Bobby Knight has thrown his last chair | The Boneyard

Bobby Knight has thrown his last chair

Reaction Score
Bob Knight, the often controversial but always successful head coach who won three national titles at the helm of Indiana University, has died, according to a statement by his family posted on his website Wednesday evening.

Untitled.jpg

Brewski

To infinity and beyond!
Reaction Score
Whatever side you are on with respect to Bobby Knight, you're not wrong. He had all the crazy personality traits covered, but no doubt he was a genius of the X's & O's of basketball.

Jay Bilas writes about Coach Knight in the attached article. Good read!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Bob Knight, the often controversial but always successful head coach who won three national titles at the helm of Indiana University, has died, according to a statement by his family posted on his website Wednesday evening.

View attachment 92663
So overblown… Bobby Knight just thought the refs were looking a little fatigued out there so he offered them a chair.

RIP, for all his shortcomings, he was indisputably a great basketball coach. Connecticut fans owe him a debt of thanks because he advised Calhoun that the Big Ten was a conference of institutions but the big east was a school of coaches and advised him to strongly consider the Connecticut job.

Reaction Score
Bob Knight: “I’ve said in the past, that if I were an athletic director looking for a basketball coach — I don’t care whether the team was going to be made up of men, women, Eskimos, dogs, whatever — I’d want to talk to Gino Auriemma about coaching. Because I think he’s just as good a coach as there is anywhere today coaching anything.”

Geno and Knight made a videotape on coaching today's players compared to coaching last century's players.
I would have posted it, but couldn't find it

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom