Boneyard Badass Awards for UCF Victory. . . | The Boneyard

Boneyard Badass Awards for UCF Victory. . .

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
My award goes to Napheesa and Gabby.

Honorable mention:
Ms. Crystal. Crystal scored in double figures in this game too.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Saniya had a good game of active hands today. Got her hand on a lot of balls, including the poke to set up Lou's home run ball to Kia.

Don't you love it when you can use in a basketball game a term used in a football game that refers to an aspect of a baseball game?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Beg to differ on Crystal - way too many careless turnovers.

Turnovers do not tell the entire story. You can't have tunnel vision when evaluating a player's performance. All you saw was the 4 turnovers. Let's take a closer look at Crystal's overall performance today.
1. She had 2 steals, and 2 rebounds.
2. She had 3 assists. She would have had 5 assists if Butler had not missed the two bunnies under the basket on two good passes she gave her.
3. She played good to very good defense today. She was the first player to dive on the floor for a loose ball, and passed it to a teammate.
4. SHE ran the point today. SHE had the ball in her hands, and ran the offense most of the game, not Chong, not Nurse, HER!!!
5. She did make a couple of bad decisions on offense, but she could have made more, but she didn't. She did not play perfect today, but neither did anyone else.
6. She had 14 points today. She was the third leading scorer for UConn today. She made BOTH of her free throws. She out scored every other player for UCF except Lewis. Danger took 9 shots today. Lewis took 26.
7. Danger made more good plays and decisions today than bad. I didn't notice her being out of position at any time today. Crystal had a very good game. With Nurse still on the mend, we needed Crystal today, and she came through, BIG time.

I agree with and wholeheartedly endorse Shorty Dee's award to Crystal Dangerfield for an "Honorable mention" Badass for today's game. She earned it!!! Good game today Crystal. :)

Last edited:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I'm good with Pheesa & Gabby. I would also note that Lou carried the scoring load in the 1st half with 12 pts along with 5 boards & 5 assists for the game. Not Badass worthy, but a nice all-around game.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I'm good with Pheesa & Gabby. I would also note that Lou carried the scoring load in the 1st half with 12 pts along with 5 boards & 5 assists for the game. Not Badass worthy, but a nice all-around game.

Good catch. I forgot to mention Lou, who played well, just not at Badass level (with Gabby and Pheesa).

Honorable mention for her--or anyone? OK by me, but I have never identified them or kept track of nominations by others. It's all I can manage to identify the baddest one(s), make a comment, and occasionally respond to BY demand for "further review." It's been enjoyable and enriching for 70 victorious games--and counting--seven to go!:)

GO HUSKIES!

Reaction Score
Turnovers do not tell the entire story. You can't have tunnel vision when evaluating a player's performance. All you saw was the 4 turnovers. Let's take a closer look at Crystal's overall performance today.
1. She had 2 steals, and 2 rebounds.
2. She had 3 assists. She would have had 5 assists if Butler had not missed the two bunnies under the basket on two good passes she gave her.
3. She played good to very good defense today. She was the first player to dive on the floor for a loose ball, and passed it to a teammate.
4. SHE ran the point today. SHE had the ball in her hands, and ran the offense most of the game, not Chong, not Nurse, HER!!!
5. She did make a couple of bad decisions on offense, but she could have made more, but she didn't. She did not play perfect today, but neither did anyone else.
6. She had 14 points today. She was the third leading scorer for UConn today. She made BOTH of her free throws. She out scored every other player for UCF except Lewis. Danger took 9 shots today. Lewis took 26.
7. Danger made more good plays and decisions today than bad. I didn't notice her being out of position at any time today. Crystal had a very good game. With Nurse still on the mend, we needed Crystal today, and she came through, BIG time.

I agree with and wholeheartedly endorse Shorty Dee's award to Crystal Dangerfield for an "Honorable mention" Badass for today's game. She earned it!!! Good game today Crystal. :)

Reaction Score
I'd give an honorable mention to Saniya. She didn't shoot great but she had 5 rebounds, 3 assists no turnovers and a steal or 2. Mostly, however, she was a steady calming influence when UCF was pressing and grabbing for the ball.

Reaction Score
I'm sure Crystal heard something from the coaches about her handle yesterday.. Doubt if she'll repeat it (The turnovers seemed careless).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom