Boneyard GameDay in B'port Tomorrow! | The Boneyard

Boneyard GameDay in B'port Tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Thanks to TonyC (with an assist from Geno) we will reunite tomorrow in Bridgeport to yell and holler for our Huskies!

Mrs. Kibitzer and I will stand roll call. CheeseDanish's ticket will be used by a veteran (patient or volunteer) from the VA Medical Facility in West Haven. I am so proud of my daughter -- she went from room to room there yesterday and performed private violin concerts for patients in the Hospice Ward there to give these fellows a little Easter cheer.

At the risk of jinxing our team, we plan to be there again Monday and she will join us.

Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
Kibitzer I am from a family with a long line of servicemen and when the time came they were fortunate enough to spend their remaining days at home with family and friends. However I would routinely take my grandfathers to visit friends who were not as lucky as them at the VA and it seemed to "make their day" every time we went. I sincerely thank your daughter for taking the time out to add a little joy and happiness to the servicemen that so deeply deserve it most! Sometimes we lose sight of the things in life that mean the most and make the most difference and it is extremely refreshing to hear that your daughter hasn't. Happy Easter

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Kibitzer I am from a family with a long line of servicemen and when the time came they were fortunate enough to spend their remaining days at home with family and friends. However I would routinely take my grandfathers to visit friends who were not as lucky as them at the VA and it seemed to "make their day" every time we went. I sincerely thank your daughter for taking the time out to add a little joy and happiness to the servicemen that so deeply deserve it most! Sometimes we lose sight of the things in life that mean the most and make the most difference and it is extremely refreshing to hear that your daughter hasn't. Happy Easter

Thanks. The lettering over the entrance at the VA Facility in West Haven reads: "The cost of freedom is visible here." That's a good reminder. Happy Easter back atcha!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer
Top Bottom