Bogarts hitting style | The Boneyard

Bogarts hitting style

Reaction Score
I absolutely hate the way the guys hits. He doesn't swing the bat he casts the bat at the ball with little power. Hits a lot weak line drives and pops to RF. And it isn't as much about pitch location as it is about his basic approach. Fortunately for the Sox he is a good enough athlete that he can drop some hits in but he shows no power. Then very once in awhile he'll turn on 1 just to prove critics wrong. He is frustrating to watch.
He needs to approach at bats with the thought of driving the ball and lose this bat flick strategy.

Reaction Score
I absolutely hate the way the guys hits. He doesn't swing the bat he casts the bat at the ball with little power. Hits a lot weak line drives and pops to RF. And it isn't as much about pitch location as it is about his basic approach. Fortunately for the Sox he is a good enough athlete that he can drop some hits in but he shows no power. Then very once in awhile he'll turn on 1 just to prove critics wrong. He is frustrating to watch.
He needs to approach at bats with the thought of driving the ball and lose this bat flick strategy.

Yanks won a lot of games for a lot of years with a similar type of SS. A little frustrate this year as he should be a .300 hitter but has had injuries and such no?

Reaction Score
Yanks won a lot of games for a lot of years with a similar type of SS. A little frustrate this year as he should be a .300 hitter but has had injuries and such no?
Yes he has had injuries and that has had something to do with his production but what bothers me is his hitting approach. Jeter would drive the ball in the alleys so he went opposite way with some power. Bogarts doesn't look like Jeter at all but I see your point. He flicks the bat at the ball.
I could see if Bogarts was going opposite way on breaking pitches to keep his hands back but he doesn't do that either.

Reaction Score
I think the real problem is John going with Barnes/Hembree in key situations despite both being horrible in high leverage situations especially on the road. Workman and Reed NEED to be the guys. Farrell is so inept at bullpen management it's criminal.

Reaction Score
The dude sucks. He's awful, please just go. He is a terrible defensive player, has no power and suddenly is a .240 hitter.

He sucks. He's done as a Sox.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom