OT: - Bone Yard Huskyz Club? NIL? WTF? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Bone Yard Huskyz Club? NIL? WTF?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
These guys are clever, it's not Boneyard, it's Bone Yard.
What does basketball and merchandising have in common?

Spacing!

I have dad joke spoken!

Reaction Score
I'm about to come out with a new feature film called "Boys N The Hood". It's about the up and downs of a group of teenage friends growing up in South Central LA, one of whom is a top basketball recruit trying to make it out.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
“They got the Golden Arches, mine is the Golden Arcs”
I knew someone who had a hardware store called Tools Are Us. Toys Are Us successfully forced him to change the name. Those people were real tools!

That is a lawyers way! :cool:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I doubt it’s a legal matter, but it’s definitely sleazy.
@temery you might have some limited common law trademark rights in the Boneyard name. Notice these people at list split Bone and Yard. There is certainly room for confusion here. You could consider adding a TM to the logo up top, but in any event this is probably the first usage of the name in commerce.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
They’ve been around since last year - all over twitter - honestly surprised you didn’t notice them in that sphere. I think they were really the first opportunity for players to cash in on an NIL opportunity last year. I remember their launch with RJ Cole. They seem like good people and they care about the program but what do I know.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
“They got the Golden Arches, mine is the Golden Arcs”
Look... me and the McDonald's people got this little misunderstanding. See, they're McDonald's... I'm McDowell's. They got the Golden Arches, mine is the Golden Arcs. They got the Big Mac, I got the Big Mick. We both got two all-beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles and onions, but their buns have sesame seeds. My buns have no seeds.

Last edited:

Sick Puppy

Remember, you wanted this.
Reaction Score
Yeah, their stuff looks like pure crap.

It’s like the Wild West, but honestly, the stuff that UConn is actually promoting is looking better and better. Kyle Muncy is doing a great job on Twitter of rolling it out.
Brings to mind one of my fave quotes: "There are two kinds of taste. Good taste and no taste." Alfred Hitchcock

Reaction Score
Look... me and the McDonald's people got this little misunderstanding. See, they're McDonald's... I'm McDowell's. They got the Golden Arches, mine is the Golden Arcs. They got the Big Mac, I got the Big Mick. We both got two all-beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles and onions, but their buns have sesame seeds. My buns have no seeds.
When you think of garbage, think of Akeem

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Yes, through their NIL work and connection to Alex he gets paid for appearing on the podcast. Without BYHC, the Alex interviews wouldn’t have been possible. In conversations I’ve had, I know the players get about 70% of revenues with the rest covering creative and production costs.

Not an expert on their business model by any means, but at least have some context I can provide.

Thank you.

What are the actual numbers?

From what I can tell about it, it’s a side project for a New Jersey wealth manager - he has a bunch of them. (He’ll sell you a racehorse if you want one.)

My only issues are that the stuff they are selling is complete crap. They have a pretty big corporate roster for an outfit that I am guessing is not doing much business which makes me wonder if the kids are getting what they are being told they are getting.

Annnnd they basically appropriated the Boneyard name intentionally to give the impression that they were something they were not. If nothing else, this makes me question anything else they do.

Reaction Score
I'm not a trademark lawyer, but I know a few things. A trademark violation must be related to a similar product, it's not the name in and of itself. For example, you can call your business Nike AC Repair, but you can't call your shoe company Nike. I'd say a UConn basketball related brand called "The Bone Yard" seems to be an infringement, if this site is trademarked.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom