Boise may be gone | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Boise may be gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think that more of these mid-major conferences should actually collaborate together and pool their rights as one TV deal. It's a stronger way to provide content than to go out on their own IMO.

Totally AGREE.

So you have 5 Conferences at 64 Universities. ESPN with a dominant position ... talking smack on everything below. Excepting the SEC, most all of those On-the-Field production is NOT significantly better than Cincinnati, Boise, UCF. One Big Group (hate to say ... but you take out the Sunbelt, MAC, etc) has most big market- urban cities. That 22-27 Grouping can have 19-23 of the 60 Biggest Markets, I think only Boise (at like 125) & East Carolina (at 100) were beyond 60 as I looked through this recently. Then, Wyoming, (maybe) Colorado State, Hawaii. That, I think, is your POWER.

For sh-ts & giggles, Iwould (*personally) pull in a few Hoop schools that you can grab over the C-7. maybe a Dayton & VCU.

I don't know what you get in aggregate dollars per University. But, you still have several bidders & it can be done with some good regional networks for Comcast Sports or Fox Sports.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I think that more of these mid-major conferences should actually collaborate together and pool their rights as one TV deal. It's a stronger way to provide content than to go out on their own IMO.
Well are you including us in the mid-major conferences? Because if you are, then that scenario screws us royally since we're the big dog.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
This is pretty consistent with reports that have come out once every couple months where it always sounded like Boise was the one having second thoughts and SDSU were the ones lobbying them to stay with the NNBE. Up till a few weeks ago the consensus seemed to be that the money was better with the NNBE period and now all of a sudden CBS is renegotiating... maybe they think NBC is about to wrap up the NNBE but they can block that via keeping Boise in the MWC.

And to the frying pan analogy of UConn and the BE --> ACC, I say it's not jumping from one frying pan to another, it's jumping from a cracked frying pan filled with flammable oil with the burner on high to a frying pan where the heat is on simmer. And the second frying pan is worth much, much more money.

You just drove HFD to another case of PBR with this one...hope both of his girlfriends are thirsty....

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
There is some weird going on here. Aztec Mesa (SDSU fan board) reporting that Boise radio said Boise AD Kustra and MW commish Thompson were meeting today in Boise and possibly announcing something tomorrow. However, multiple members posted that Kustra was confirmed to be in Las Vegas today, not Boise.

I'll tell you what; this f#$king conference realignment stuff has my head all twisted up. I'm a pretty optimistic person by design, but I am in desperate need of some good news for us, and fast. With losing coaches, recruits, conference mates, and money, I just don't know when the tsunami will stop...

Probably should plan on clinging to the top of your tree perch for about another 10-18 months...the surf should recede by then...KO will have his contract, PP and/or the Rock Star will have existed stage left, and Connecticut will be back in the old BE / new acc for 2-5 years while Herbst begs the AAU to facilitate Connecticut as the B1G's 20th member.

Reaction Score
Guess we should stop depending on the Big East. Should have put the national conference together... Without the dead weight.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Guess we should stop depending on the Big East. Should have put the national conference together... Without the dead weight.

National conferences do not work. They are never going to work. Regionality matters. All we can do is build the best 10 team eastern/midwestern all sports conference we can.

The western schools are staying. There isn't any money here.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Well are you including us in the mid-major conferences? Because if you are, then that scenario screws us royally since we're the big dog.

Is there any scenario yet that hasn't screwed us?

Reaction Score
how frustrating is it that Uconn is not wanted by the ACC, yet nobdy will partner with uconn because everyone is certain Uconn is going to the ACC.

Reaction Score
Is there any scenario yet that hasn't screwed us?
Uconn to the BIG wouldn't screw us but I wouldn't buy that lotto ticket. If there is another scenario that doesn't screw us, I don't know what it is.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Interesting development here:

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/s...oncos-retain-home-tv-rights-according-sources

Boise is pitting the MWC vs the BE. Whoever lets Boise keep their home game TV revenue wins. Kind of makes me hope Boise gets royally duck*ed over by some tv network when they promise a lucrative home tv deal, only to lock them into something that halts their possible move to a big boy conference. I can't imagine a tv network would be too keen to allow Boise to just up and move all their home games to a different network should they accept an invite to the Big-12 in a few years....Always a new wrinkle appearing in CR Game. Currently NO team in a FBS conference owns the rights to their home game TV revenue.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/s...oncos-retain-home-tv-rights-according-sources

Boise is pitting the MWC vs the BE. Whoever lets Boise keep their home game TV revenue wins. Kind of makes me hope Boise gets royally duck*ed over by some tv network when they promise a lucrative home tv deal, only to lock them into something that halts their possible move to a big boy conference. I can't imagine a tv network would be too keen to allow Boise to just up and move all their home games to a different network should they accept an invite to the Big-12 in a few years....Always a new wrinkle appearing in CR Game. Currently NO team in a FBS conference owns the rights to their home game TV revenue.

I saw this too, and it left a somewhat bad taste in my mouth.

But here's the thing; the Mountain West with only half of Boise State's games (the away games)....what is that worth??? Right now, they are getting 1 million per team per year with ALL of Boise State's games. The idea was that Boise would be able to increase money for the Big East because they would be playing in bigger markets and against opponents like Cincy, UConn, and USF. As nervous as I would be as the Big East right now, I don't think that I could budge on this one. We are fighting for incremental value that makes us better than the MAC and C-USA. If we give away 6 of the games, there may be no reason left to not join those types of conferences ourselves...

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
I saw this too, and it left a somewhat bad taste in my mouth.

But here's the thing; the Mountain West with only half of Boise State's games (the away games)....what is that worth??? Right now, they are getting 1 million per team per year with ALL of Boise State's games. The idea was that Boise would be able to increase money for the Big East because they would be playing in bigger markets and against opponents like Cincy, UConn, and USF. As nervous as I would be as the Big East right now, I don't think that I could budge on this one. We are fighting for incremental value that makes us better than the MAC and C-USA. If we give away 6 of the games, there may be no reason left to not join those types of conferences ourselves...

I agree that the MWC is not worth as much but I guess you need to do a comparison and ask how much is the BE really worth with half of Boise's games? I guess the BE adds the bball aspect more so than the MWC but by how much anymore? UConn, Cincy, Memphis, Temple vs SDSU, UNLV, New Mexico, ummm Nevada? Quick glance says it's a no brainer that we are better but overall...I dunno. Maybe I'm overthinking this but I can't imagine the BE really offers that much more than the MWC does. Outside of UConn, who's taken a big PR hit in bball, and Cincy, who is really that great in bball in the NNNNNBE? I really dunno.... Who the heck knows. All this crap is just mindnumbing....

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
If the Big east takes SDSU, Fresno, New Mexico and UNLV, Boise's home schedule loses a lot of value. How much will any network pay for Idaho, Wyoming and NMSU at Boise?

This may all be a mountain out of a molehill. I suspect that all the leagues are pricing out all the alternatives with the networks.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I agree that the MWC is not worth as much but I guess you need to do a comparison and ask how much is the BE really worth with half of Boise's games? I guess the BE adds the bball aspect more so than the MWC but by how much anymore? UConn, Cincy, Memphis, Temple vs SDSU, UNLV, New Mexico, ummm Nevada? Quick glance says it's a no brainer that we are better but overall...I dunno. Maybe I'm overthinking this but I can't imagine the BE really offers that much more than the MWC does. Outside of UConn, who's taken a big PR hit in bball, and Cincy, who is really that great in bball in the NNNNNBE? I really dunno.... Who the heck knows. All this crap is just mindnumbing....

Boise is vastly overrated. It's a horrible university with no appeal anywhere. Already they are outside of the top 20 caliber programs and will only decline. Once Peterson leaves, they essentially become Wyoming, with much worse academics and basketball. They are playing a hand that they know won't last much longer. No conference with any forward thinking leadership wants to touch Boise St. Our conference certainly shouldn't do anything special for them.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Boise is vastly overrated. It's a horrible university with no appeal anywhere. Already they are outside of the top 20 caliber programs and will only decline. Once Peterson leaves, they essentially become Wyoming, with much worse academics and basketball. They are playing a hand that they know won't last much longer. No conference with any forward thinking leadership wants to touch Boise St. Our conference certainly shouldn't do anything special for them.

While I agree that it is (i) a terrible school and (ii) we shouldn't make any special financial deals with them, im not sure why you wouldn't think they could continue to thrive. Their recruiting is vastly improved over past years and they have sustained success through three head coaches. All indicators are that they will remain at a top 20 level for the foreseeable future.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
It is worth noting that very few of the regular posters on the Boise Scout Realignment board think Boise going back to the MWC is realistic. they don't necessarily have inside information, but are just doing the same assessment as everyone else: why would Boise go back to that league when they can make a new one from scratch?

Reaction Score
I dont think Boise will be a terrible school forever. Boise "the city" is growing and becoming more affluent. They have great fans and every time they lose a coach, whether it is Koetter or Hawkins, they just promote within. They have great resilience.

You guys want to talk about a school that is really awful. Look no further than Memphis.

Tulane is a great school, but nobody could give a crap!

Reaction Score
If BSU gets its own TV deal, shouldn't UConn get the same option? If we can get $1.5 Million for womens basketball, I'm sure we could get another $3-4 million between mens basketball and football.

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
If BSU gets its own TV deal, shouldn't UConn get the same option? If we can get $1.5 Million for womens basketball, I'm sure we could get another $3-4 million between mens basketball and football.
I was wondering this as well. However, I wonder how it affects how a conference invite might happen. Could UConn just end the tv deal if they go to the ACC? I don't know. Also keep in mind, this is only for home fb games. Not every sport.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
I was wondering this as well. However, I wonder how it affects how a conference invite might happen. Could UConn just end the tv deal if they go to the ACC? I don't know. Also keep in mind, this is only for home fb games. Not every sport.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Everything is negotiable.

Reaction Score

I think this is good for UConn. UConn stands to gain as much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom