Boise not coming?? | The Boneyard

Boise not coming??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This article is old news. The article just confirms that a few months ago, Boise St. had talks with the MWC to remain if the BE blew up. Since then, Boise has confirmed they are coming. They will make much more money in the BE than MWC for football. In addition, you have to have a good strength of schedule to be eligible to be a top 4 team for the potential playoffs. We can argue the strength of the BE, but the BE provides a better SOS than the MWC.

Reaction Score
If you look at that article, it's datelined April 2, & just reprinted on June 18th. Filler.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It's Observer chatting with himself. It's part of the Troll Self-Aggrandizement Syndrome (TSAS). They create a second persona to support the first one. Look for a "Well I don't normally agree with Observer, but he's could not be more right in this case post." Eventually, he'll reply to himself using the wrong handle and then disappear only to victimize a different board. Of course they sometimes come back with a new handle, but identical persona. Kind of like that stubborn weed that keeps popping up in your pavers.

Reaction Score
Nothing like the ACC troll spreading more crap.

The fact Boise showed up at the BE annual meeting while skipped the MWC meeting should tell you all you need to know. I am sure Boise is still talking to MWC about possibility of remaining there for all sports other than FB since their Olympic sports situation is not resolved yet. They are also talking to the WAC and the Big West. One of those situation will be resolved by 6/30/12.

Reaction Score
Nothing like the ACC troll spreading more crap.

The fact Boise showed up at the BE annual meeting while skipped the MWC meeting should tell you all you need to know. I am sure Boise is still talking to MWC about possibility of remaining there for all sports other than FB since their Olympic sports situation is not resolved yet. They are also talking to the WAC and the Big West. One of those situation will be resolved by 6/30/12.

Definitely, all of the stuff about Boise not coming is stuff that I have made up:

http://csnbbs.com/showthread.php?tid=575271

http://tracking.si.com/2012/06/23/boise-state-withdraw-mountain-west/?eref=twitter_feed

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
If no Boise, than no SDSU. If that's the case, forget about adding any additional western teams and live with what we have.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Everyone, stop and think for a second, please. Conference realignment has been ENTIRELY about money. It is more than safe to assume that the NBE tv contract will be at least 3 or 4 million more than anything that the MW will give Boise, and perhaps much more. So long as their olympic sports find a home, they are coming to the Big East. Period. Anyone else who thinks anything else is clowning around. Sometimes, the level of crazy around certain members of the Boneyard is astounding. :confused:

CL82

Reaction Score
Sometimes, the level of crazy around certain members of the Boneyard is astounding. :confused:
tin-foil-hat.jpg

Conspiracy Kitty says: "I know right?"

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
bsu/sdsu/smu/uh/byu//fresno/nevada school is a great west division. thats what the goal has to be, bsu is the KEY piece to that. once they come, things will happen quick.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Don't get me wrong; the Olympic sports thing is NOT yet settled. But they are working diligently to make sure that it does (by most reports, even the ones that Observer has included). They most certainly know that not only would they like the additional money, but if the newly approved playoff format includes a strength-of-schedule component as many are reporting, they have absolutely NO CHANCE of getting in through the MW. Zero. They need the Big East now more than ever. At this point it isn't a matter of desire, it's a matter of logistics...

pj

Reaction Score
They signed up for the Big East earlier, now reversing the decision would make them $5 mn worse off than before, so staying is an even easier decision now. They still get at least $3 mn, probably $5 mn, more a year in the BE than in the MW. Not a lot of choices for Olympic sports out west, so the other sports are in a tough spot, but I doubt Boise sacrifices football to improve the lot of other sports.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
thats why u do a whole west division for all sports. helps each of them out and helps the nbe.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
thats why u do a whole west division for all sports. helps each of them out and helps the nbe.
Honestly, how many all sports teams can a conference support? Having 2 10 team divisions, hardly ever playing each other in football, is absurd. We effectively killed any thought of a western division by larding on Temple and Memphis.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Honestly, how many all sports teams can a conference support? Having 2 10 team divisions, hardly ever playing each other in football, is absurd. We effectively killed any thought of a western division by larding on Temple and Memphis.

All anyone has to do is look at the WAC. They were a massive conference that just was too large. You can only split the pie so many ways before people start seeing that they can break off and make more money. It's how the MWC was born.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
football:
2 conferences, 4 divisions: East (NE, South) West (Midwest, West)
NE: Uconn, Temple, Rutgers, Navy
South: USF, UCF, SMU, Houston

Midwest: Louisvill, Memphis, Cincy, Tulsa
West: Boise, SDSU, BYU, Air Force

Play your division and 3 crossovers in other division for 6 games. Add in 2 crossover games from other conference (1 from each division). Total of 8 conference games.
Add 3 OOC for a total of 11 games.
The 12th game should match up the seeds from each divsion (#1 NE plays #1 South etc)... The winners of the 2 #1 matchup's meet in the BE Championship.
This means that even if top teams aren't scheduled to meet, they'll still have to play in the 12th game. It also means the winner of the BE Championship is riding 2 wins against hopefully Top 25 teams. That's a nice boost.

For Basketball, create an east and west division...
East: Uconn, Temple, Rutgers, USF, UCF, ND, G'town, PC, Villanova, St. John's, Seton Hall
West: SDSU, Boise, Houston, SMU, Depaul, Marquette, Cincy, Louisville, Memphis, Tulsa, Butler

Yes it's a big league... It's also hands down the best hoops conference.
I'm sure that the schedule wonks could make this work so that every school plays their division annually and the crossover at least once every other year.
Top teams will still meet in the BE tourney. Could make those matchups more memorable.

I think this could also generate enough content nationally to add incremental $'s to our current lineup... If Pitt/Syr add revenue for ACC, this could play well for BE.

pj

Reaction Score
All that's going on is a negotiation over how much the Big East will pay the Big West to defray costs of travel to Boise for its Olympic sports teams, or two other schools to join the WAC.

The deal will conclude at the last minute, because it's too complicated and too big a problem for schools not to take every available minute.

CL82

Reaction Score
There are also questions about how much money Boise State stands to gain as a member of the Big East. Though no decisions have been made on revenue distribution from a four-team playoff, it has been made clear that the Big East will not be in the top tier of money makers, the way it is now. The Big East also will be involved in television negotiations come September, and it is unclear how much of a cut the school will get.
Andrea Adelson ESPN shill.

Conspiracy Kitty won't read her column without the hat on.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
All that's going on is a negotiation over how much the Big East will pay the Big West to defray costs of travel to Boise for its Olympic sports teams, or two other schools to join the WAC.

The deal will conclude at the last minute, because it's too complicated and too big a problem for schools not to take every available minute.
A handful of the all sports BE schools should offer a couple of home and home men's hoops games to BW schools as incentive for them to open their doors for Boise St.

Reaction Score
If you saw College Football Live as I unfortunately did this afternoon it's pretty clear ESPN is protecting it's interests as usual. Let's see what happens this weekend.

Reaction Score
I'm sure Boise is holding out for an all sport invite as well. I would hope the BE has done their math to see whether adding an all sports west division wouldn't be additive to any contract with just fb only's out west (well west of Texas)...
It would certainly seem to create a more cohesive conference as a whole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom