Bob Diaco is Back | The Boneyard

Bob Diaco is Back

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Makes sense...his most effective period in his football life was with Kelly.

It's funny....when Edsall came back it felt like a step forward for the program. Now I have no idea where we stepped (maybe in crap)...other than "not forward".

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Not letting him actually step foot on the field during the game or go near the field, while using any possible knowledge that may be up in that wacky head of his? Solid move by LSU!

Reaction Score
Brian Kelly doing his loyal old soldier a solid. Guy is an absolute clown - someone will get duped like Warde into giving him another chance though. Hope he puts his stamp on LSU by getting the facility stocked with some healthy snacks.

Reaction Score
This is probably the best thing for him right now. He can restart his career and get back on his feet professionally. At this point, I hope he succeeds. He was bad for UConn, but personally I've moved on.
Agreed.. I wish him well... We gave him his first shot and he failed miserably... a few years before coming to us, didn't he win the DC award for FBS coaches? The way he handled us it was unfathomable... He may end up being a guy who leads a FCS program for many years at the end of the day... From what I saw, that'd be his ultimate landing spot.. and not a bad one...

Reaction Score
You can't keep a good man down.
LOL...
Lol, or Bob Diaco apparently.
Yep and much to our chagrin, Bob is laughing all the way to the bank. He should be writing a book calling it on how to sell yourself to anyone anywhere anytime. Warde could do the jacket back cover blurb. The New Jersey Generals must be crying in their beer.

Reaction Score
I hate to ruin this pile on Diaco thread :) but when you look at Edsall and how he tore our program to pieces, Bob D doesn’t look as bad in retrospect. Like K Ollie a bit kinda stuck as we were changing conferences etc - but still subpar.

All I know is when I rushed the field after shocking win v Houston Diaco was the coach I believe.

Not a good coach btw but certainly better than the train wreck known as Randy Edsall.

Just sayin’

Reaction Score
Kelly is just following in Saban’s footsteps - giving once good coaches a chance to resurrect their career at a bargain price. This is what happens when you’ve $$ to burn.

Reaction Score
I have been focusing on other sports recently (e.g. Jessie Diggins, Mikaela Shiffrin). so when I saw that headline I though UConn had hired him to be the OC. I went YIKES, Nooooo!! Very happy to have landed safely without incident or injury. ;)

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'm done ragging on Bob. He gave it his best shot, it wasn't good enough. And I really appreciate his stand-up comments in those "what happened to UConn" articles. He owned it all, saying UConn gave him what he needed.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
His clock management was one for the ages. The guy didn't even know what down it was. Yuck. We would have never hired him if it wasn't for the "Notre Dame" on his resume.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom