Boise St. firm of Big East | The Boneyard

Boise St. firm of Big East

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Boise State, which has been in recent talks with the Mountain West Conference about staying in the league instead of leaving next year, has reaffirmed its commitment to join the Big East, a conference official told ESPN's Joe Schad on Friday.

http://espn.go.com/college-football...firm-big-east-pledge-conference-official-says

Through all of this conference drama I've learned to wait for the teams to actually see the field (see TCU) but I still believe the money coming to the Big East is compelling to Boise St.

We all know Boise lends the Big East some credibility (until we beat them) so I'm glad to see these kinds of statements.

We'll talk again in 2013...

Reaction Score
http://espn.go.com/college-football...firm-big-east-pledge-conference-official-says

Through all of this conference drama I've learned to wait for the teams to actually see the field (see TCU) but I still believe the money coming to the Big East is compelling to Boise St.

We all know Boise lends the Big East some credibility (until we beat them) so I'm glad to see these kinds of statements.

We'll talk again in 2013...

More compelling to me is how when the rumor started about Boise St. looking elsewhere every news agency jumped at the chance to be a part of the possibility of the Big East losing yet another team. They either did their own story or linked the original rumor (even the courant jumped on board within hours of the original report). I noticed this news on the ESPN ticker last night and went looking for it from other sources. At this time it is still buried in most places, the courant hasn't addressed it yet either. Just shows negativity sells news, and so does the demise of the BE. Question that kills me is why are so many people so hell bent to see it die?

Reaction Score
The other conferences have never been able to dominate basketball like the BE - over the years. If it falls, it makes the other conferences more powerful in BB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom