Boneyard Badass Awards for Tulsa. . . | The Boneyard

Boneyard Badass Awards for Tulsa. . .

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
. . . victory go to the Three Huskyteers! a.k.a. Pheesa, Gabby and Lou.:):):)

(Mrs. K. figured out how the WatchESPN works so we viewed last 3.5 quarters.)

Good to see Kia back and pleased to hear Bob Picozzi once again.

P.S. We had 'em all the way!;)

Reaction Score
. . . victory go to the Three Huskyteers! a.k.a. Pheesa, Gabby and Lou.:):):)

(Mrs. K. figured out how the WatchESPN works so we viewed last 3.5 quarters.)

Good to see Kia back and pleased to hear Bob Picozzi once again.

P.S. We had 'em all the way!;)
While I do not, and cannot disagree, I have to say that for those of us who've been patiently awaiting Crystal's emergence as a truly mature floor leader, there were multiple signs out there today that were hugely encouraging. She made some spectacular dishes, used great judgment, and played aggressive defense. The more I think about it, the more I think she deserves more than just an honorable mention!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Good call on the 3 amigos.

I realize this was only Tulsa, but it's going to take some kind of Herculean effort to beat this team, this year....and next year...forgetaboutit!

CBear01

Plan your work and work your plan
Reaction Score
I'm very inclined to agree with @Bigpetunia. My vote would go to Crystal...she seemed to take control of possessions more than just a few times. And made incredible passes. If this is her "breakout" I'm excited. Much like KLS last year in the post season just exploded

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
While I do not, and cannot disagree, I have to say that for those of us who've been patiently awaiting Crystal's emergence as a truly mature floor leader, there were multiple signs out there today that were hugely encouraging. She made some spectacular dishes, used great judgment, and played aggressive defense. The more I think about it, the more I think she deserves more than just an honorable mention!

Agree Crystal played very well, especially that nifty no-look pass to the trailer on a fast break. But we have never honored more than three players in a game. The three Badasses vs. Tulsa combined for 60 points, 12 assists, 6 blocks, 3 turnovers--in 3 quarters!:)

(Nat also played well.);)

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Agree with CBear and Kibitzer. I think Crystal really grew when Kia was unavailable, and I think she may be ready for prime time. Natalie has still been inconsistent , but she had a really good game today (9 rebounds and 13 points in 13 minutes), and I'm cautiously optimistic that we may be able to count on her down the stretch.

Reaction Score
The award goes to Napheesa, Lou and Gabby.

Honorable Mention:
UConn team. Nine out of ten players scored, and six players scored in double figures.
So, you're the one who's using up on the blue ink around here! :)

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score

This!

Reaction Score
I'm very inclined to agree with @Bigpetunia. My vote would go to Crystal...she seemed to take control of possessions more than just a few times. And made incredible passes. If this is her "breakout" I'm excited. Much like KLS last year in the post season just exploded
I noticed it once in the game, but at least 2 or three times in the replays, and I have seen it several times before. Many of her passes are completely "No-look" and she seldom makes a bad one (though one to KLS on the sideline recently comes to mind). But the best example I've ever seen was that spectacular pass to Pheesa. She was looking right at Gabby!

Reaction Score
Agree with CBear and Kibitzer. I think Crystal really grew when Kia was unavailable, and I think she may be ready for prime time. Natalie has still been inconsistent , but she had a really good game today (9 rebounds and 13 points in 13 minutes), and I'm cautiously optimistic that we may be able to count on her down the stretch.
When there's one big too many, who do you call? Postbuster Nat!

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score

She has apparently received a head full of Geno, and it's registering at the right time!

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Dunno; that ankle-breaker that Crystal Dangerfield strapped on them late in the fourth quarter was very reminiscent of Moriah's move in the SC game last year. Maybe just a skosh less amazing, but a beautiful, beautiful move! And if I counted correctly , she left three, count em, three Tulsa players absolutely rooted to the floor, whereas MoJet left only two. THAT just might have been the play of the game.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Dunno; that ankle-breaker that Crystal Dangerfield strapped on them late in the fourth quarter was very reminiscent of Moriah's move in the SC game last year. Maybe just a skosh less amazing, but a beautiful, beautiful move! And if I counted correctly , she left three, count em, three Tulsa players absolutely rooted to the floor, whereas MoJet left only two. THAT just might have been the play of the game.

We remember that play well. Mo made that play against the Gamecock's Tina Roy. That was a vintage move by Mo that she had perfected, and used many times.
She backed the ball out and lulled Roy into false sense of security, then blew right pass her for an easy uncontested layup, and left Roy standing there embarrassed with egg on her face. That's our Mo.

I have a feeling we've only seen the tip of the iceberg where "Dangerous" (my moniker for Crystal) is concerned. We saw 3 nice ones today. Even Phessa was impressed with the no-look pass she gave her. You could read Collier's lips as she said: "that was a nice pass". Boy is she fun to watch. :)

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
We remember that play well. Mo made that play against the Gamecock's Tina Roy. That was a vintage move by Mo that she had perfected, and used many times.
She backed the ball out and lulled Roy into false sense of security, then blew right pass her for an easy uncontested layup, and left Roy standing there embarrassed with egg on her face. That's our Mo.

I have a feeling we've only seen the tip of the iceberg where "Dangerous" (my moniker for Crystal) is concerned. We saw 3 nice ones today. Even Phessa was impressed with the no-look pass she gave her. You could read Collier's lips as she said: "that was a nice pass". Boy is she fun to watch. :)
Early on I'd been calling her "Little Miss Dangerous" which was by Ted Nugent, but I'd stopped. Maybe it's time to start up again.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Early on I'd been calling her "Little Miss Dangerous" which was by Ted Nugent, but I'd stopped. Maybe it's time to start up again.

Jordy, it's been said many times that great minds think alike!!

Dangerous is a name that describes her to a T. I've predicted several times that it will be difficult to watch her play, and keep your mouth closed. I'll bet she's got moves and passes we haven't seen yet. Once she gains Geno's complete trust, and he takes the leash off, she'll play consistently like she did in the Baylor game.

Geno was mic'd up during the Baylor game. We heard him say: "win the game for us Crystal, win the game for us". Geno knew they were engaged in a tight contest. Crystal was hot, and he was not going to restrict her. He gave her a green light to just play her game, hoping it would be enough, it was. Geno knows when to pick his battles.

He knew THAT was not the time. When a player is hot, you don't restrict them. You put the ball in their hands and let them play. The Baylor game showed everyone that she can play at this level. She must learn to play it within Geno's system. Once that happens, we'll have our point guard until she graduates.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom