Boneyard Combine Measurements | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Boneyard Combine Measurements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Eat Less, exercise more...Stop eating refined carbs...no bread no pasta...lean protein at meals..if you don't like chicken..eat fish..pork or beef on occasion. snack with nuts, protein shakes between meals...oh...and cut out the booze..
Good advice. Eat a lot of proteins lean meat, since you don't like chicken breast eat eggs, turkey breast, fish, cottage cheese. Eat carbs but good carbs like oats, rice, veggies and fruit. Snack on nuts instead of chips. Cut out fried stuff, regular pasta, pizza and try not to eat late night. Cut out bad sugars, soda is probably the worst. Work out, lifting weights and cardio. You don't have to completely eat like a saint, pick a day a week were you eat your ice cream or pizza or whatever you really like.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Dayum. 90 lbs. Congrats!

I need to drop a bunch (more than 30, way less than 90). Any tips for a guy who hates chicken breasts?

One exercise that's really effective in eliminating stomach fat and gaining muscle is planking. Combine 10 3-minute plank sessions with a good diet and you'll get results pretty quickly.

As far as the food side of things goes, I too hate chicken breast. One lunch option that I've been using a lot is taking some pretzels and dipping them inside of a fresh avocado with a side dish of a grapefruit. Lots of Vitamin A there. Also it's not a good idea to just flat out not eat, as your metabolism will adjust and slow down really badly. You'll find that when you do this and then have one day where you just eat a normal amount, your body will hold on to everything and you'll be wondering how you gained so much fat when eating so little.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
One exercise that's really effective in eliminating stomach fat and gaining muscle is planking. Combine 10 3-minute plank sessions with a good diet and you'll get results pretty quickly.

As far as the food side of things goes, I too hate chicken breast. One lunch option that I've been using a lot is taking some pretzels and dipping them inside of a fresh avocado with a side dish of a grapefruit. Lots of Vitamin A there. Also it's not a good idea to just flat out not eat, as your metabolism will adjust and slow down really badly. You'll find that when you do this and then have one day where you just eat a normal amount, your body will hold on to everything and you'll be wondering how you gained so much fat when eating so little.

The weird thing is, my wife was diagnosed with type II diabetes last year and is managing it very well w/o meds. She's cut out probably 80-90% of her carbs, and as a result I've already eliminated probably half of my carb intake since we don't cook starches. Difference being she dropped 50 lbs, I haven't dropped an a damned ounce. Pisses me off, lol. I figure if I'm not eating baguettes and potatoes and risotto or pasta, I should have something to show for it by now. I don't even drink much anymore. Maybe I should try crack for awhile :eek:

Reaction Score
Good advice. Eat a lot of proteins lean meat, since you don't like chicken breast eat eggs, turkey breast, fish, cottage cheese. Eat carbs but good carbs like oats, rice, veggies and fruit. Snack on nuts instead of chips. Cut out fried stuff, regular pasta, pizza and try not to eat late night. Cut out bad sugars, soda is probably the worst. Work out, lifting weights and cardio. You don't have to completely eat like a saint, pick a day a week were you eat your ice cream or pizza or whatever you really like.
And I'll just add that this site: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/ Is very useful for tracking calories & learning how much of X or Y food you can eat (brown rice has way more calories than you think, btw).

You'll be surprised at how the weight just kinda falls off once you start moderating your portions. I've gone from 195 to 183 in the past 4 weeks and it's mostly due to portion control.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I can do it again now that I'm down 90+lbs from last year. I tried dunking last year and broke the hoop and my son was more that a little irate.
Congrats on the weight loss. Losing nearly a C-note is impressive.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
And I'll just add that this site: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/ Is very useful for tracking calories & learning how much of X or Y food you can eat (brown rice has way more calories than you think, btw).

You'll be surprised at how the weight just kinda falls off once you start moderating your portions. I've gone from 195 to 183 in the past 4 weeks and it's mostly due to portion control.

Portion control mind game that really works.

Get smaller plates. If the plate looks half empty before you start eating, you're brain is already convinced it's not enough food. If the plate looks full, your subconscious believes you've eaten a full portion when you finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom