Bob Hurley Sr. Showtime Documentary | The Boneyard

Bob Hurley Sr. Showtime Documentary

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
From what I remember JC disliked Sr and the feeling was mutual.

Reaction Score
I highly recommend The Street Stops Here a doc on one of his best teams in the early 00s. Had Mike Rosario, Dominick Cheek, Tyshaun Taylor, etc. Hurley is basically a high school JC.

Reaction Score
Both from the same pod. This is as no nonsense a coach that there is, old school stuff, he reminds me of Pat Riley's high school coach who would tear a player's head off, real fire and brimstone. Danny probably has a lot of this and that is a good thing.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
He sure didn't send many of his players toward Storrs.

Both of them seemed to do ok despite that.

They made peace in later years. If they can move past it, so should everyone else. Beats being mad about a recruit from, like, 2001.

Reaction Score
Both JC and Sr. are cut from the same cloth from what I've seen when I was living in JC some 17 years ago and going to a few of his games.

Dan seems to be the modern version of his father/JC which I'm the most excited about.

Can't wait for the season to start.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I highly recommend The Street Stops Here a doc on one of his best teams in the early 00s. Had Mike Rosario, Dominick Cheek, Tyshaun Taylor, etc. Hurley is basically a high school JC.

The Street Stops here is what people really should watch. Awesome doc.

mrl2016

better late than never
Reaction Score

I was looking for this on some of the popular torrent sites with no luck. Any idea if there's a free version floating around on the internet somewhere?

Reaction Score
I covered High School sports in the late 80's for MSG and had a bunch of conversations with Bob Sr.. Although he was tough on his kids, he was tremendous advocate for all his kids. My favorite story about him though was when Bob Jr. was a Junior at St. Anthony's, we put him on our 2nd team all tri-state team. Kenny Anderson and Chris Smith were the first team. The next year, St. A's won the national championship and Bobby naturally made the 1st team. When we brought everybody to studio, Bob Sr. took me aside and told me that Bobby Jr. was really disappointed he was on the 2nd team the year prior. Bob Sr. then took a beat and said... "but that Chris Smith is pretty good."

Reaction Score
I was looking for this on some of the popular torrent sites with no luck. Any idea if there's a free version floating around on the internet somewhere?

It's definitely out there as I googled around and found it pretty easily when I watched it a few months ago. I just did a quick search and could not find it, but I know it *was* out there.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Both of them seemed to do ok despite that.

They made peace in later years. If they can move past it, so should everyone else. Beats being mad about a recruit from, like, 2001.

Neither of them are still coaching, so even if they hadn't made peace, I don't think either would give a crap. I mean BH wants what's best for his son. JC wants what's best for UCONN. If the best option for both is the same, neither is going pitch a fit.

Reaction Score
The Hurley Sr. Calhoun hate thing is a strange thing floated around this board and it isn't true. He's the greatest high school coach ever and was a miracle worker for Jersey City. His '89 team with Bobby Hurley, Terry Dehere, Jerry Walker, Rodrick Rhodes, and Sean Rooney is up there with Dunbar for the best high school bball team ever. If Luther Wright never transferred to Elizabeth it would have been an even more epic squad.

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
Huh, I can agree with you somewhat that Sr. was a great coach, but how does that prove that he and JC didn't get along?

Reaction Score
Huh, I can agree with you somewhat that Sr. was a great coach, but how does that prove that he and JC didn't get along?
They were two seperate thoughts. The Calhoun Hurley Sr. hate thing is a made up thing, it isn't true. I've told yhe board this several times and for some reason it still gets pushed here.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
The Hurley Sr. Calhoun hate thing is a strange thing floated around this board and it isn't true. He's the greatest high school coach ever and was a miracle worker for Jersey City. His '89 team with Bobby Hurley, Terry Dehere, Jerry Walker, Rodrick Rhodes, and Sean Rooney is up there with Dunbar for the best high school bball team ever. If Luther Wright never transferred to Elizabeth it would have been an even more epic squad.

I'm sure it isn't true but why isn't it true? Is there some data that can be pointed to?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom