Bogus Brimah fouls | The Boneyard

Bogus Brimah fouls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Nobody gets screwed by the refs more than this guy. Foul call on a clean block. And The Ducks player flopped on that screen which would have been a Jalen Adams 3 pointer - so frustrating

Those 2 were awful calls. Dorsey acted out the screen which he moved a little on but everyone does all the time and never gets that called. But he has stupid too, the one he pushed Dorsey on the weak side was his rebound anyway if he wanted it either work harder to get around or just stick the knee and thigh in his back without extended arms, you win - bound and dunk!

Reaction Score
Nobody gets screwed by the refs more than this guy. Foul call on a clean block. And The Ducks player flopped on that screen which would have been a Jalen Adams 3 pointer - so frustrating
Not to mention that made 3 would have made it a 5 point game with plenty of time left. Bad enough we have our best players going down, and we have to try and overcome a very suspect coaching staff, but having the whistle go against us at such a critical moment certainly didn't help the mountain we were trying to climb.

Reaction Score
That wasn't a flop and he moved on the previous play too. The guy has no idea how to play basketball. Tired of hearing that every single game officials screw him over.

I mean, at some point isn't it on him. He': awful.

Reaction Score
Not to mention that made 3 would have made it a 5 point game with plenty of time left. Bad enough we have our best players going down, and we have to try and overcome a very suspect coaching staff, but having the whistle go against us at such a critical moment certainly didn't help the mountain we were trying to climb.

That 3 would have left that suspect ball handling team a bit more scared it it counted. Horrible call, tough timing.

Reaction Score
That wasn't a flop and he moved on the previous play too. The guy has no idea how to play basketball. Tired of hearing that every single game officials screw him over.

Imagine mau coming to AB's rescue?

Get over the fact he's not always been good and take the blindfold off, the kid played a really good game today and that was a suspect call at crunch time. Did he move a little? Hell yeah but the act by Dorsey was like he got hit with a bazooka and sold it to the stiff in stripes. A horrible call and undeserving.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Honestly, AB's awkwardness works to his detriment. He doesn't look natural on the basketball court, so when he's involved in any semi-contact situation, he gets screwed by the officials because he's so lanky and awkward.

That's not an excuse... those 2 calls were atrocious and the second one was a back-breaking call.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score

He was rock solid still in that screen. I couldn't see Dorsey's flop but from 25 feet away AB did not move!

Reaction Score
Agreed - just a horrible call. He may have moved slightly but that happens all the time. The problem was at the guy
went down like he was hit by Joe Frazier and the ref took the bate. It is too bad, while Amida is not the perfect player
by any means, he works his but off and can't seem to buy a call and always gets called for hands on people, which by the way
is what every big guy does. The thug on the other team pushed Amida when he went down with TWO hands clear as day
and did not get called. Thought the refs in general were calling way to many touch fouls the entire tournament.

Reaction Score
It looked like he moved on TV and the minute the whistle blew I said moving screen to my son before the call.

A previous play or 2 it looked like he did and no call. No one questions his effort, he just has zero understanding of basic basketball principles after 4 years here

He was rock solid still in that screen. I couldn't see Dorsey's flop but from 25 feet away AB did not move!

Reaction Score
Agreed - just a horrible call. He may have moved slightly but that happens all the time. The problem was at the guy
went down like he was hit by Joe Frazier and the ref took the bate. It is too bad, while Amida is not the perfect player
by any means, he works his but off and can't seem to buy a call and always gets called for hands on people, which by the way
is what every big guy does. The thug on the other team pushed Amida when he went down with TWO hands clear as day
and did not get called. Thought the refs in general were calling way to many touch fouls the entire tournament.

It doesn't help that the NCAA tinkers with the rules and changes "areas of emphasis" every year. I think it takes a while for both the refs and the players to adjust if they adjust at all.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
I concur about those atrocious calls on Amida. I am positive you realize that these bogus calls have been following him through out out his years. Actually. it seemed that all UConn bigs have fallen prey to the Ref's (15 seconds) of fame whistle. Even Walton has commented on the calls on our pups. You cannot blame the lose on the ref's, however it does change the tune a bit. Like Ollie taking him out.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
It doesn't help that the NCAA tinkers with the rules and changes "areas of emphasis" every year. I think it takes a while for both the refs and the players to adjust if they adjust at all.
I was about to type the same. Too many rule changes. You have to watch the "elbow to the grille move". Whatever happened to let them play. I guess that happens in March-April during tournament time.

Reaction Score
Actually often the moving screens on our bigs are due to Jalen or the guard who has the ball using the screen too early before the big gets set. They are usually running up from the baseline to set the high screen and the PG needs to wait until they stop then make their move. If they don't wait which is often the case, the call will go against the big, but it is really not there fault.

Reaction Score
It looked like he moved on TV and the minute the whistle blew I said moving screen to my son before the call.

A previous play or 2 it looked like he did and no call. No one questions his effort, he just has zero understanding of basic basketball principles after 4 years here
You two have that in common.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score

Man are you just miserable or what.

Sorry the two calls in question were terrible and the bad calls are called more now than I have seen in the past forty years of watching UConn. The refs are anticapating a number of calls early this season

Reaction Score
This is where Ollie's passive reaction to bad calls hurts the team.

He needs to get on the refs early on the first half. Calhoun would never stand for this crap.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score

At least one of us is witnessing their all time favorite UConn basketball season.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Brimah gets too many moving screen calls whether he is at fault or not. This limits his defensive presence. Someone else needs to step out and set some screens.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Imagine mau coming to AB's rescue?

Get over the fact he's not always been good and take the blindfold off, the kid played a really good game today and that was a suspect call at crunch time. Did he move a little? Hell yeah but the act by Dorsey was like he got hit with a bazooka and sold it to the stiff in stripes. A horrible call and undeserving.

I always understood the tough but fair evaluation of AB from Mau vs from the pure haters.

Reaction Score
Actually often the moving screens on our bigs are due to Jalen or the guard who has the ball using the screen too early before the big gets set. They are usually running up from the baseline to set the high screen and the PG needs to wait until they stop then make their move. If they don't wait which is often the case, the call will go against the big, but it is really not there fault.

The bigs rarely keep their spot on top, leak way too early most of the time. But this time he stayed and got robed only with slight movement which is never called.

Reaction Score
I always understood the tough but fair evaluation of AB from Mau vs from the pure haters.

I seriously have tried, thank you. Not always right for sure, not always wrong. He is what he is although I like what we've seen the last 4. No biggie though I have thick skin!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
that is why big men leave the college game early, for the NBA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom