Boneyard Walk of Shame | The Boneyard

Boneyard Walk of Shame

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If only one person learns to not let their bias color the clear reality this was worth it.

(would be the all time BY jinx but willing to risk)

Put Norte Dame in the layoff and they prove they don't belong. But they still get the money and they have made a bundle when they should have gotten none.

UCF certainly would have shown better even with a back up QB,
Agree with @minidarren that UCF was behind UGA and OSU, but yes compare their results against Pitt.

Pitt @ ND L 14-19
Pitt @ UCF 14-45

College football has become a joke because nobody plays anybody out of conference anymore. It’s entirely possible that UGA is the second best team, I suspect that they are.
So much for the ND "mystique", yet still they will be contiually voted as a top team, when, at best, they middling so called powerhouse. Clemson set everyone straight, with their pasting of the Irish. The power of college football resides in the SOUTH. Any more questions.
College football's HoF WAS moved from South Bend to Atlanta, after all.
There is absolutely zero question in my mind that UCF, with their backup QB, would have put up a FAR more competitive fight against Clemson than Notre Dame did. Notre Dame was the least deserving Playoff participant to date, and that's saying something considering how many blowouts we've had shoved down our throats in this new scam system. Playing a mediocre ACC-based schedule and playing against traditional big name programs in their extreme down years is not impressive to anyone...except Committee members and folks who bow down to Old Money Club propaganda. Ohio State, Georgia and, yes, UCF were all much more deserving to play Clemson than smoke-and-mirrors Irish. But they'll surely get another Playoff chance in 5 years when the Committee has decided it can't bear the thought of the beloved Irish being left out any longer...and they'll get smoked again.
UCF is not going to get one of the four bids no matter how good they are. The Cartel, aka P5, want no part of any G5 team in their playoffs. Since we live near Orlando, I can assure everyone that if UCF wins its bowl game they will lay claim again to being the national champion.

Georgia, despite 2 losses, is a far better team than ND. Next would be tOSU though I think they are notch below Georgia.
The system is in Flatline mode

There won’t be significant wide interest until you do have the underdogs winning - and that starts opening when the field is 8.

A Boise winning against a major name a decade ago is the sterling example of the possibility set.
Agree.
Put me down for:

1. Notre Dame didn’t deserve to be there.

2. Georgia deserved it more than tOSU and UCF.

3. Even an 8 team playoff won’t be inclusive enough. The P5 has no desire to be inclusive outside of the P5.. They want more brand names in big games on TV. There are very few if any brand names outside the P5 so an 8 team playoff is as much of a joke as 4 team playoff.

4. My interest in college football wanes.
Notre Dame couldn't have gotten punked any worse, so it is hard to argue that they deserved to be there.
Clemson could have posted 50 on Notre Dame without breaking a sweat. Notre Dame sucks so completely that their inclusion in the playoff should have eliminated the credibility of the selection process for eternity, except the selection process has no credibility so therefore no one gives a .
UCF would have been the 4 seed and would have played Alabama.

Eh, It's all academic anyway. I'm not expecting any great olive branch should the CFP go to 8 teams. The rule will probably be written up such as the highest rated G5 Or Notre Dame.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It’s a great reminder why Saban fell flat on his face in the NFL. The first hint of a team that can play with Alabama and they melted like a snowman in Key West.

In Nelson’s honor I’d like to point out they got punked so bad it’s hard to argue they should have even been invited.

Reaction Score
Isn't Clemson close to Atlanta? Why you involving me in your message board agendas?

Reaction Score
It’s a great reminder why Saban fell flat on his face in the NFL. The first hint of a team that can play with Alabama and they melted like a snowman in Key West.

In Nelson’s honor I’d like to point out they got punked so bad it’s hard to argue they should have even been invited.

Falling flat on his face in the NFL = taking over a 4-12 team, going 9-7 the next season, then regressing to 6-10 the following year when his HOF LB retired four weeks before the season? With Joey Harrington and Gus Frerotte playing QB?

Notre Dame didn't belong on the same field as Clemson. Alabama lost. There's a big difference.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Falling flat on his face in the NFL = taking over a 4-12 team, going 9-7 the next season, then regressing to 6-10 the following year when his HOF LB retired four weeks before the season? With Joey Harrington and Gus Frerotte playing QB?

Notre Dame didn't belong on the same field as Clemson. Alabama lost. There's a big difference.

There is no level of wrong that won’t convince people to just admit it.

Clemson beat Alabama and their 50 NFL players so bad that the Tide quit.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Isn't Clemson close to Atlanta? Why you involving me in your message board agendas?

LOL agenda. Your bizarre insistance that Notre Dame isn’t relevant...

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
If only one person learns to not let their bias color the clear reality this was worth it.

I'm guessing Bama lost? Didn't watch and I slept in on the morn of my 42nd full year. I like your post, except my comment was taken out of context.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I will admit...I had not realized how good Clemson was and I was on the "ND just isn't good enough" bandwagon. I didn't watch Clemson's games this year...but it seemed like during the season Clemson was good, but they didn't seem to destroy teams like Alabama did.

so....maybe ND isn't a fraud....dammit!

Reaction Score
It is not a question of relevance because any team with their own broadcast network for years is relevant. You can even say they started this money race in CFB.

The issue is that their 12-0 record was not better than UCF's 13-0 record and very likely not nearly as good as some 1 loss teams. ND's lack of conference affiliation and lack of a 13th data point should be held against them.

And somehow I think Saban found a pack of Diaco's vitamins last night with some truly bizzare play calls that took his team out of the game like the fake field goal and not running the play that gets you 2 yards every time on the 1 yard line. Bama actually played well but could not put the ball in the end zone. But they folded up real bad when it became apparent they were going to lose the game.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It is not a question of relevance because any team with their own broadcast network for years is relevant. You can even say they started this money race in CFB.

The issue is that their 12-0 record was not better than UCF's 13-0 record and very likely not nearly as good as some 1 loss teams. ND's lack of conference affiliation and lack of a 13th data point should be held against them.

And somehow I think Saban found a pack of Diaco's vitamins last night with some truly bizzare play calls that took his team out of the game like the fake field goal and not running the play that gets you 2 yards every time on the 1 yard line. Bama actually played well but could not put the ball in the end zone. But they folded up real bad when it became apparent they were going to lose the game.

Other than the fact their resume was clealy better sure.

Bama got their rear ends handed to them just like Notre Dame did.

Reaction Score

Love Whaler posts but a strange flex....

Reaction Score

I’ll just say that none of this proves that Notre Dame isn’t tremendously overrated.

Watching cartoons after flying my new drone around all day with my sons instead of watching the game (that I completely forgot about) only confirms the absolute and tremendous depth of my apathy.

I am aware that Sporting signed an American on loan from Benfica yesterday and that is pretty exciting.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I’ll just say that none of this proves that Notre Dame isn’t tremendously overrated.

Watching cartoons after flying my new drone around all day with my sons instead of watching the game (that I completely forgot about) only confirms the absolute and tremendous depth of my apathy.

I am aware that Sporting signed an American on loan from Benfica yesterday and that is pretty exciting.

It’s not a question of overrated. Their resume was better than the others and they earned their playoff spot.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
My 4 cents:
*ND was a very good team, but would not have been in the playoffs without the ND mystique.
*UCF was a very good team, but would never have made the playoffs because they had no conference cred.
*The subjective drama is part of the playoffs, driving website buzz, paying talking heads, and keeping (many) people interested in college football long after their team crapped out.
*UCONN football will be better in 2019 than 2018, but not by much. A low-level bowl against a no-name team will be a triumph for RE 2.0.

Reaction Score
Never said they are irrelevant. All I said was downtrending. Drama king.

Reaction Score
It’s not a question of overrated. Their resume was better than the others and they earned their playoff spot.

The fact that college football uses “resumes” is stupid. Color me unimpressed by any argument that involves the word “resume”.

Notre Dame got a playoff spot because Notre Dame.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Notre Dame was the worst playoff contestant in this new ridiculous scam system.

I didn't watch a single second last night but am kind of surprised it was a blowout. Also kind of happy it was a blowout - no better bow to tie atop this playoff scam system present than an absolute dud of a championship game rematch...the 100th version.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
My 4 cents:
*ND was a very good team, but would not have been in the playoffs without the ND mystique.
*UCF was a very good team, but would never have made the playoffs because they had no conference cred.
*The subjective drama is part of the playoffs, driving website buzz, paying talking heads, and keeping (many) people interested in college football long after their team crapped out.
*UCONN football will be better in 2019 than 2018, but not by much. A low-level bowl against a no-name team will be a triumph for RE 2.0.

It’s like reading people who believe intellegent design should be taught in schools.

It’s hilarious opinions held as canon in the face of evidence.

Never change Boneyard.

Reaction Score
It’s like reading people who believe intellegent design should be taught in schools.

It’s hilarious opinions held as canon in the face of evidence.

Never change Boneyard.
Yes, Touchdown Jesus created the CFP in 7 days. Or 70 years. Whatever.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Notre Dame deserved it. The 3 was spot om. Oklahoma didn’t. They barely beat (albeit decent) Army in OT.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom