Boatshow tonight | The Boneyard

Boatshow tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I admittedly know so little about the NBA that I don't have context for how crazy the Green/Sullinger arguments are. For the BYers that do know about the league: what are we hoping for Ryan tonight?

Would it be better for him to sneak into the second round or go undrafted thereby keeping some autonomy on where/for whom he plays professionally?

I think ego wise it'd be nice to be drafted but maybe that's not actually in his best interest? Idk, educate me. I'm at a point where I need to be cheering for a particular outcome in order to maintain attentiveness.

Reaction Score
Well I know I've heard reports that the Clippers (who don't currently have a pick in the draft) want to get a 2nd round pick to snag a point guard. They've worked out Boat a couple of times and the assumption is that he'd be one of their few available choices for a PG.

I know what you're saying about the undrafted getting a choice, but I'm sure he wouldn't mind being Chris Paul's backup if he gets drafted by LAC

Reaction Score
most likely undrafted and will have to garner summer league invites ----> training camp invites to earn a roster spot.

Reaction Score
most likely undrafted and will have to garner summer league invites ----> training camp invites to earn a roster spot.

I agree with this, sort of the equivalent as a "preferred" undrafted free agent. His lack of size at the position will keep him from being drafted, but from what I've heard, teams have been extremely impressed with his athleticism during the pre-draft process and that will get him into someone's training camp

Reaction Score
I'm rooting hard for Boat to get drafted. Going into training camp the odds are with the player a team invested a draft choice in. The Nets and Clippers appear to have the most interest.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I've read about there being some interest on the part of the Spurs as well.

Reaction Score
I went from ambivalent about him in his sophomore season to him becoming one of my favorite Huskies of all time. His transformation from highlight reel mixtape guy to unselfish, heart of a lion, lockdown defender will be something I'll always remember. Will be pulling for him like crazy!! Love to see him get on a team that likes to run.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I'm rooting hard for Boat to get drafted. Going into training camp the odds are with the player a team invested a draft choice in. The Nets and Clippers appear to have the most interest.

Would be very happy to see him on my Nets.

Reaction Score
Good to see he's getting support from current and former teammates.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Mixed feelings, really. I'd like for him to garner a draft pick, he's not a 1st rounder. If Boatright isn't drafted, he is free to go to any team for the Summer. Look at last year. DeAndre Daniels was drafted, but played in AUS. Boatright doesn't have to be drafted to do that.

Reaction Score
Boat will have a career in professional basketball and make a good living. Hoping for a second round pick.

Reaction Score
I think Boat is the kind of guy who, if he gets drafted, will be drafted by a team who expects to give him a shot because they like how he plays. You already know that he is undersized, and you know what kind of things he can do with his talent. Just a thought.

While I obviously want Boat to end up in the best place possible, I do hope that happens to be through the draft. He deserves it.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23, ‘24
Reaction Score
Just as a culmination of all the work he's put in, I want him to be able to hear his name called tonight. It may be better for him to be a rookie free agent, but I want him to feel the euphoria of being drafted into the NBA. He deserves it.

Last edited:

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
AJ Price went as (I think) the 52nd pick back in 2009 for Indiana. He impressed and made the team, and I'm hoping Boat can do something similar.

Eskapeesto

The specter of ExtraPesto is haunting the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Round 2 completed; no Boatright.

Reaction Score
Tough luck for RB but at least he was a key member to a NCAA Championship!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom