pretty sure Yankee Stadium reports tickets SOLD (not scanned) so I feel okay even if there is a blizzard or hurricane. I hope I'm right about this one.

3. Casey Cochran will post the best statistical season from a UCONN QB since Dan Orlovsky. With improved OL play and the emergence of talent that we have at WR, including the way we finished the season last year, Cochran is ready for a breakout. His body is 30 pounds trimmer and leaner and his mullet is long and wavy. The smut stasche is also in midseason form. Here are Orlovsky's 4 years at UCONN:

YearSchoolConfClassPosGCmpAttPctYdsY/AAY/ATDIntRate
2001ConnecticutIndQB1012826947.613795.14.091193.5
2002ConnecticutIndQB1222136660.424886.86.51911128.6
2003ConnecticutIndQB1227947558.734857.37.43314137.4
*2004ConnecticutBig EastQB1228845763.033547.36.92315134.7

I think 2014 Cochran will complete close to 60% of his attempted passes for close to 3000 yards, over 20 TDs and less than 15 INTs. That would put his QB rating right up there with Orlovsky's best years.

4. Part of the reason why I think Cochran is in for a terrific season is because I also think that Geremy Davis will post the single greatest statistical season in UCONN WR history. Below is Marcus Easley's best season (2009):

YearSchoolConfClassPosGRecYdsAvgTDAttYdsAvgTDPlaysYdsAvgTD
2009 ConnecticutBig EastWR134889318.6811111.004990418.48

Now here is Davis' 2013 season:

YearSchoolConfClassPosGRecYdsAvgTDAttYdsAvgTDPlaysYdsAvgTD
2013ConnecticutAmericanJRWR1271108515.3371108515.33

I'm looking for a 70+ catch season for over 1000 yards AND 8+ TDs. Davis is too big for smaller CBs to man up against and too fast for some of the CBs he'll face against certain teams. Sure, he'll expect to see Safety help over the top forcing Cochran to check it down to TEs and shorter routes. But Cochran's accuracy will soften a few defenses enough so that when they do go to Davis (who can run any short, medium or long range route), it will pay off big.

5. UCONN will win 2 of the following games this season: BYU (home), Boise State (home), ECU (road), UCF (home), Cincinnati (home). These are, by far, the 5 toughest games on the 2014 schedule. I think UCONN will win at least 2 of these. Hopefully more.

BONUS: UCONN bucket hats and copycat mullets are going to run rampant throughout the Rent stands this year.

I can say with 100% certitude that we will not run the triple option with CC at QB.

Other than that, I'm stumped. The last three years give us nothing on which to base anything. Was it good/bad/indifferent players and bad coaches, bad coaches or just bad everything? How does anyone know? I need one game.

Reaction Score
I predict they'll make it to a bowl game. It'll take all season to secure a good enough record but they'll be playing in December. I think the O-line and running game will be able to impose their will by seasons end. I agree the Huskies will win a couple of the 5 biggest games on their schedule and lose a head scratcher they should have won..... but not Stoney Brook.

Definitely NOT a Towson repeat from last year.. We simply weren't ready to play last year... Stony Brook is stacked with a bunch of higher level FBS leve transfer talent though... Nevertheless I see us winning that one handily... No let down after BYU... If anything we'll be UP (#HuskyUP)

Reaction Score
Geremy Davis AAC Offensive MOP
Casey Cochran AAC Most Improved

Uconnalliance

Reaction Score
I hope you're right.

Side note: I picked up 2 extras in 241 for Friday. I may sit there with my son. Would love to say hi to all of you 241 hooligans.
Jump in !!!! Sitting 10 rows from the top, you'll hear the voice like a fog horn!!!!!!

Reaction Score
I'll come to 241 in my 3point stance

So this will be like sumo wrestling. Cody to the left Jimmy to the right. Lol

sumo-4.jpg

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
REALLY!!! alright i believe it, side note Davis sets school records in receiving new nickname is the Venus fly trap!
While it's not exactly a bold prediction, I predict that Alliance will be drunk before kickoff seven times this year @ the Rent.

Uconnalliance

Reaction Score
While it's not exactly a bold prediction, I predict that Alliance will be drunk before kickoff seven times this year @ the Rent.
Were's the love bro? I'll be drunk at every kickoff get it right!!!!!

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Were's the love bro? I'll be drunk at every kickoff get it right!!!!!

I'm guessing you may be drunk now. There will be seven games at the Rent this year.

Can't wait for next week! It'll be great to see you again!

Reaction Score
6-7 wins will be a good solid season...especially if 1 or 2 wins comes from BYU, Boise, UCF, Cincy. Anything above 7 wins means that we got every single bounce, roll, call and have a injury free season.

Reaction Score
We're gonna win 7 minimum. We will be back to defending OUR HOUSE!

Reaction Score
6-6 at best, 2-10 at worst. There is a whole lot of parts that need to develop in a hurry to reach 6-6

First off, don't doubt me. Also its amazing how many of you were so off base from the get go in August after re-reading this thread

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
First off, don't doubt me. Also its amazing how many of you were so off base from the get go in August after re-reading this thread

So let me get this right: you feel good about the fact that you predicted the final season outcome after having given yourself 5 different answers?!? (2-10, 3-9, 4-8, 5-7, or 6-6)

You are a friggin' Nostradamus... :confused:

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I just threw up reading my own bold predictions. Why did we have to resurrect this thread?

Reaction Score
I don't see it in this thread but I thought 4-8 was the number. I figured we get 1 WTF win (UCF) but never figured to have so many WTF losses (USF, Tulane, Army, SMU).

I remember thinking all of you 7 & 8 win guys were out of your minds.

Reaction Score
too early for 2015 predictions? Because my gut tells me it'll be less than this year.

Reaction Score
I don't see it in this thread but I thought 4-8 was the number. I figured we get 1 WTF win (UCF) but never figured to have so many WTF losses (USF, Tulane, Army, SMU).

I remember thinking all of you 7 & 8 win guys were out of your minds.

If everything played out the same way other than Casey was healthy all year, what do you think the number is? I still think it would have been closer to 7 than to 2.

Reaction Score
If everything played out the same way other than Casey was healthy all year, what do you think the number is? I still think it would have been closer to 7 than to 2.

With a healthy Casey I think we're at 4 or 5. We might not beat UCF though. Foxx won us that game and Whitmer played well. We probably never see Foxx take snaps back there if we had 2 healthy (productive) QB's all year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom