Boise may be gone | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Boise may be gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/s...ssing-staying-mountain-west-snubbing-big-east

Here is one of the reasons why Boise is considering going to the MWC.

... And this: http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...6698/mountain-west-restructures-deal-with-cbs

Who the did we piss on??? Every way we turn it's a kick in the nads..

Edit: Just read this tweet:

Dan Wolken (@DanWolken)
12/21/12, 8:48 PM
How badly does TV want to destroy the Big East? CBS basically devalued its own deal with the MWC to make it happen.

Reaction Score
could careless at this point. I'm ready for whoever we are forced to play.

Reaction Score
Let SDSU and BSU go and just stick to a 10 team league. The more I think of it, the dumber the Tulane add looks. Just totally unnecessary gave the C7 the excuse they needed to leave.

UConn
Cincy
Temple
Memphis
ECU
Tulane
UCF
USF
UH
SMU

Reaction Score
There's a lot of good news in that article about the MWC for UConn. Apparently, all these schools are looking to retain not only 3rd tier rights, but 2nd tier as well. If that's how all the schools are playing it, UConn is going to make out well in terms of $$$. It's rights are worth more than the other schools, so this is going to mean they share less of those rights.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
this i am having trouble tin foil hat wise because its from espn. cincy and uconn expect gt and und to b10? is that just nonsense or what? even if those are the 2 next schools to the b10 who says something like that? and how does uva get left out of that group? i can't figure out the espn angle here, all of a sudent they are willing to say all those teams are leaving?

like we have talked about, the worst case is this settles out and uconn is with lville/cincy/cuse/pitt/bc/wake in a acc conf and prob a temple and some others. better than the nbe any day but you go from the worst bcs conf to the worst bcs conf but it gives us a chance to live and try to build.

scratch my head at that katz write up.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Let SDSU and BSU go and just stick to a 10 team league. The more I think of it, the dumber the Tulane add looks. Just totally unnecessary gave the C7 the excuse they needed to leave.

UConn
Cincy
Temple
Memphis
ECU
Tulane
UCF
USF
UH
SMU
What an awful conference. For some reason it just hit me how incredibly horrid our situation is moving forward.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
So once again, where the duck* is our commish and what the hell has he been doing? We've lost RU and Louisville, ok fine, no one is saying no to the B1G and one of the BE schools was going to the ACC. Then he randomly adds Tulane and ECU in a "unanimous" decision that has been exposed as anything but? The in response, the C 7 break off. Bound to happen at some point. Now there's talk that they'll be allowed to take the Big East name brand. Now the MWC has somehow managed to re-negotiate their TV deal so that Boise and SDSU can come back and make them the league to be in outside of the Top 5? So what the hell is going on in (where are the BE offices now??)??

Everyone, myself included, thought this Commish hire was a slam dunk. Well I'm completely disgusted. Why hasn't a new tv deal been finalized or close to finalized so that s*** like this MWC deal can't happen? Honestly, I think UConn and Cincy should just join the MAC. It's a stable conference and we can get some underdog love. Yeah so it stinks for Olympic Sports but whatever....(kidding with my MAC comment)

I just really don't know what is going on with some of the people in charge of UConn's athletic future. I know we can't force our way into a conference but for goodness sake. Warde? Susan? Aresco? Bueller? ANYONE?!?

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
What an awful conference. For some reason it just hit me how incredibly horrid our situation is moving forward.

Dont worry CAHUSKY. Connecticut/Cuse/bcu/Pitt/Lsvl/Cincy/Duke/Wake/USF/UCF/Temple is much more likely...

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I envision two separate all sports conferences.

Mountain West (10 teams) - Air Force, Boise St., Colorado St., Fresno St., Hawaii, Nevada, New Mexico, San Diego St., UNLV, Wyoming

Big East (10 teams) - UConn, Cinci, S. Florida, C. Florida, Temple, Memphis, Houston, SMU, Tulane, E. Carolina

Seems likely. I've never believed that any 4 time zone conference would ever be stable enough to survive

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Ok so I took my deep breath and read that article on ESPN. So based on that article am I to believe that Boise will be going back to the MWC but not SDSU?? The article said
The Mountain West has had no discussions with San Diego State, which is also scheduled to leave the conference in fall 2013, the source told ESPN.

So we're to believe that Boise would be welcomed back but not SDSU?? Or are they just a packaged deal?? Odd. I also found the quote that sources say that UConn and Cincy ultimately think they'll be in the ACC. Have I missed that thought process somewhere? Everything I keep hearing from Storrs is that UConn is committed to the BE and so forth. I know this is referring to "sources" but still...

Anyway....I knew there was a reason I stepped away from the CR Board. It keeps crushing my spirit.

Reaction Score
Sources at Cincinnati and UConn are under the impression, even if it's not known to be true yet, that the Big Ten will raid the ACC for two more schools -- North Carolina and Georgia Tech.
I want to know when these "sources" gave this info. If it was recently then why are they saying this? Could be that is the scuttlebutt behind the scenes. I maintain that we have no shot whatsoever at the B1G and would take a watered down ACC any day over what we face right now. Football would be equivalent to what we have now and basketball would still be great.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I meant playoff, not player. Edited it.

Reaction Score
Ok so I took my deep breath and read that article on ESPN. So based on that article am I to believe that Boise will be going back to the MWC but not SDSU?? The article said

So we're to believe that Boise would be welcomed back but not SDSU?? Or are they just a packaged deal?? Odd.

It's more along the lines of "San Diego State is not the team anyone's plans hinge upon."

Reaction Score
Wouldn't Boise and SDSU be on the hook for exit monies ala TCU? If so, add another 10 million to the coffers...5 a piece, right?

Reaction Score
Butch, is there a reason you're sporting a Michigan helmet? Michigan

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
With the new playoff format, it makes way more sense for Boise, Houston, SMU and SDSU to go/stay with the MWC than to join whatever's left here. It's a no-brainer.

For a MWC contract of less than $1m per year?

What are y'all thinking?

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
This is pretty consistent with reports that have come out once every couple months where it always sounded like Boise was the one having second thoughts and SDSU were the ones lobbying them to stay with the NNBE. Up till a few weeks ago the consensus seemed to be that the money was better with the NNBE period and now all of a sudden CBS is renegotiating... maybe they think NBC is about to wrap up the NNBE but they can block that via keeping Boise in the MWC.

And to the frying pan analogy of UConn and the BE --> ACC, I say it's not jumping from one frying pan to another, it's jumping from a cracked frying pan filled with flammable oil with the burner on high to a frying pan where the heat is on simmer. And the second frying pan is worth much, much more money.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
There is some weird going on here. Aztec Mesa (SDSU fan board) reporting that Boise radio said Boise AD Kustra and MW commish Thompson were meeting today in Boise and possibly announcing something tomorrow. However, multiple members posted that Kustra was confirmed to be in Las Vegas today, not Boise.

I'll tell you what; this f#$king conference realignment stuff has my head all twisted up. I'm a pretty optimistic person by design, but I am in desperate need of some good news for us, and fast. With losing coaches, recruits, conference mates, and money, I just don't know when the tsunami will stop...

zls44

Reaction Score
For a MWC contract of less than $1m per year?

What are y'all thinking?

If a significant amount of the $1 million is spent on travel and logistics?

Hey, how about the rampant hypocrisy of the Boise/SDSU situation on this very board? Almost everyone screams "NO PARTIAL MEMBERS! ALL SPORTS ONLY, ANYTHING ELSE BREEDS INSTABILITY!"

Yet Boise is considering going to an all-sports conference in their geographic footprint instead of a FB-only amalgamation that exists largely outside of their region, and people on here wonder why they would ever dream of them doing such a thing.

Reaction Score
I don't scream that.

For some, this is very much like trying to do transactions in the last few years. Nothing is easy. If you get into these hangups on (i.) Must be all-sports; (ii.) we can't be associated with a University like that academicially; (iii.) That's too far to travel; (iv.) we should never have gone Football. Well ... we are there: Sunk costs. What is the best way forward?

I feel for Mike Aresco; but, I am really hanging on his 25 years of relationships being better for us than Marinatto. With CBS. With NBS. And with ESPN. We have an Empty Building here ... and how are we going to get something that makes sense to move forward.

I understand the alternative for Boneyard fans. We just watched the Cuse fans yearn for salvation from 2003-2011. That's a long f----ing time. My charge to anyone like Aresco: Be Bold. You have Demand for Content. You might see a Consortium situation with MWC. And, I want to see something that improved our Basketball prospects. (pay more than the C-7)

Warde Manual? I vote No Confidence.

zls44

Reaction Score
I think that more of these mid-major conferences should actually collaborate together and pool their rights as one TV deal. It's a stronger way to provide content than to go out on their own IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom