OT: - Bob Dylan | The Boneyard

OT: Bob Dylan

Curiouser
Reaction Score

I mean, whether people like Dylan or not, it is simply astounding to me how much art this man has created. As I posted to @August_West yesterday, it's amazing how great so many of his outtakes are. And here we have a 17-minute, unreleased epic, "recorded a while back," and released yesterday. You have to wonder how much more unreleased stuff he still has.

I'm on my second listen. Mesmerizing.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I have a nice weekend planned come July. Vermont beer capped with a Bob show at the Champlain Expo Center. Looks like it probably won't happen, though.

Reaction Score
Just listened to one of my favorites Ike Reilly live on facebook. He's always had a Dylan vibe. Playing with his kid, great stuff.

Reaction Score
I love Dylan but this track is weak. That’s why it was an outtake.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm a big Dylan fan and I think the newly released song is great - I've listened to it multiple times. It is different than any previous, but that's what he does. I hadn't kept up on his music since "Modern Times" & am thrilled with this. Truly remarkable that he's been able to keep changing - a true artist. Again just my opinion.

Curiouser
Reaction Score

Fun fact: John Cruz, the Hawaiian singer/guitar player featured at the 2:00 minute mark used to live on Martha's Vineyard in the summers in the late 80s through late 90s and he frequently played the bar/restaurant where I worked. He also played our rehearsal dinner. Among other things, he used to play a mean cover of Bill Withers's "Use Me." He went on to have a few minor hits of his own, including "One of these Days," which just popped up on my running playlist last week.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Fun Fact: Learned Dylan is still alive. That would have been a pint of beer I would have paid for on a bar bet.

Reaction Score
If you want to write a song that has a mashup of song and historical references to the 60's, 70's etc, you write "American Pie". One of the greatest sing with a drunk crowd songs ever. "Murder Most Foul", not so much.

Reaction Score
I was at the Newport Folk Festival, 1965, I think it was July 25th(?), on the night Bob Dylan "went electric". "Like a Rolling Stone" had just been released. I loved the tune, did not understand the boos. It became a mythic event, called by some "the most important moment in the development of Rock music", and a new biop film on that night is due to be released this year. Forget who plays Dylan.

At the time, I loved the acoustic, folk singer Dylan. The "myth" is that folk purists in the crowd were angry to hear electric. There were plenty of cheers as well. In recent years, I think that electric guitar brought 2 mil(?) at auction. Closer to the truth is that the boos were for a poor sound system. I just remember loving "Like a Rolling Stone", and wondering "why the boos??"

Reaction Score
The night Dylan went electric. Newport Folk Festival, 1965. Here is that performance of "Like a Rolling Stone". You can also find "Maggie's Farm" from that night on YouTube. The booing heard at the start was carrying over from "Maggie's Farm".

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom