Boise -33 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Boise -33

Reaction Score
I rarely recall feeling a UConn squad had no chance in any game until this year. The boys stand zero chance with the D they have.

Reaction Score
There's only one way to look at this game, and I hope it is exactly the way that the UConn football team is looking at it. Nobody expects them to win, which means they have nothing to lose. They are playing with house money in this game.

Furthermore, if they were to win the game, it would be season-defining. It would turn our fortunes around in one night. So let's go punche them in the potato-growing mouths...
Everyone in this thread is forgetting that Boise State is not nearly as quick or deep a team as UCF is. Against UCF Pindell had several nice runs but was eventually run down, against Boise I'm thinking he breaks two or three for huge gains or TD's. Same for Mensah and the other running backs, as well as Dixon on kick offs and punts. My big worry is Boise trying to pick apart the secondary, but again this is where Boise is again slower against our pass rush than UCF was. Boise's OL is big but slow, which means we need to take risks with single coverage and blitz on occasion to keep them honest. If blitzing works, at worst we get a sack at best a throw attempt under pressure results in a pick or QB fumble. If Crocker remains Crocker we're screwed, if he realizes he needs to take some risks, then we can play them toe to toe. Boise by 7 at the half, final score Boise 34 UConn 27. If we didn't learn anything from last week then 56-21.

Last edited:

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Everyone in this thread is forgetting that Boise State is not nearly as quick or deep a team as UCF is. Against UCF Pindell had several nice runs but was eventually run down, against Boise I'm thinking he breaks two or three for huge gains or TD's. Same for Mensah and the other running backs, as well as Dixon on kick offs and punts. My big worry is Boise trying to pick apart the secondary, but again this is where Boise is again slower against our pass rush than UCF was. Boise's OL is big but slow, which means we need to take risks with single coverage and blitz on occasion to keep them honest. If blitzing works, at worst we get a sack at best a throw attempt under pressure results in a pick or QB fumble. If Crocker remains Crocker we're screwed, if he realizes he needs to take some risks, then we can play them toe to toe. Boise by 7 at the half, final score Boise 34 UConn 27. If we didn't learn anything from last week then 56-21.

"If Crocker remains Crocker, we're screwed..."

I almost choked on my a.m. coffee when I read that.

Sadly, I'm afraid he will, which means we're gonna get Crockered.

Reaction Score
You don’t really get the point. Covering 33.5 is essentially a coinflip. The problem is being 33.5 underdogs.
Not sure what the real problem is here. It’s a simple educated guess by Vegas that’s taking into account the youth across the board with UConn and how they played defensively against UCF. The only true problem is if those kids in that locker room approach this game feeling like doom and gloom.
Last I checked all of these freshman have only lost one college football game. The sophomores are 3-10, etc (you get the point). Hopefully they’re preparing hard during film, practice and doing their hw and studying for any upcoming quizzes for school. The rest always takes care of itself-win or lose.
Ah, the beauty of sport my friends- runs a distinct parallel to life. Continue to work hard through adversity no matter the result. Even goes for fandom. Win or lose continue to be optimistic even during the bleakest of times. It’s what I expect from our team- so I hold myself to the same standard. So much more refreshing from this vantage point!
It’s the game within the game.
Go Huskies!

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
You guys crazy. UCONN by 10.
You're wearing Nostical's glasses.
rose-glasses.jpg

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I’m going to make a Nostical statement here—I’m so confident we will lose and not hit the spread, that I will drop out of seminary and become an atheist if we cover
Putting your faith on the line for this? I’m beginning to think you’re Chief Bot 3.0 and I’m interacting in a message board equivalant to Westworld.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
You don’t really get the point. Covering 33.5 is essentially a coinflip. The problem is being 33.5 underdogs.
The other problem is the doubters have a way better record.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
FWIW, Troy closed +8.5 at home vs Boise (so figure +14.5 @ Boise).

Granted, it’s not apples to apples — it was the first game, no one had seen anything, etc. But let that sink in — Troy was +8.5 and we are +33.5.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
FWIW, Troy closed +8.5 at home vs Boise (so figure +14.5 @ Boise).

Granted, it’s not apples to apples — it was the first game, no one had seen anything, etc. But let that sink in — Troy was +8.5 and we are +33.5.

Troy is a legit G5 team this year. I get that they aren’t a big name but they were expected to compete vs Boise. Lots of those sun belt teams are good this year...arky state and UAB should also be good

Reaction Score
Troy is a legit G5 team this year. I get that they aren’t a big name but they were expected to compete vs Boise. Lots of those sun belt teams are good this year...arky state and UAB should also be good

Check out the spread for ArkState for next week...

Reaction Score
"If Crocker remains Crocker, we're screwed..."

I almost choked on my a.m. coffee when I read that.

Sadly, I'm afraid he will, which means we're gonna get Crockered.
Crocker isn't Crocker only if Edsall tells him otherwise, which probably has happened already.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'm looking at this like a horse race. A horse (team) usually improves significantly it's 2nd time out of the gate. This line looks like it's saying UConn will show no improvement.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I’m going to make a Nostical statement here—I’m so confident we will lose and not hit the spread, that I will drop out of seminary and become an atheist if we cover

A good fan doesn't go around predicting his team is going to get crushed. Let the haters kill your team.

Reaction Score
A good fan doesn't go around predicting his team is going to get crushed. Let the haters kill your team.

I just hope Uconn plays to win and not protect the score. Edsal has done that before and we ended up getting crushed.

Reaction Score
There's only one way to look at this game, and I hope it is exactly the way that the UConn football team is looking at it. Nobody expects them to win, which means they have nothing to lose. They are playing with house money in this game.

Furthermore, if they were to win the game, it would be season-defining. It would turn our fortunes around in one night. So let's go punche them in the potato-growing mouths...

Winning this game would be PROGRAM-defining. Pindell would have to run for throw for 250 and run for 250 in order to pull it off, and it would still be close.

Reaction Score

Few things. Boise is more quick, and by far more deep than UCF. Especially on defense. The O-Line for Boise, as well as the RB’s & TE’s are tremendous at pass blocking. To be honest, their run blocking is not as great, but they have some ballers at RB that have to be respected regardless. If a team over compensates for the run game, they will get torched in the pass game, because Boise’s QB is legit and will pick apart defenses. Blitzing isn’t a great idea unless it can be disguised really, really well, because Rypien, the current active leader in passing yards, as a senior that’s seen it all will see it and capitalize on it. UConn has to keep Boise’s defense on the field as long as possible (and even that is a double edged sword, as the defense might just be the most dangerous unit), win turnovers, keep field position and force mistakes on special teams, if they want to try and keep it close. In addition, Boise has Oklahoma State next weekend so this has trap game written all over it. That said, it’s Boise’s home opener and it only takes one look at their home record to see how hard it is to win there, especially when they believe they’re on a mission.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom