Bobbie Kelsey Tells It Like It Is- And Gets Fired! | The Boneyard

Bobbie Kelsey Tells It Like It Is- And Gets Fired!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
She had good fire in that video and it seems like she did a great job as an assistant at Stanford, but she took a mediocre Wisconsin program and brought them into the cellar at Wisconsin. Wisconsin's men's program has played in back to back Final Fours and is primed for another big run this year. Wisconsin historically has had very good support for women's athletics, and after 2 coaches that haven't produced results (Stone and Kelsey), it is time for a change.

Reaction Score
There's no evidence she was fired for "telling it like it is." But there's a lot of evidence she was fired for performance - namely never finishing above 9th in the conference.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I know a lot of people liked her rant about "kids these days" — and I'll grant that it had entertainment value — but to me she came across as a bit out of control, fed up, and looking for someone to blame.

Reaction Score

HR, no spitting match but your thread at this point is misleading for those that may not know what she spoke out about. In the article you provide her only statement is she is very grateful for the opportunity the school gave her. This may help.
http://thebiglead.com/2016/01/30/bo...g-stop-tweeting-and-get-your-butt-in-the-gym/

The rant is really nothing more than what most say about the younger generation as far as them staring at a thumb operated device all day. Her main problem was not finding players that care more about the game than their media devices. That and not having someone like CD at her side to enforce or limit the use.
This is a recruiting weakness as she should have been doing a better job of vetting players and getting proven gym rats. (By the way for those that thought throwing up bricks was derogatory, this is a complimentary term used on TV quite often.) Coaches can only spend so many hours with the players and hope they buy into the program enough to spend time in the gym on their own. She obviously could not sell that point. Wish her luck down the road.

Reaction Score
I'd be careful about lining her up for the guillotine; perhaps the pillory will suffice (yeah, yeah....don't sweat the historical incongruity). I am fearing the same for one of our own; I HOPE that I am wrong, but am deathly afraid that my concerns may be unfortunately accurate.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
she said all the right things in that video... best wishes wherever she lands

Reaction Score
Duhhh. I was well aware of her team's struggles, and I didn't intend to suggest her firing was the result of her outspokenness. I just liked her unusual candor.

Reaction Score
Duhhh. I was well aware of her team's struggles, and I didn't intend to suggest her firing was the result of her outspokenness. I just liked her unusual candor.

The thread title would suggest differently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom