Boeing Brown | The Boneyard

Boeing Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The senior QB, who is rumored to have more then 20 D1 schools interested, but no offers, is no longer the starting QB at Brookfield. Junior signal caller, Brad Westmark (5'10/175) has taken over as QB for Brookfield. Brown, who is considered the teams best athlete, will be used in a variety of position. Brookfield opened SWC play today against Stratford. Westmark has 2 TD passes as Brookfield holds a 12-6 lead at the half.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Shared this info with a few people via private message last week. I didn't want to post because I know Boeing and he's a really nice young man. I was afraid he might take some serious heat here so I didn't post. If I did, I don't think I could have done it as honestly and fairly as you just did. Well done.

pj

Reaction Score
It's a good move for him. He wasn't getting recruited as a QB. It's good for him to showcase what he can do as an athlete.

Reaction Score
Feel bad for Boeing Brown. But this goes to show you how much recruiting ratings mean sometimes. Last spring he was considered a big time recruit ( based on recruiting site info), and in the fall he is the backup QB on his high school team. Wish him all the best. I hope he gets the chance to play at the next level, if that is his dream.

Reaction Score
Good example of why the recruiting sites are often a pile of BS. Also a good example of why all of the recruiting exposure can often be unfair to these kids. If you have the athletic ability to play at this level it will show. Go to the camps and knock people on their ass and you will get recruited.

Faulty stats and a bunch of bluster on the internet doesn't serve anyone.....especially the kids.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Interesting. Hope things work out for the guy. And I hope he has good people around him.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Not saying this is a cause or anything, but there has been a rift between the Brookfield coaching staff and the Brown family for a couple years now. The kid has had a really tough time dealing with the coach (again, don't know who's at fault), and is just trying to be a team player. He's gotta be crushed.

Reaction Score
Not saying this is a cause or anything, but there has been a rift between the Brookfield coaching staff and the Brown family for a couple years now. The kid has had a really tough time dealing with the coach (again, don't know who's at fault), and is just trying to be a team player. He's gotta be crushed.

Don't know if that's true or not but.......I find it hard to believe that the coach would bench the kid because of that. It sounds like his replacement is a player (not sure if he's a D1 player). Probably just got beaten out. I think a lot of the hype surrounding this kid was self promotion.

Reaction Score
Too much hype can be a negative and lead to unrealistic expectations. If your that good go to the camps and let your ability do the talking for you. All the "why hasn't UConn and coach P offered yet?" , looks kind of silly now, no?

Reaction Score
Too much hype can be a negative and lead to unrealistic expectations. If your that good go to the camps and let your ability do the talking for you. All the "why hasn't UConn and coach P offered yet?" , looks kind of silly now, no?

Must not look silly. Otherwise, someone would have come on the board and talked about how wrong they were to raise that question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom