Body fouls ? | The Boneyard

Body fouls ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
How many body slams are we going to see in this tournament before one of our " crack " announcers mentions it ? At least on the men' s side , the other day, they had the guts to discusss it and how it is changing the game !

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Whistles blow - "Officials just want it to be about them"
Whistles don't blow - "When are the officials going to call the fouls"

:cool:

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I do think the officiating in the lane is pretty poor, but I am not sure how much more needs to be done. Post play involves body contact and you can't call everything, but I do think officials are extremely tick tack with anything from shoulder to hand, or with a hand on the hip, but completely ignore significant body displacement on shooters and rebounders. And when they do call it, it is so inconsistent no one knows when it will be called.

Reaction Score
Whistles blow - "Officials just want it to be about them"
Whistles don't blow - "When are the officials going to call the fouls"

:cool:
You obviously did not see the commenrary on this topic before the uconn men's game friday.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
They let enormous body contact go in the lane all game. They seamed to call it relatively the same. It hurt us more. Steph got slammed in the body and her off arm hard every shot near the hoop - most with no call. There was no way she could have made a shot down low. I watched every attempt in slow motion and saw what I thought I saw. I saw contact not called on us as well. Then they ruin the game with touches on the perimeter. I don't really get it- but that officiating needs to be adjusted to quickly.

Reaction Score
The real problem as in the Tennessee-Maryland game is the post players get hammered inside then you have people like Jones, and Simmons of Tennessee put their head down drive into the lane, get bailed out on a ticky-tac foul. I understand the push for freedom of movement outside, but when post play is called one way, then guards diving into the lane, shouldn't be bailed out for making a poor play.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Exa
The real problem as in the Tennessee-Maryland game is the post players get hammered inside then you have people like Jones, and Simmons of Tennessee put their head down drive into the lane, get bailed out on a ticky-tac foul. I understand the push for freedom of movement outside, but when post play is called one way, then guards diving into the lane, shouldn't be bailed out for making a poor play.
exactly- if you want to allow movement and offense - call the real fouls. I hate when out of control guards get bailed out barging into traffic when there was no room to begin with!

Reaction Score
Exa

exactly- if you want to allow movement and offense - call the real fouls. I hate when out of control guards get bailed out barging into traffic when there was no room to begin with!
Yes putting your head down, and running into someone in the lane, counting on the Ref's to blow the whistle, is not basketball. Once your in the lane call it like post play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom