Boneyard Combine Measurements | The Boneyard

Boneyard Combine Measurements

Status
Not open for further replies.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Each year, a group of friends and I set up a crude replica of the NBA combine measurements, mostly because we're all middle aged and want to think that we aren't. There were six guys counting me, and though I was tallest, pathetically enough, I had the worst vertical of the group.

Height (no shoes): 6'4.75"
In Shoes: 6'6.25"
Weight: 215
Standing Reach: 8'6''
Arm Span: 6'10''
Standing Vertical: 23''
Max Vertical 26''

Does anyone else do this or are my friends and I alone in this yearly ritual?

Reaction Score
A group of my friends from college do that, but for the NFL combine every year. I only participated once before I moved, and I don't think I'll be making a roster any time soon

Reaction Score
Each year, a group of friends and I set up a crude replica of the NBA combine measurements, mostly because we're all middle aged and want to think that we aren't. There were six guys counting me, and though I was tallest, pathetically enough, I had the worst vertical of the group.

Height (no shoes): 6'4.75"
In Shoes: 6'6.25"
Weight: 215
Standing Reach: 8'6''
Arm Span: 6'10''
Standing Vertical: 23''
Max Vertical 26''

Does anyone else do this or are my friends and I alone in this yearly ritual?
Serious question, at that size where do you shop for clothes? I'm only 5'10 but am a little bulky from lifting weights and recently I've found it nearly impossible to shop for dress shirts. It seems as people get bigger the clothing designers make smaller clothes.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Serious question, at that size where do you shop for clothes? I'm only 5'10 but am a little bulky from lifting weights and recently I've found it nearly impossible to shop for dress shirts. It seems as people get bigger the clothing designers make smaller clothes.

Casual Man XT is a good source, despite their name they have some pretty good dress clothes.

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
6'3" 245. At 46 yrs old I could still walk on to any high school team football team in Texas, Florida or New Jersey and start..... Third string .... Special teams.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Height (no shoes): 6'2.5" This one I'm sure of, as I had a physical the other day. I used to be 6'3.5". They say you shrink with age. They are apparently right.

In Shoes: 6'3.75"

Weight: 247. Down from 325 prior to the Quad bypass and Axillary-bifemoral graft surgery in 2012.

Standing Reach: 8'4'' With my right arm. Left arm would be less, as the right shoulder suffers chronic recurrent subluxation. Comes out of the socket whenever I lift it above shoulder height. I'm not allowed to lift the left arm any more, to prevent undue stress on the attachment of the arterial graft to my axillary artery on that side.

Arm Span: 6'4.5''

Standing Vertical: You're joking, right? My guess would be somewhere around a foot.

Max Vertical: Funny stuff here. I tried to dunk a basketball a few years ago. Admittedly, I was 328# at the time, and couldn't walk more than about 50 feet without severe leg pain, due to PVD, but I tried. I THINK I hit the rim with the ball. But I'm not sure. And I hurt myself on my sole attempt. I ain't trying again. I'm pretty sure there's a rule against dunking in the over 70 league, anyway.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Casual Male XT that is, there is no such store as Casual Man.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
As far as dress shirts go, if ya want a clean look..... Get them tailored, when you're muscular (shoulders, chest) the shirts that fit up top, hardly ever fit nicely around the waist.

Reaction Score
Lol, didn't mean to attack you. Was just making a satirical comment based on all the guys who say things like, " If I was (insert something here) I would be so good"
Haha didnt take it as one, I was making a satirical comment as well because all my friends say that when they play with an extremely tall person

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I can do it again now that I'm down 90+lbs from last year. I tried dunking last year and broke the hoop and my son was more that a little irate.

Dayum. 90 lbs. Congrats!

I need to drop a bunch (more than 30, way less than 90). Any tips for a guy who hates chicken breasts?

Reaction Score
As far as dress shirts go, if ya want a clean look..... Get them tailored, when you're muscular (shoulders, chest) the shirts that fit up top, hardly ever fit nicely around the waist.
I'm too cheap for that, I usually just get my dress shirts at Marshall's and TJ Maxx type of places. Didn't think I had a particularly big neck but 18's are hard to find.

Reaction Score
Dayum. 90 lbs. Congrats!

I need to drop a bunch (more than 30, way less than 90). Any tips for a guy who hates chicken breasts?

Eat Less, exercise more...Stop eating refined carbs...no bread no pasta...lean protein at meals..if you don't like chicken..eat fish..pork or beef on occasion. snack with nuts, protein shakes between meals...oh...and cut out the booze..

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
I'm too cheap for that, I usually just get my dress shirts at Marshall's and TJ Maxx type of places. Didn't think I had a particularly big neck but 18's are hard to find.
Gotcha, 17.5 here.....but getting it tailored is really your best/only option.... It might cost a little extra, but there's something really nice about a properly fitted shirt.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Maybe just do it for one nice white shirt. Worth it to have one go to for an interview, wedding, or whatever!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom