Boneyard vs. Other Boards | The Boneyard

Boneyard vs. Other Boards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It's the offseason and I found myself thinking: having never explored other boards before, how does ours compare? I find myself regularly impressed by the intelligence (basketball and otherwise) and humor displayed here for the most part.

Can people with more experience speak to what other boards are like? Are they as smart, funny, paranoid, over-confident, etc as we tend to be? Curious to know what the best and worst examples are

Reaction Score
This board can be hard to take sometimes but it's way better than any other board where I've lurked.

Reaction Score
Between site functionality and activity level, this board is hard to beat. There is a little something for everyone here. The mods/founders have done a great job. We often rag on the quality of discourse but it's no worse than other places.

Reaction Score
Easily the best, IMO, of the boards I visit. There is the same type of ignorance on this board - particularly on subjects not related to UConn basketball - that tends to be expressed everywhere on the internet, but there are about two dozen posters here who are really great and make the board always worth reading.

Also, Chief. Far as I can tell, he is the most brilliant troll on the internet.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I have never gone to an opposing team's message board. I don't care at all about any other school than UConn. If it's not UConn, it's crap.
Last two sentences potentially a signature line for you...maybe all three.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
  1. We have Fishy to throat punch (even if mostly metaphorically) anyone who gets too far out of line. Other boards don't.
  2. We have the Pizza thread that will not die. Can other boards boast that?
  3. All Boneyard threads more than 2.8 pages long eventually deteriorate into an anti-AAC rant. There's something to be said for consistency.
  4. We have more NCAA tourney trophies earned in this millennium to fall back on when things get ugly than other boards.
  5. This board alone was responsible for WINNING! and Senhor Testiculo. We all know what those memes did. Name me another board that created movements so powerful that they spurred their team on to two national championships in the past 5 years.
  6. We have tcf15.
  7. We're UConn, dammit!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I just wonder if those other boards know where I can get some good pizza when I'm traveling. That's my measuring stick for determining what makes a great discussion board/forum.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
  1. We have Fishy to throat punch (even if mostly metaphorically) anyone who gets too far out of line. Other boards don't.
  2. We have the Pizza thread that will not die. Can other boards boast that?
  3. All Boneyard threads more than 2.8 pages long eventually deteriorate into an anti-AAC rant. There's something to be said for consistency.
  4. We have more NCAA tourney trophies earned in this millennium to fall back on when things get ugly than other boards.
  5. This board alone was responsible for WINNING! and Senhor Testiculo. We all know what those memes did. Name me another board that created movements so powerful that they spurred their team on to two national championships in the past 5 years.
  6. We have tcf15.
  7. We're UConn, dammit!

Honestly, all you needed to make the point were 2, 5 and 6.

The only other board I spend time on is Pitt as it's local. They don't have a best pizza thread. They don't have a tcf15 or anything remotely close. There are no talismans like Senhor, nor the creativity to create one. But what they do have is lack of good moderation, which results in a half dozen threads on teh same thing. And instead of every thread devolving into an anti-AAC rant are endless threads that devolve into "Dixon sucks."

Reaction Score
I don't know if I'm just so used to it but the readability on this board is unbeatable. Like on other boards if there's multiple quotes it's a pain in the ass to try and read.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
This board is probably one of the most level-headed I've come across with the exception of after a loss or during the off season. Then it sucks, hard.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
This board is probably one of the most level-headed I've come across with the exception of after a loss or during the off season. Then it sucks, hard.

Or whenever some rope-a-dope school gets a P5 invite and leaves our conference.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
This place is like my family. Other boards, like the West Virginia board and probably the Syracuse board, are actually family. In the Cuse's defense, all bloodlines come from Laurie Fine.

Reaction Score
This place is like my family. Other boards, like the West Virginia board and probably the Syracuse board, are actually family. In the Cuse's defense, all bloodlines come from Laurie Fine.

Family here at the BY and family at the West Virginia site have 2 very different meanings. Did I hear Squeal like a Pig here?:oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom