Boneyard Tailgating | The Boneyard

Boneyard Tailgating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This is just a thought, but with football/tailgating season quickly approaching I had an idea. Since many on the board r diehard tailgaters, I'm assuming many also fly their tailgate flags.??? I myself have my Uconn flag along with my Hartford Whalers flag on one pole, and Old Glory w/ the Marine Corps flag on another. What if we created our own Boneyard Flag? It could b flown to identify Boneyard friendly tailgate's so people could stop by for a beer or a game of cornhole. It could also b a good way of starting a Uconn Football tradition, which i think we all need to work on as the program grows. Hell, we could also use the logo and make up some Navy Blue long sleeve t-shirts to wear at the tailgate's, could b a prestige thing if other tailgaters see them. I don't have a graphic design background, but maybe someone on the board does and is willing to work on a few designs? Then we could put it to vote? If there is enough interest, we could price out what they would cost and take it from there. Interested in seeing if any think this would b a good idea? If not.... Well the season is only a few weeks away.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
we can have a contest and any 1 can do 1. post em up and have a vote.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
First thought is national flag blue, two crossed bones in white, with a UC and a BY somewhere....

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Was bored since I already know the olympic results NBC but, am unable to get the pix to post. The are uploading as tiny and blurry. Too bad too, I found a cool dog bone font on the interwebs that we could use.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Just played around with an idea... I think I'm seeing the same problem as subbabub... try to upload a file, and it says max dimensions are 10 pixels by 10 pixels... which is... tiny. Dan or any other mod- thoughts?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
im not good with that stuff. usually when i put up pics they just work. hmm

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Just played around with an idea... I think I'm seeing the same problem as subbabub... try to upload a file, and it says max dimensions are 10 pixels by 10 pixels... which is... tiny. Dan or any other mod- thoughts?

It's fixed

Reaction Score
BY Logo.png

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Temery, you da man.

Here's the idea I was playing with.

View attachment 1031

That's a good first attempt and is similar to one I was working on last night, plus a couple others. Your shop skills exceed mine, can you do this one on a blue field with the block C on top, B on the left, Y on the right.

I think "Boneyard" looks better, but I didn't use it in my version in an attempt to be less obvious, but seeing yours it might be necessary to fill the space.

I'll try to post the others tonight.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
i think i prefer just to have the U/C/B/Y without boneyard written on it. it's mystery will add to it's allure

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
That is NICE CTMike! Add in a Blue 6 in upper left hand corner for Jazz...and I'm in!
Ha! I actually DID do that- just as you described! I took it off, only cause we love all our UConn sports here, not just football. Like where your head is at though.

Reaction Score
Here is a rendition of CT Mike's with some minor adjustments.
View attachment 1037
===============
this block c and crossbones was exactly what I had envisioned when I thought of this, great job! Can you keep the flag/bones/block the same and add Boneyarder on the bottom? Maybe in block and font like Uconnmick's submission above, Just to take a look to see what it looks like. I think having "Boneyard or Boneyarder" on the flag is important just so we can differentiate who we are. It's important for "branding" so non boneyarders can look at the flag and put it together. Can u tell, I have a marketing background? Great job guys, keep EM coming, we have some great ideas so far!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom