Boeheim dig at Calhoun in post game presser? | The Boneyard

Boeheim dig at Calhoun in post game presser?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Did anybody else see the Boeheim post game press conference on ESPN? He addressed the issue of retirement and said something to the effect of "I will never tell you im going to think about it and get back to you because I dont think thats how you should do it and I dont think thats good for the program."

Reaction Score
Did anybody else see the Boeheim post game press conference on ESPN? He addressed the issue of retirement and said something to the effect of "I will never tell you im going to think about it and get back to you because I dont think thats how you should do it and I dont think thats good for the program."

I dont get how that has anything to do with Calhoun. I dont like Boeheim but lets calm down a little bit.

Reaction Score
Yeah I noticed. He is trying to make himself look better than Calhoun. However he knows how people perceive his coaching compared to Calhoun's. Calhoun 3NCs in 4ff, Boeheim 1NC in 4ff. That is a huge difference regardless of overall win totals. Calhoun is at a different level without question.

caw

Reaction Score
I dont get how that has anything to do with Calhoun. I dont like Boeheim but lets calm down a little bit.

If it was quoted accurately, complete dig at Calhoun because Calhoun pretty much said that every year for the past few seasons, that he would think about it and get back to the reporter. Also a dig at Dean Smith, considering Dean told Calhoun to do just that.

Did Boeheim actually answer the question? If not, that is some amazing evasion.

Reaction Score
Calhoun DID win a national championship in his second to last season....

Reaction Score
I have a feeling Calhoun doesn't give a **** what Boeheim says, and he shouldn't. When it comes to the all-time coaching pedestal, the two are in completely different universes.

Plus, Calhoun's piss would do a better job coaching in big games than Jimmy B.

caw

Reaction Score
I'm still curious if Boeheim actually said "Yes/No" to the question, if not he's being more than a bit idiotic.

Reaction Score
If it was quoted accurately, complete dig at Calhoun because Calhoun pretty much said that every year for the past few seasons, that he would think about it and get back to the reporter. Also a dig at Dean Smith, considering Dean told Calhoun to do just that.

Here's the quote in a USA Today story:

"And I don't want anybody to be thinking, like I don't want to ever say, I'll think about it and tell you later. I'll never do that. I'll never do that. I think that's not the way to do it for the program, and I wouldn't do that."

http://m.usatoday.com/article/news/2060223

Reaction Score
yes planning to return. But, what if NCAA comes back with something, or what if Syracuse prez say enuff? Time for change? Who cares? Not in AAC.

Reaction Score
I think the sands of time have finally run out for Jimmy B.

Reaction Score
He should come back and spend his last few years coaching a team that will be banned from the post season for the next 3 years or so if half of what we are hearing is true. Try getting kids to come play zone for you in the ACC if you have no post season and are down a few ships because of penalties.

Sounds like fun- hope the Quse fans and JB enjoy the sinking ship. Sucks to be a Quse fan about now.

Reaction Score
People said all this about us last year to be fair, i think we did Ok this year. Oh and we are serious contenders next year. Not that the two programs are on the same level. Cuse really might just sink into PC/BC mediocrity.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
So if I understand correctly, Boeheim is going to think about it and tell us the answer later.

Reaction Score
Not sure what the fuss is about. I really doubt Calhoun was on his mind immediately after losing a final four game. But even so, so what?

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Boeheim"s health isn't an issue. He has mentioned retiring in the past. That's different than the implication he's being forced to retire due to a culmination of scandals. Like it or not Boeheim is going to get the Lute Olsen and Jim Calhoun treatment in the press every month until he retires. No one wants him dying in office.

Reaction Score
Honestly. despite Boeheim acting like a jerk, he shouldn't retire for coaching reasons. He is doing great by average standards. No, he isn't Jim Calhoun or Coack K or even Roy Williams, but he is still good.

I only see him quitting if he is getting administrative pressure or a big exposé is about to hit and ruin him anyway.

caw

Reaction Score
Here's the quote in a USA Today story:

"And I don't want anybody to be thinking, like I don't want to ever say, I'll think about it and tell you later. I'll never do that. I'll never do that. I think that's not the way to do it for the program, and I wouldn't do that."

http://m.usatoday.com/article/news/2060223

Well he hedged that statement about him coming back quite a bit.

Reaction Score
"The only reason that I would not coach next year is because I didn't feel I could do a good job or wanted to do it, and I have no feeling at all now that that will be the case. Usually right now I would have that feeling. If I don't have it now, I'm not going to have it in September."

:confused:

So, are you coming back or not?

Reaction Score

You are absolutely correct. I felt on seeing the presser that it was a dig at JC too. But, JC said that was advice from Dean Smith and he would evaluate every year like Dean. Both HOF coaches and probably the right thing to do late in your career, although it might have hurt recruiting. If a recruit wanted to play for JC only, he would probably be given a release if he left anyway though, so minimal impact on recruiting I would guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom