Boatright's pass | The Boneyard

Boatright's pass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
WOW! It was so fast, and they never showed a replay, but it was a behind-the-back pass. The ball started on his right side, and in one continuous motion went around his back and with his left hand came flying out to Alex. It was a thing of beauty. One of the best UConn passes ever, and maybe second only to Caron's behind-the-back half court dazzler. But as terrific as Ryan's pass was, I was more amazed that Alex caught it. Had he missed it, I sure wouldn't have faulted him.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
WOW! It was so fast, and they never showed a replay, but it was a behind-the-back pass. The ball started on his right side, and in one continuous motion went around his back and with his left hand came flying out to Alex. It was a thing of beauty. One of the best UConn passes ever, and maybe second only to Caron's behind-the-back half court dazzler. But as terrific as Ryan's pass was, I was more amazed that Alex caught it. Had he missed it, I sure wouldn't have faulted him.
I wished they showed a replay of that pass since they didn't really capture it well live. I guess it caught the camera men by surprise.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
I wished they showed a replay of that pass since they didn't really capture it well live. I guess it caught the camera men by surprise.
I don't think it was behind his back. I watched it a few times (DVR) and it looks like he pushed it out to Alex with one hand and extended his other arm out to make it look fancy.

Reaction Score
it wasn't behind the back, it was a whip around pass

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
In '95-'96 (against PC I believe) Sheffer made a blind touch pass directly behind him to Kirk King (off a 3/4 court feed no less) that King grabbed and dunked in one motion. I still don't know (considering how quickly everything unfolded) how King knew the pass was coming.

In '04-'05 Marcus Williams made about a dozen passes where immediately the response Holy S#&T! That was clearly his best season here and briefly (very briefly) he was the best passer we had. I DVR'd today's game aftger watching RB's pass to AO I called my son in to see it as I replayed it. It was a thing of beauty.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
His anger at nobody catching the first half alley-oop that Drummond waited to catch and then dunk is my favorite moment of the season. He was legitimately ticked off.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
The pass that Shabazz made to AO was also sweet on the part of both players. If AO can anticipate like this game in and game out and catch the ball like he did in these two plays then other teams will be in trouble.

caw

Reaction Score
Quoted the wrong person

Well he did get the assist, but that should have been a highlight, there were only 4 other UConn players in dunking position.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Well he did get the assist, but that should have been a highlight, there were only 4 other UConn players in dunking position.
Are you referring to the same play as mine. The one in which Shabazz drove under the hoop bringing three HC players to him and dishes to the front of the rim to a driving AO who gets an easy dunk. I have no way of figuring out how SN and AO communicated with one another to get that timing down.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
His anger at nobody catching the first half alley-oop that Drummond waited to catch and then dunk is my favorite moment of the season. He was legitimately ticked off.

Crazy part was Oriakhi, Smith and Drummond all could have hammered it home. And worse yet, Lamb was in position for an offensive rebound.

We had a 5 on 1 break where an alley oop pass could fall to the waist, three players had a chance to grab it and still get an uncontested dunk. Nice dilemma to have.

caw

Reaction Score
Are you referring to the same play as mine. The one in which Shabazz drove under the hoop bringing three HC players to him and dishes to the front of the rim to a driving AO who gets an easy dunk. I have no way of figuring out how SN and AO communicated with one another to get that timing down.

Opps, clicked on the wrong person to quote.

zls44

Reaction Score
Crazy part was Oriakhi, Smith and Drummond all could have hammered it home. And worse yet, Lamb was in position for an offensive rebound.

We had a 5 on 1 break where an alley oop pass could fall to the waist, three players had a chance to grab it and still get an uncontested dunk. Nice dilemma to have.

He was SO MAD

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I think he was more upset when he couldn't get his footing under him on the dunk. I think he wanted to do something big.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
I think he was more upset when he couldn't get his footing under him on the dunk. I think he wanted to do something big.
He wanted to and then a flash of JC came across his mind that said show (ryan) boating against George's former alma mater with a thirty point lead will get you in the doghouse and RB immediately made the intelligent adjustment.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
That was potentially a very dangerous play. If Daniels (who was in front of Drummond at the time) jumps slightly backwards for the pass there is a good chance the back of his head hits Drummond square in the face (where he has already broken his nose once recently).

zls44

Reaction Score
That was potentially a very dangerous play. If Daniels (who was in front of Drummond at the time) jumps slightly backwards for the pass there is a good chance the back of his head hits Drummond square in the face (where he has already broken his nose once recently).

Yep. I preferred what he ended up doing instead. Too many guys in too small a space for it to end well.

Reaction Score
I'm a bit confused to which pass we're discussing here. I remember one play where RB drove from left to right across the top of the key and whipped this one-hander off the dribble to Alex in the post. At least I think it was RB. Both he and Shabazz had a number of very nice assists in the game.

Alex did a really nice job of catching and finishing on that play. In fact, I thought our bigs had their best game as far as catching the ball cleanly in the post and attacking the rim. They had been fumbling a lot of passes and when they weren't fumbling them, making bad decisions such as putting it on the floor when they shouldn't or chucking up some terrible off-balanced shots. Yesterday, they were simply making plays. If our guards can pass it like they did yesterday and our bigs catch it like they did, this team becomes extremely dangerous.

Reaction Score
Too many guys in too small a space for it to end well.

Like they were waiting for a bus. Boat could have probably dunked it making the play better. That was an embarrassing moment for HC.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
What about the play where Boatshow picked the guy clean and dunked it? He still can't figure out where Ryan came from.

Reaction Score
What about the play where Boatshow picked the guy clean and dunked it? He still can't figure out where Ryan came from.
Yeah, the HC guy was like, "Holy Crap! Where'd the ball go?" I don't think I've ever seen a steal like that before. If Napier is the Wrap Around Bandit, then Boatright should be called the Drive By Assassin or something similar.

He just ran right around him and took it the other way. The HC player didn't know what hit him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom