Boneyard Badass Award for SC Victory. . . | The Boneyard

Boneyard Badass Award for SC Victory. . .

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
. . . goes to Gabby Williams, for playing one of the greatest games (and there have been many!) in the glorious history of UConn women's basketball.:):):):)

Game Summary: "We had 'em all the way!";)

Last edited:

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
Could not be a better choice than Gabby...

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Gabby was magnificent. Over the last few weeks, I had basically assumed that Kelsey Plum would walk off with all of the major NPOY awards. Tonight, Gabby knocked down the door and announced to America that she is the best WBB player in the nation.

Reaction Score
For Badass, I want to nominate our moderators or whoever changed the title of the game thread from something like "going for 100" to the usual "game thread" and thereby preserving our good mojo! (and after that, then Gabby, Gabby, Gabby, and Pheesa).

And let's not forget Kia, who really fought through pain to give her mates a few minutes' rest. We might not see her for a couple of games, maybe not even until the tournament. So, she gets honorable mention.

Reaction Score
Gabby was magnificent. Over the last few weeks, I had basically assumed that Kelsey Plum would walk off with all of the major NPOY awards. Tonight, Gabby knocked down the door and announced to America that she is the best WBB player in the nation.
Not only knocking down the door, Gabby widen it and drove a tank right through SC's defense

Reaction Score
In post-game presser Geno saying Gabby had a "Maya Moore type game." Asked about her switching to guard next year, he says she has great ball handling skills, great passing skills, and that other guard stuff will come (shooting beyond 15 ft). Says whether they coach her to be a guard is up to her.

Says Crystal Dangerfield pisses him off because she's content to be less than she can be. Tells her he'll play her more when she grows up and does everything she can to help the team win.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
In post-game presser Geno saying Gabby had a "Maya Moore type game." Asked about her switching to guard next year, he says she has great ball handling skills, great passing skills, and that other guard stuff will come (shooting beyond 15 ft). Says whether they coach her to be a guard is up to her.

Says Crystal Dangerfield pisses him off because she's content to be less than she can be. Tells her he'll play her more when she grows up and does everything she can to help the team win.
show_me.jpg

Reaction Score
I totally concur with your choice of Gabby. Magnificent display of athleticism, intensity, fight, and heart. She should be a Navy Seal.

Honorable mention would be Crystal Dangerfield because as a freshman to come in and drive this team in lieu of Kia's ankle and do it productively for the bulk of the game deserves commendation.

Reaction Score

I remember watching an "All Access" early in the season when Stewie was a Sophmore and her talking about how she had to buy into Geno's way and how she thought as a freshmen she knew it all. That certainly changed for her and I am sure it will for Crystal sooner than later.

Reaction Score
Gabby is a gimme. And as great a game Collier had, I have to give a special nod to Butler for playing so well when Pheesa had to sit. She locked down the paint, giving Coates more than she could handle and helping out with Wilson as well. By far her best minutes as a Husky; the team needed her badly, and she exceeded anyone's reasonable expectation.

Tomatoes to JV, SY, and RJ, ESPECIALLY SY. AND to whomever decided to assign a squad of this....caliber....to a game that was this big, and this visible. I was shocked to see them take the floor; who thought this was a good idea?

Reaction Score

Interesting comment after a game where Crystal Dangerfield played 30 minutes!

Reaction Score
Enough with the Dangerfield HM, she as adequate at best. This one belongs to Gabby. Gabby was like an old Timex, she took a licking and kept on ticking!!!!

Reaction Score
. . . goes to Gabby Williams, for playing one of the greatest games (and there have been many!) in the glorious history of UConn women's basketball.:):):):)

Game Summary: "We had 'em all the way!";)
Honorable mention: Kia the warrior.

Reaction Score
While many of those who played deserve honorable mention...this was Gabby's game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom