Bob Diaco Named Oklahoma Defensive Coordinator (or not) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Bob Diaco Named Oklahoma Defensive Coordinator (or not)

Reaction Score
Would Alabama win the national title with Diaco as DC?

He may not be a good head coach, but he was a really good defensive coordinator during his time at ND.

Reaction Score
He may not be a good head coach, but he was a really good defensive coordinator during his time at ND.
You mean the coordinator that in the biggest game in his career oversaw a D that gave up 529 yards and 28 first half points? Of course since that entire season was vacated due to using ineligible players including Matai Teo's girlfriend, I guess you could say that he was great that year.

Any prosepctive employer needs to watch this video and then ask themselves why they just wasted their time.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Bobby Red Pants could have had the job, but he didn't like OU's answers to his questions.
Bobby: "Is Norman ready to win breakfast?!?!"
AD: "I'm sorry, but WTF does that mean?"
Bobby: ".....troubling, but moving on. Are you interested in scoreboard success?"
AD: "Well of course! Isn't that the *ing point?"
Bobby knew this wasn't a place he could commit to long-term.
BRP: "So exactly how many years are we going to treat as preseason games so I can ease in my coaching genius?"
AD: "Again WTF are you talking about? Is really possible that you are this big an idiot?"
BRP: "Well St. Augustine said 'With love and dilegence all things are possible.'"
AD: "Get the EF out of my office."

Reaction Score
You mean the coordinator that in the biggest game in his career oversaw a D that gave up 529 yards and 28 first half points? Of course since that entire season was vacated due to using ineligible players including Matai Teo's girlfriend, I guess you could say that he was great that year.

Any prosepctive employer needs to watch this video and then ask themselves why they just wasted their time.

Yes that game. Face it, 529 yards and 28 points , as bad as it was, would be uconn’s Best defensive game of this year. And it seems as though Nebraska and Oklahoma seem to think he knows something about defensive schemes. But maybe they weren’t smart enough to look at some videos.

Reaction Score
Yes that game. Face it, 529 yards and 28 points , as bad as it was, would be uconn’s Best defensive game of this year. And it seems as though Nebraska and Oklahoma seem to think he knows something about defensive schemes. But maybe they weren’t smart enough to look at some videos.
Are you seriously saying his 1season at Nebraska is proof of his d coordinator ability? The 1 season that led to the entire staff being fired? Even at ND, the guy was a walking pile of weird including his emotional response to Mantai’s girlfriends death.

I get that you ND guys defend everything associated with the football team but Diacos time at ND may have been the pinnacle of his career and more a reflection of what Kelly wanted than what he did.

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score

this video is awesome

Reaction Score
Are you seriously saying his 1season at Nebraska is proof of his d coordinator ability? The 1 season that led to the entire staff being fired? Even at ND, the guy was a walking pile of weird including his emotional response to Mantai’s girlfriends death.

I get that you ND guys defend everything associated with the football team but Diacos time at ND may have been the pinnacle of his career and more a reflection of what Kelly wanted than what he did.

It’s interesting how many here won’t blame the current coaches for things that are happening in their second year in power, while Diaco gets blamed for his only year as a defensive coordinator at Nebraska and his first two years at UConn. Nebraska put the blame on Mike Riley for his 19-19 record in his three years there (and 12-14 conference record). They evidently weren’t willing to put the blame on Pelini.

We actually don’t defend everything associated with the ND football team as the overwhelming desire by many to dump Kelly for his 54-33 record may indicate. But it’s also interesting that you give credit to Kelly for Diaco’s defensive performance at ND but not Riley for the defensive performance at Nebraska.

Reaction Score
It’s interesting how many here won’t blame the current coaches for things that are happening in their second year in power, while Diaco gets blamed for his only year as a defensive coordinator at Nebraska and his first two years at UConn. Nebraska put the blame on Mike Riley for his 19-19 record in his three years there (and 12-14 conference record). They evidently weren’t willing to put the blame on Peli

We actually don’t defend everything associated with the ND football team as the overwhelming desire by many to dump Kelly for his 54-33 record may indicate. But it’s also interesting that you give credit to Kelly for Diaco’s defensive performance at ND but not Riley for the defensive performance at Nebraska.
Diaco and his staff was responsible for the juniors and seniors on this team. That is not debatable. The current staff deserves criticism but the lack of depth starts with Diaco.

ND fans should have wanted Kelly gone after he killed a kid by making him go up a tower in a wind storm, or perhaps because of the Prince Shembo incident or maybe the ineligible players and vacated season. But you keep on being you.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
The balance of Diaco's career has overwhelmed whatever he did at ND, even if you choose to give him all the credit for that year.

For a major program to give him a significant role is career lunacy.

Reaction Score
BRP: "So exactly how many years are we going to treat as preseason games so I can ease in my coaching genius?"
AD: "Again WTF are you talking about? Is really possible that you are this big an idiot?"
BRP: "Well St. Augustine said 'With love and dilegence all things are possible.'"
AD: "Get the EF out of my office."

My Big ten Guy could only get me the limited transcript. Your source is better connected.

Reaction Score
Diaco and his staff was responsible for the juniors and seniors on this team. That is not debatable. The current staff deserves criticism but the lack of depth starts with Diaco.

ND fans should have wanted Kelly gone after he killed a kid by making him go up a tower in a wind storm, or perhaps because of the Prince Shembo incident or maybe the ineligible players and vacated season. But you keep on being you.

I’ve wanted Kelly gone for years. Not because of those things, but simply because of football issues. (Do you know what Prince Shembo was accused of? Or who was in charge of filming practices? )

And if Diaco wasn’t responsible for the freshman and sophomores this year, it’s hard to give him any blame for the performance of the defense. Coaches often play the guys that they recruit, because it makes for a better story on the recruiting trail. I have no idea whether the guys sitting on the bench are better than the guys on the field. But it seems impossible to believe that they are any worse. As for why teams like Nebraska or Oklahoma would hire Diaco as a defensive coach, they probably just looked at the films.

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
I’ve wanted Kelly gone for years. Not because of those things, but simply because of football issues. (Do you know what Prince Shembo was accused of? Or who was in charge of filming practices? )

And if Diaco wasn’t responsible for the freshman and sophomores this year, it’s hard to give him any blame for the performance of the defense. Coaches often play the guys that they recruit, because it makes for a better story on the recruiting trail. I have no idea whether the guys sitting on the bench are better than the guys on the field. But it seems impossible to believe that they are any worse. As for why teams like Nebraska or Oklahoma would hire Diaco as a defensive coach, they probably just looked at the films.

Indirectly, Diaco is responsible for us having to play so many freshman and sophomores as the players he recruited are not even close to FBS caliber. He recruting, or lack there of, is what has set us back so far. IMO

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It’s interesting how many here won’t blame the current coaches for things that are happening in their second year in power, while Diaco gets blamed for his only year as a defensive coordinator at Nebraska and his first two years at UConn. Nebraska put the blame on Mike Riley for his 19-19 record in his three years there (and 12-14 conference record). They evidently weren’t willing to put the blame on Pelini.

it was weird when bob diaco went to a press conference and pretended he didn’t know t’eo gf was fake.

granted it was weirder that he got hired after that and people here supported him even after that was common knowledge. but bobby still made the first weird move.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The balance of Diaco's career has overwhelmed whatever he did at ND, even if you choose to give him all the credit for that year.

I'm not sure. With P's failure and HCRE's 2.0's problems he might to put a line through his UConn year's by saying "no one can win there."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom