Bob Diaco Post-Game - East Carolina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Video: opening Q&A w/WTIC & Joe D, full Q&A to follow shortly

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
More empty platitudes and gobbledygook from Coach Disastro.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I don't mind his interviews. They are at least interesting. I think he was ok in this one. He seems to get that they need more offense but he can't seem to fix it.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

"This is like a Molotov cocktail of ugliness right now"

Reaction Score
Williams had better be good as I am starting to wonder if Diaco is a reliable judge of talent or anything for that matter.

Reaction Score
Toward the end he called this season "spectacularly depressing." That pretty much sums it up.

Reaction Score
He said they 'were so much better earlier in the year'. My question is 'when?' Certainly not in the Maine or Syracuse or USF games I guess Cinci or UVA? Thought all this culture building was going to mean a tougher team mentally and physically? When does that manifest itself?

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
He brought up the "dropped the rope" bull crap he used last week.

C'mon Bob, at least troll us with some fresh material!

Reaction Score
Will give this team one thing. Their bye coming after game 10 is awfully late in the year. That being said. Other than Hopkins have we lost anyone else?

Reaction Score
He said they 'were so much better earlier in the year'. My question is 'when?' Certainly not in the Maine or Syracuse or USF games I guess Cinci or UVA? Thought all this culture building was going to mean a tougher team mentally and physically? When does that manifest itself?

He must have been talking about summer camp when they were going up against his defense.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
It's clear that he has no answers, at least not this year. Staff won't change with 3 games left and he's right - burning red shirts at this point is stupid.

So, he's banking on : 1) sticking around another year, and 2) taking a big step forward with in all likelihood a young, inexperienced QB next year.

Bold strategy, Cotton.

Reaction Score
It's clear that he has no answers, at least not this year. Staff won't change with 3 games left and he's right - burning red shirts at this point is stupid.

So, he's banking on : 1) sticking around another year, and 2) taking a big step forward with in all likelihood a young, inexperienced QB next year.

Bold strategy, Cotton.
You know, I really want to see what Williams could do, but damn that's a lot of pressure. I suspect after next year's training camp he will be announcing "Bryant is our QB, he gives us our best chance to win". If that does happen, we will have our answer on whether Bob believes the things he says.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
The thing that bothers me more than anything else with Diaco is that he's supposed to be a defensive mastermind. Our opponents have broken 40 points 3 times this year. Hell, even Maine hung 21 on us. We've always taken pride in our D, and we've seemed to have lost even that...

Reaction Score
The thing that bothers me more than anything else with Diaco is that he's supposed to be a defensive mastermind. Our opponents have broken 40 points 3 times this year. Hell, even Maine hung 21 on us. We've always taken pride in our D, and we've seemed to have lost even that...
Well if you listen to his presser today he placed much of the blame on the offense. 'Defense has to back out there 40 seconds later'. Pretty damning given his woodstockian free love approach

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Well if you listen to his presser today he placed much of the blame on the offense. 'Defense has to back out there 40 seconds later'. Pretty damning given his woodstockian free love approach

We had more time of possession than USF, and we only had 5 minutes less than Houston and ECU. So...his excuse is horse manure...

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Again, I feel for this guy cause he is LOST
To be talking about retooling in this stage of the season is pure idiocy
It starts with his QB - I am not putting the blame squarely on BS, but this program needs a quality QB
Recruiting refrigerators as OL just because they weigh 300 plus lbs does no good if they lack athleticism
Allowing your secondary to play 15 yrds off the play and bragging about the guys there playing on Sundays - really????

Reaction Score
He's lost the team. He himself is lost and without any idea how to fix the mess.

Reaction Score
You know, I really want to see what Williams could do, but damn that's a lot of pressure. I suspect after next year's training camp he will be announcing "Bryant is our QB, he gives us our best chance to win". If that does happen, we will have our answer on whether Bob believes the things he says.

Nope, he's gonna have to ride or die with Williams. Shirreffs isn't miraculously improving over the off-season.

Reaction Score
Nope, he's gonna have to ride or die with Williams. Shirreffs isn't miraculously improving over the off-season.
I agree, but Diaco has a penchant for saying one thing and doing another. we will see

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom