Bobcats Trying To Hold on with 3 Huskies | The Boneyard

Bobcats Trying To Hold on with 3 Huskies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Up nine (82-73) with 2:43 left. Kemba, BG and Adrien have played basically the whole fourth. Adrien has come up huge with 9 pts, 10 rebs and a key block and charge late for stops. Kemba has 16-7-6 and Ben has 15.

Hoping they hold on - they need a W in the worst way.

Reaction Score
Bobcats hold on for the win, 91-81. Kemba finishes with 18 points, 8 rebounds, 6 assists, 4 steals and 2 blocks. I think he got the team water also! Ben goes for 15 points and Jeff finishes with 9 points, 10 rebounds and 3 blocks.

What's with the DNP Coach's Decision for Kidd-Gilchrist?

U

UCONNfan1

Many good things about that, but the best for me was seeing Adrien drop 9 points and 10 boards on them. Good for Jeff. Guy has worked his ass off in the D league to earn a chance in the bigs. Hope he makes the most of it...

Reaction Score
Bobcats hold on for the win, 91-81. Kemba finishes with 18 points, 8 rebounds, 6 assists, 4 steals and 2 blocks. I think he got the team water also! Ben goes for 15 points and Jeff finishes with 9 points, 10 rebounds and 3 blocks.

What's with the DNP Coach's Decision for Kidd-Gilchrist?

MKG was hurt the other day on a freak injury on a scramble on the floor - got kneed in the eye and tried to play with goggles, but was ineffective. I'm sure it was a DNP-inj. Or if it was a Coach's Decision, it was a technicality - he might have been medically cleared, but held out for precautionary reasons.

Reaction Score
Any truth to the MKG for Boogie Cousins rumors? I think that's a good trade for both teams.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't want Cousins on a team without some respected NBA veterans in the locker room to keep him in check. Kid has always been a headcase, don't see him turning that around in Charlotte.

Reaction Score
That's a decent point, but what do the Bobcats have to lose? Maybe a change of scenery does him some good, and you can always pick up a couple token veterans in free agency. If you grab Cousins, then draft a McLemore or Muhammad type player, that gives you a nice young talent at guard, wing, and post.

Reaction Score
I dunno, I just think that MKG has been pretty good so far, and it looks like he still has room to improve. Seems to have good character and works hard, more of a sure thing. I'd rather try to pick up Noels or Zeller.

Reaction Score
I'm just not sold on either Zeller or Noel as a top three pick, although considering this is probably a three year re-building process, you can probably pick up a big man in the 2014 draft and then maybe by then the Cats are a decent team. I agree MKG is more of a sure thing, but I'm not sure there are 15 players in the NBA with a higher upside than Cousins. He could be a beast in the right situation.

caw

Reaction Score
I'm just not sold on either Zeller or Noel as a top three pick, although considering this is probably a three year re-building process, you can probably pick up a big man in the 2014 draft and then maybe by then the Cats are a decent team. I agree MKG is more of a sure thing, but I'm not sure there are 15 players in the NBA with a higher upside than Cousins. He could be a beast in the right situation.

They should have drafted Drummond if they wanted a big with upside. Cousins has a ton, but he's a headache and he, for some reason, has turned into too much of a finesse big. MKG has way too much upside and team leadership potential to trade for Cousins. Any other player on the Bobcats roster but Kemba and MKG.

Cousins would actually be a fantastic fit with Kemba, MKG and Bismark. Can't see how they could get him without trading at least one of those three though. Kemba doesn't make sense for Sacto. MKG would be untouchable if I were GM. Would Sacto take Bismark, one of the Detriot/Portland picks and filler for Cousins and a bad contract? If not, I would hold tight to my assets and see where things land. Bobcats have a good shot at a top 5 pick thi year and maybe two top tens the two years after.

2013 may not have a big as good as Cousins but I would rather have MKG and Zeller (for example) than just Cousins. Who knows maybe they get lucky and end up with Kemba, MKG, Parker or Wiggins or worst case Harrison, Zeller, Bismark and Taylor after 2014. That would be a sweet under 25 six man group not even including their 2014 second, Detroit and Portlands potential picks.

The Bobcats are on the right track and shouldn't blow it up yet.

Reaction Score
Noel's going to be special, at least on the defensive end.......the kid is a great athlete, has great length and good understanding of off the ball defense and with his quickness makes up ground fast.......scary how good he can be from what I see. Whether it happens or not is up to him!

Zeller is a real nice college player and should be a good pro but there's no knowing how his game translates to the next level.........the athletes change and while he has good athleticism he's not playing over the rim all that much, but he uses the rim and his IQ is high.....love to have him on my team!

Reaction Score
Couldn't be happier for Adrien to be getting his shot.

Reaction Score
Cousins and Dunlap would be a terrible fit, you had guys leaving the St Johns program midseason because they didn't want to play for Dunlap, pairing a headcase with him wouldn't work at all. MKG is one of the guys they should be building around along with Kemba, you don't give away guys like him on a gamble for a guy who hasn't shown that he gets it and shooting 40% from the field as a big man.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Great thread! Love the analysis everyone! Welcome relief from all the negative stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom