Boneyard party at Naples Tournament...!! (Nov. 28th...) | The Boneyard

Boneyard party at Naples Tournament...!! (Nov. 28th...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
bokamper 3.JPG

As most members of the Boneyard know, UConn will play a three game tournament at the Gulf Coast Showcase in Naples on November 28-29-30. There will be a Boneyard party before the first game at 6:30 pm, Friday, November 28th at Bokamper's Sports Bar & Grill in Coconut Point. Any members in good standing of the Boneyard and their "significant others" are invited. Please read the invitation above for details. The Boneyard party will end in time for all of us to "caravan" together over to the arena for the UConn game at 8:30 pm. :)

I need a head count for everyone attending, so please send me a short message in my BY Inbox. Or just post your answer below... There will be name tags so tell me your BY name and first name of your guest(s).

First, a geography lesson. The airport, Bokamper's, the team hotel and the arena where the games are played are NOT in Naples. :eek: The airport is actually up by Ft. Myers. (no relation to meyers7) Naples is about 40 miles south of Ft. Myers. (south of Naples are only alligators)

IN BETWEEN Naples and Ft. Myers is Bonita Springs (alias North Naples) and Estero. The team hotel, Bokamper's and Coconut Point mall are in Bonita Springs, but the address often says Estero. (don't panic, that is just how we do things in Florida) :cool: Germain Arena, where the games are played, is in Estero, about 10 minutes north, by car, from Coconut Point.

Second, Coconut Point mall is not a covered mall like you have in Connecticut. You need a car to get from one end to the other. Don't park randomly and try to walk to Bokamper's, as it will be Saturday before you get there. Bokamper's is at the NORTH end, near T.J. MAXX. Drive around the northern end of Coconut Point until you see T.J. Maxx. Park in their lot, but AS FAR AWAY FROM the store as practical. Face away from the store and walk 50 feet ahead. Look for Bokamper's, right next to the lake. If you get lost, look for UConn people and follow them. (Worst case, ask directions) :p

Third, food. There will be plenty of free wings, free appetizers, free soft drinks and 1 free adult beverage. (all free) Bokamper's has great food if you want to order your own salad, wrap, burger or sandwich. (not free) There might even be a certain game played on April 8, 2014 on the TVs. :rolleyes:

Fourth, tickets. Bring any extra tickets you may have to the Boneyard party. Someone will no doubt need an extra. Thank you in advance. Send me an Inbox message w/ any questions.

Go Huskies...!!

Last edited:

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
Hi David... The wife and I will be happy to join in the festivities...

Reaction Score
I now have 2 tickets available. The couple from Naples I got 2 tickets for is now going on a cruise.

Reaction Score
View attachment 7200

As most members of the Boneyard know, UConn will play a three game tournament at the Gulf Coast Showcase in Naples on November 28-29-30. There will be a Boneyard party before the first game at 6:30 pm, Friday, November 28th at Bokamper's Sports Bar & Grill in Coconut Point. Any members in good standing of the Boneyard and their "significant others" are invited. Please read the invitation above for details. The Boneyard party will end in time for all of us to "caravan" together over to the arena for the UConn game at 8:30 pm. :)

I need a head count for everyone attending, so please send me a short message in my BY Inbox. Or just post your answer below... There will be name tags so tell me your BY name and first name of your guest(s).

First, a geography lesson. The airport, Bokamper's, the team hotel and the arena where the games are played are NOT in Naples. :eek: The airport is actually up by Ft. Myers. (no relation to meyers7) Naples is about 40 miles south of Ft. Myers. (south of Naples are only alligators)

IN BETWEEN Naples and Ft. Myers is Bonita Springs (alias North Naples) and Estero. The team hotel, Bokamper's and Coconut Point mall are in Bonita Springs, but the address often says Estero. (don't panic, that is just how we do things in Florida) :cool: Germain Arena, where the games are played, is in Estero, about 10 minutes north, by car, from Coconut Point.

Second, Coconut Point mall is not a covered mall like you have in Connecticut. You need a car to get from one end to the other. Don't park randomly and try to walk to Bokamper's, as it will be Saturday before you get there. Bokamper's is at the NORTH end, near T.J. MAXX. Drive around the northern end of Coconut Point until you see T.J. Maxx. Park in their lot, but AS FAR AWAY FROM the store as practical. Face away from the store and walk 50 feet ahead. Look for Bokamper's, right next to the lake. If you get lost, look for UConn people and follow them. (Worst case, ask directions) :p

Third, food. There will be plenty of free wings, free appetizers, free soft drinks and 1 free adult beverage. (all free) Bokamper's has great food if you want to order your own salad, wrap, burger or sandwich. (not free) There might even be a certain game played on April 8, 2014 on the TVs. :rolleyes:

Fourth, tickets. Bring any extra tickets you may have to the Boneyard party. Someone will no doubt need an extra. Thank you in advance. Send me an Inbox message w/ any questions.

Go Huskies...!!

Reaction Score
View attachment 7200

Go Huskies...!!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I changed my plans to be with my biological family over Thanksgiving--instead of my adopted family of Boneyarders. It sounds like fun, though. Enjoy!

Reaction Score
View attachment 7200

Go Huskies...!!

Reaction Score
Doug will be there. Looking forward to meeting some fellow Boneyarders for the first time. Thanks Dave.

DavidinNaples

Reaction Score
My wife and I will be there (Keith and Carolyn). Not sure if my attempt at PM got through.

Yes, it came through and I answered...check the very right top of this page, click on "Inbox" & see if my note pops up.
Thrilled you guys will be in Naples for the games and BY party. We have a nice group that will be there..!
Go Huskies..!!

Reaction Score
View attachment 7200

Go Huskies...!!
[/QUO

Reaction Score
While I understand that Naples may have a more favorable cachet, Germain Arena is actually in Fort Myers, not Naples. Although it has an Estero address, Estero is still (as of now) part of Fort Myers, not Naples. There is a vote to make Estero a separate entity taking place today, I believe. And I have never heard of Bonita Springs being referred to as "Naples North." I say all of this, of course, as a proud winter resident of south Fort Myers.

Anyway, it should be a fun time.

DavidinNaples

Reaction Score
While I understand that Naples may have a more favorable cachet, Germain Arena is actually in Fort Myers, not Naples. Although it has an Estero address, Estero is still (as of now) part of Fort Myers, not Naples. There is a vote to make Estero a separate entity taking place today, I believe. And I have never heard of Bonita Springs being referred to as "Naples North." I say all of this, of course, as a proud winter resident of south Fort Myers.

Anyway, it should be a fun time.

Exit 68.... I thought I went to great lengths to explain that EVERYTHING about this tournament is not in Naples, including the airport, the team hotel, the location of the party and the arena where the games are played. Here's my quote... "First, a geography lesson. The airport, Bokamper's, the team hotel and the arena where the games are played are NOT in Naples." Was that not clear enough..?? ;)

Anyway, the more important question is are you going to make the party? I certainly hope so. Welcome to the Boneyard.... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom